[Release] The Trailblazer - 1.5e

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
DoomKrakken

Re: [Release] The Trailblazer - 1.3, out now or something

Post by DoomKrakken »

It's not just that. Also consider the radius/height of these projectiles.

For example, the Chrome Justice fires projectiles with 10 radius and 12 height. That's a pretty big projectile, as far as projectiles go. It has half the radius of most Doom monster actors.

You could try reducing the radius and height of the projectiles, but then it'd be harder to hit monsters with them.
4thcharacter

Post by 4thcharacter »

The upgraded Chrome Justice has sprite conflicts with the water splashes on njsplash.wad. It appears whenever you reload the said weapon.

EDIT: It's actually conflicting with the sprites from this actor. Can be worked around easily w/ inheritance though.
NullWire

Post by NullWire »

Erm when I drop the Master exploder, the droped item it's too big..

and there is any chance in the future to add voxel items?

& Harder monsters, cuz the weapons are so Op
Cryomundus

Post by Cryomundus »

NullWire wrote:Erm when I drop the Master exploder, the droped item it's too big..

I've been holding onto this thing for far too damn long, so I think it's about time I say something.
Spoiler:
4thcharacter

Post by 4thcharacter »

That's some nice greenified revenant and Hellstorm Elemental. What do they do?
Cryomundus

Post by Cryomundus »

4thcharacter wrote:That's some nice greenified revenant and Hellstorm Elemental. What do they do?
Oh you know, projectile based railguns, triple dumbfired rockets, occasional homing rockets for the beam rev, green buddy rev gets dual projectile railguns that occasionally derp out and fire out of the back of his skull...for some reason, might leave that in. He'll be getting a few more additions, but he's a bit of a pain to fight. Oh, and unless you gib him, he'll resurrect (don't worry, he's gibhealth is actually quite low, so he's pretty easy to gib. Most of the time anyway.)

Hellstorm is also wip, but he basically shoots 3 large orbs that split and bounce all over the place.

Mind you, the damage dealt per projectile is actually quite low, as the highest damage dealers go to railguns and rockets that deal a mere 15hp, but practially every monster is signinficantly more aggressive, they now shoot multiple projectiles at a time, and things can easily turn into an absolute clusterfuck of projectiles. It's like a literal death by a thousand cuts.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

Cryomundus wrote:
NullWire wrote:Erm when I drop the Master exploder, the droped item it's too big..

I've been holding onto this thing for far too damn long, so I think it's about time I say something.
Spoiler:
What's that mapset?
Dude... you really shouldn't be dropping the detonator.
Cryomundus

Post by Cryomundus »

It's "j-jiffy-rc2.wad", found it while browsing one day on Doomseeker.
4thcharacter

Post by 4thcharacter »

Cryomundus wrote: Oh you know, projectile based railguns, triple dumbfired rockets, occasional homing rockets for the beam rev, green buddy rev gets dual projectile railguns that occasionally derp out and fire out of the back of his skull...for some reason, might leave that in. He'll be getting a few more additions, but he's a bit of a pain to fight. Oh, and unless you gib him, he'll resurrect (don't worry, he's gibhealth is actually quite low, so he's pretty easy to gib. Most of the time anyway.)

Hellstorm is also wip, but he basically shoots 3 large orbs that split and bounce all over the place.

Mind you, the damage dealt per projectile is actually quite low, as the highest damage dealers go to railguns and rockets that deal a mere 15hp, but practially every monster is signinficantly more aggressive, they now shoot multiple projectiles at a time, and things can easily turn into an absolute clusterfuck of projectiles. It's like a literal death by a thousand cuts.

That sounds nice! I want to see how the other monsters work as well so I'm looking forward to the first release.
NullWire wrote:Harder monsters, cuz the weapons are so Op
There are some monster replacer mods that you can try here. The ones I can recommend right now are Colorful Hell, DoomKrakken's monster add-on. And DRLA's monsterpack also works well, has balls-to-the-wall hard monsters that you can fight but is incomplete as of now.
Rowsol

Post by Rowsol »

Bug report.

Select the machete. Throw it with altfire. Random weapon gets picked. You can only craft machete ammo now because you still have the "MacheteSelected" token.

You can make DemShells if you only have 2 junk even though it takes 4.

I was throwing spikebombs into a pile. I had 2 less than the maximum and walked over a stack of at least 4. The game crashed.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

I think a workaround can probably be made using an [wiki]A_JumpIfNoAmmo[/wiki] action...
Morter

Post by Morter »

Sure wish this mod had that setting where the highest difficulty provided double/extra ammo. My bitchmaker is starving. *snicker*

Still fun, though.
shotfan

Post by shotfan »

I have a couple of suggestions:
- Give Malcolm Cradle & Grave from the start on Worthless, since this is the easiest difficulty level, so infinite ammo ranged weapons would fit nicely.
- An option to regulate health and armour bonuses from cigarettes (or just make them give 4 HP/AP on Worthless).
- Ammunition and junk amounts per item affected by difficulty - another thing that could further differentiate the difficulty settings.
- Bitchmaker's new feature for its upgrade: ricocheting shots! Use the altfire to fire those (or primary fire if you do not want them to bounce at all). They should be somewhat weaker that direct shots.
Morter

Post by Morter »

I just figured out how to change the ammo stuff myself, so don't worry about that :P

That said, have you considered having the berserk unit melee kills heal above 100%?
Edit: Another idea - Making Cradle & Grave pickups automagically turn into junk, or perhaps the option to scrap your own C&G (or any weapon)?
amv2k9

Post by amv2k9 »

Rowsol wrote:I was throwing spikebombs into a pile. I had 2 less than the maximum and walked over a stack of at least 4. The game crashed.
The game is experiencing an infinite recursion thanks to these lines in the SpikebombProjectileFloor actor:

Code: Select all

Spawn:
  PBMB A 0 NoDelay A_JumpIf(CallACS("TargetDistance3D", radius, height), "ReturnTheBomb")
  Loop
 ReturnTheBomb:
  PBMB A 0 A_JumpIfInTargetInventory("SpikebombAmmo",0,"Spawn")
  Stop
I just did this:

Code: Select all

Spawn:
  PBMB A 0 NoDelay A_JumpIf(CallACS("TargetDistance3D", radius, height), "ReturnTheBomb")
  Loop
 ReturnTheBomb:
  PBMB A 1
  PBMB A 0 A_JumpIfInTargetInventory("SpikebombAmmo",0,"Spawn")
  Stop
...and it didn't seem to cause any problems. I assume the script's purpose is to check whether the actor that threw it is close enough to pick it back up; in other words, sort of an ACS equivalent of [wiki]A_CheckProximity[/wiki]. I tried reproducing this bug with the Machete, by maxing out MacheteAmmo, throwing one, then giving one more MacheteAmmo, but it doesn't happen there.
shotfan wrote:I have a couple of suggestions:
- Bitchmaker's new feature for its upgrade: ricocheting shots! Use the altfire to fire those (or primary fire if you do not want them to bounce at all). They should be somewhat weaker that direct shots.
...But that's what the Patriarch's altfire does.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”