[Release] The Trailblazer - 1.5e

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
PillowBlaster

Re: [Release] The Trailblazer (1.2b)

Post by PillowBlaster »

That's some lengthy exchange of words, let's clear things up.

Well, I don't want to touch ammo for practical reasons - maybe it's not realistic, but this is something I want to keep relatively in corelation with vanilla doom handling of things (that's why I won't add another ammo type for pistol, because that literally forces you to use it in case you run out of bullets for the rest, that's ridiculous - I'd rather make it obsolete instead like in stock doom.), and while you probably could refill your chrome with map-placed shell pickups just fine - I'd rather have both to be aviable in terms of ammo via shotgun guy drops. It might sound weird when I kind of bent the rules elsewhere (Nutter and Throttle being prime example, where the BFG-Plasma relation was completely flipped over, where the plasma equivalent is for general crowd control, while the other is for line-up crowd control... and mildly-effective BFG weapon), but that's just how I want it to be. However! Just because that's how I want it to keep, it doesn't mean those are good ideas, so I might revise it a little, and indeed give the Nutter and Throttle some better handling.

I have a big no-no towards pistol ammo idea for aforementioned reason. I did consider the idea with the chrome to have its separate ammo before, but I think I'll stick with my idea on the thing. I don't get the reasoning with the constant blasting on the torches - it's just bad luck and bad aim problem. Still, I'll probably add some small explosive damage to the Throttle bullets but decrease their impact damage, and add some scatterblast to the nutter by default, so when you shoot at the floor, that should cover the room just fine (the fact you'll send yourself flying afterwards should cover the balance part).
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

Skulltrottle and Nutcracker do not need to be changed.

Another reason why I thought the pistol should have its own ammo is because it's been with Malcom for years, no? It's been with him through thick and through thin, and it would be nice for players to use it more.

Would you at least be able to make a mutator for the changes I suggested? I don't have the ability to make patches yet...
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

TOO LATE, I AM HAVING TOO MUCH FUN SHOOTING THAT NOW. [overpower intensifies]

Otherwise, still nope. I don't see it as a reason to do so, as it's his trusted backup weapon for years, if I really have to make it that specific. As in, in case he doesn't have anything else at his disposal.

And I did have an approach to do so, but too much trouble compared to the gain - would require to draw another set of ammo pickups, find a sound, rig it in... and goddamn me if I really want to add another variation of the same weapon and maintain it onward in case of changes. It's already annoying by having slightly changed duplicates for Hexen counterparts, and would cause additional weirdness in case of give all. Guess it's only cheater's fault, but still.
PillowBlaster

Re: [Release] The Trailblazer (1.2c)

Post by PillowBlaster »

Le double post, because update. Gewt it hier!

Changelog is tiny, but it has fun highlights.
Spoiler:
The alt link is not updated yet, as I have had lost my FTP client, and I am too worn out to get it again now, so I just asked Zhs2 to do so in a spare moment.

EDIT: Also did a ninja-fix for FMG, as silly visual bug was happening with the machete toss while being in sights mode.
Cryomundus

Post by Cryomundus »

dangit I can never seem to get anything to download off of box. Dunno why, clicking on it does nothing and right click shows nothing either. Time to wait, I suppose.

I do love the fact that you made throwing the macheterang a seperate button now, that thing is so damn useful if you can nab a berserk. Looking forward to being able to test this out.
BoneofMalkav
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by BoneofMalkav »

Cryomundus wrote:dangit I can never seem to get anything to download off of box. Dunno why, clicking on it does nothing and right click shows nothing either. Time to wait, I suppose.

I do love the fact that you made throwing the macheterang a seperate button now, that thing is so damn useful if you can nab a berserk. Looking forward to being able to test this out.
Me neither, apparently the download button doesn't even work if you have a box account.
Zhs2
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support
Location: Maryland, USA, but probably also in someone's mod somewhere

Post by Zhs2 »

DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

Reporting a bug...

After you throw your Macheterang using the quick launch button, you can then press your Slot 1 key and pull out your Macheterang, even though it had already been deployed. If you press Alt-Fire while the other one is still out, then, well... now you have two Macheterangs flying about. You cannot, however, do this out of order. You must have another weapon and do the quick launch, THEN go to Slot 1 to pull out your Macheterang and press Alt-Fire to witness a time paradox.
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

It's good to know but you know since it's more like an unexpected advantage than a bug i hope it remains unchanged :lol:
Par9000

Post by Par9000 »

This update is kinda good, but better already publish new version of GunCaster...

But anyway.
Finally, bug with uzi got fixed ;D
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

I'm as impatient as you are, but we just gotta wait.

He said three to four weeks. It's only been two weeks and a couple of days. He wanted to see if he can get in some last minute changes before releasing.
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

Ugh, I was testing it through and through to specifically make that NOT happen. I''ll find a way to fix that, that's for sure, as it's a matter of honor.
Par9000 wrote:This update is kinda good, but better already publish new version of GunCaster...

But anyway.
I am still overtly touchy these days, so trust me, such remarks ain't doing anything good. It will be released, a promise is a promise. (Even if I do feel that wasn't the most well-thought of my decisions, but whatever.)

EDIT: Now that I think of it, I am kinda tempted to make the player able to pick up more than one machete, up to like five, and make him able to repeatedly toss them... retardedly awesome. Also, bugfix got adressed, just gotta figure out how do I connect to that place again, as box is unreliable piece of crap, so I'll have to count on the alternate link. I am open for hosting suggestions again.
Cryomundus

Post by Cryomundus »

PillowBlaster wrote:Ugh, I was testing it through and through to specifically make that NOT happen. I''ll find a way to fix that, that's for sure, as it's a matter of honor.
Par9000 wrote:This update is kinda good, but better already publish new version of GunCaster...

But anyway.
I am still overtly touchy these days, so trust me, such remarks ain't doing anything good. It will be released, a promise is a promise. (Even if I do feel that wasn't the most well-thought of my decisions, but whatever.)

EDIT: Now that I think of it, I am kinda tempted to make the player able to pick up more than one machete, up to like five, and make him able to repeatedly toss them... retardedly awesome. Also, bugfix got adressed, just gotta figure out how do I connect to that place again, as box is unreliable piece of crap, so I'll have to count on the alternate link. I am open for hosting suggestions again.
Dunno if it's been suggested before, but https://www.mediafire.com/ has been surprisingly good, so that might be an option.
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

I'll give it a shot, otherwise - links are updated. Changes in ze spoiler!
Spoiler:
EDIT: Moved stuff to mediafire, hopefully this will work better.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

indeed mediafire do a better file hosting jobs, well. unless it holds a lot of ads, not a popup ones.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”