Blink! ( aka styleport.wad )

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Arctangent

Blink! ( aka styleport.wad )

Post by Arctangent »

Something I whipped up real quick. Download here.

This "replaces" running / walking ( depending on your always run setting ) with a short-distance teleport that also renders you completely intangible to most projectiles shortly before, after, and during the movement. You can angle the teleport with the movement keys, and as alternatives to move up and down you can use jump and crouch, respectively. Pressing nothing but the run key will teleport you in place.

You can do it as much as you want, at any time; the only limitation is a short less-than-a-second cooldown between blinks.

I'm thinking of expanding this somehow, but I've not quite decided.

Some tips:
  • Teleporting in place is a good way to avoid otherwise unavoidable damage without messing up your positioning. If you're sent flying through the air, you can also use it to get your bearings for a few tics before continuing on.
  • You regain your velocity from before the blink once it's finished. This means you can combine a blink with a rocket jump to reach truly ridiculous heights.
Teleport sound taken from Xaser's Psychic, albieit I know that sound's from DMC anyway. :P
Big C

Re: Blink! ( aka styleport.wad )

Post by Big C »

So this is basically a Nightcrawler mod? Awesome. :P
comet1337_old

Re: Blink! ( aka styleport.wad )

Post by comet1337_old »

this is pretty damn sweet for how simple it is, you definately could expand on this
and by could i mean should
functionally flawless too

Return to “Gameplay Mods”