[PARTY HARD] Super Doom

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
NAMBLACO

[PARTY HARD] Super Doom

Post by NAMBLACO »

Super Doom is a gameplay mod that I've been working on for the past year (by working I mean abandoning and restarting). The idea behind the mod is to tweak the main game without making tremendous changes, every weapon is just about as useful (with the exception being the pistol) and every monster is just as hard (with the exception being the zombiemen) as they would be in vanilla.
nah i just wanna make a mod with a arcade-y feel

Changes from vanilla
Spoiler:
Updates--------------------------------------------------

12-21-14
  • revamped Revenant, Pinky, and Cacodemon
    added Brutal Doom style gun flares
    improved rocket effects
    added more particles in general
    polished up some of the AI
    added a heat counter for the BFG (can't fire above 80)
    added more sounds
    revamped the chainsaw
    improved the effects on imp's fireballs
    various tweaks
12-16-14
  • released

Downlads------------------------------------------------ Screenshots:
Spoiler:
Credits:
Spoiler:

any criticism, espessially on how to make the balance more 'vanilla' would be greatly appreciated
Last edited by NAMBLACO on Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:20 pm, edited 9 times in total.
FireHusky

Re: Super Doom - Beta

Post by FireHusky »

I'm curious to see what you would do with all the enemies' special attacks! So far, the BFG9000 is broken when you hold the fire button down (CHKCHKCHKCHK) and then the chaingun is disorienting/nauseating to use. The rocket launcher was pretty awesome for rocket-jumping, so I used it to leap into the boss brain while crouched :P
I also noticed that the bullets don't produce the blood actor or is it intended? Good luck on your project.
NAMBLACO

Re: Super Doom - Beta

Post by NAMBLACO »

finally, a reply!
FireHusky wrote:I'm curious to see what you would do with all the enemies' special attacks! So far, the BFG9000 is broken when you hold the fire button down (CHKCHKCHKCHK) and then the chaingun is disorienting/nauseating to use. The rocket launcher was pretty awesome for rocket-jumping, so I used it to leap into the boss brain while crouched :P
I also noticed that the bullets don't produce the blood actor or is it intended? Good luck on your project.
1.The BFG is like that intentionally so you have time to aim your shot carefully, but I should probably change the sound/visuals.
2.I'll lower the recoil on the chaingun
3.I don't really know what I'm going to do with the enemys yet, but I want to give the revenant some kind of melee combo attack

EDIT: also, the projectiles not having +BLOODSPLATTER was a oversight on my part
NAMBLACO

Re: [ALPHA RELEASED] Super Doom

Post by NAMBLACO »

Alpha Beta goddammit is out!
Last edited by NAMBLACO on Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NAMBLACO

Post by NAMBLACO »

SURPRISE
THIS PROJECT AIN'T DEAD YET

the new update is going to be HUGE, it's going to include more vanilla style balance, wayyyy better effects, and revamps of all the bosses, including the Icon of Sin

Screenshots:
Spoiler:
havok2000

Post by havok2000 »

This looks awesome from what I'm seeing! Needs some work here and there, and I think you should add a few custom textures for guns, but other than that, cool stuff! :)
NAMBLACO

Post by NAMBLACO »

This looks awesome from what I'm seeing! Needs some work here and there, and I think you should add a few custom textures for guns, but other than that, cool stuff! :)
I'm not good at making/editing sprites, but I'll see what I can do
havok2000

Post by havok2000 »

NAMBLACO wrote:
I'm not good at making/editing sprites, but I'll see what I can do
Cool! I look forward to seeing what you can do! :)
Rustygold

Re: [WIP] Super Doom

Post by Rustygold »

Man I really hope you get done with this! P.S. I think the pistol should be semi auto with 85% accuracy rating.
NAMBLACO

Re: [WIP] Super Doom

Post by NAMBLACO »

Man I really hope you get done with this! P.S. I think the pistol should be semi auto with 85% accuracy rating.
funny you say that, because the pistol now has a more accurate semi-auto mode along with the burst fire mode
NAMBLACO

Re: [BETALPHA OR SOMETHING TEST VERSION] Super Doom

Post by NAMBLACO »

I'm making a ridiculous number of changes so i wanna see what anyone thinks of this super rough test version: http://www.mediafire.com/download/jn506 ... -17-15.zip

a quick changelog:
+kicking
+dashing(kick while dashing for extra damage)
+sexy effects
+cyberdemon and spidermastermind replacements
+super unbalanced icon of sin replacement
+updated credits
+other shit you probably don't care about
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

This mod was pretty cool when I tried it out, I'll have to try the new version.
NAMBLACO

Post by NAMBLACO »

does anybody still remember this thread?
heres the helmet hud i'm working on, does anybody have any suggestions?
also, i'm probally going to rename this mod something more exiting like Sinister Doom or Inevitable Doom because it hasn't been getting that much attention which may be because of its ultra-generic name
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

that helmet hud would pretty blocks the vision to make the gameplay uncomfortable, just like what doom alpha featured and showed about it.

about the fixes, make those grey bits smaller or barely transparent them, maybe?
Crudux Cruo

Post by Crudux Cruo »

So this mod is actually pretty neat, but as far as a vanilla weapon set, the balance is totally whacked. that aside, i do like this concept and its pretty neat regardless.

balance review
Spoiler:
Enjoying this though, thanks for doing this!

Return to “Gameplay Mods”