[Justamod] Shut up and Bleed. (Now in V0.4 flavor)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
iSpook

Re: [Project port] Shut up and Bleed.

Post by iSpook »

Ed the Bat wrote:"Wonky"? I'm genuinely curious to know more, because this method you're using has its fair share of problems. For example, if a new monster is too big to fit, the spawn fails. Also, if the monster being replaced is supposed to have a TID, the new monster will not. Both of these things have broken maps while I was trying to play.

It's a bit of a moot point, seeing how I'm probably not going to go through with it now, but back when I was working on the Mush... the game kept crashing with a fatal error when I had added it's randomspawner and booted up the game with -nomonsters. (Although admittedly it was probably something else doing it), and changing to that system seemed to fix it, so I just used that system for every monster.
Ed the Bat
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Ed the Bat »

Hm. Say, I don't suppose you have this project up on GitHub? More and more, I'm thinking I may wish to maintain a fork of my own, mainly for newer ZDoom features. Assuming that would be okay with you and chronoteeth, of course. I could do it manually if GitHub is beyond scope, but I figured having it would help streamline things a little.
iSpook

Post by iSpook »

Ed the Bat wrote:Hm. Say, I don't suppose you have this project up on GitHub? More and more, I'm thinking I may wish to maintain a fork of my own, mainly for newer ZDoom features. Assuming that would be okay with you and chronoteeth, of course. I could do it manually if GitHub is beyond scope, but I figured having it would help streamline things a little.

I do not have it on Github, because I am fairly incompetent when it comes to stuff like Github, unfortunately.
Ed the Bat

Post by Ed the Bat »

Haha, you're not alone. I took a few days to figure out how to use it (and I'm still not aware of all of its features, I'm sure). Before that, it was absolute Greek to me. So, don't worry. Just thought I'd ask.

Is the idea of forking it still okay with you? My intent would be to take advantage of fuller, newer engine features without altering gameplay. I'd make efforts to keep up with balance/gameplay changes from your end.
iSpook

Post by iSpook »

Sure, but uh, let me Pm you about that first.
TerminusEst13

Post by TerminusEst13 »

Ed the Bat wrote:
TerminusEst13 wrote:2.0 isn't actually released. It's only in an alpha state.
According to this, public beta has been available for a full year (minus nine days). But, alright.
It's still not an actual release, though.
Fiddling about with beta/alpha/development builds is great for the ZDoom crowd since there's no major need for keeping everyone's builds up to date perfectly in-line with everyone else, but in Zandronum there's a much more sizable netplay userbase so everyone's builds needs to be the same so they can go to and fro from server to server without issue. So only a small subset uses the alpha/beta builds, and even then it's mostly for the purposes of testing rather than actual play.
Having to download and install a new build, replacing your previous build, for the sake of one single server isn't going to convince a lot of people to play a mod when there's at least 200 other servers offering other mods that don't need a new build.

Basically what I'm saying is that there's nothing keeping anyone from making it specifically to 2.0, but that's guaranteed to slash the amount of "people who will actually play the mod" to a fraction of before, haha.
Though, talking to the devs, they really want to get 2.0 out the door into an actual release, so tomorrow this might be completely irrelevant. :D
Ed the Bat

Post by Ed the Bat »

I've never been a fan of playing with strangers, so online multiplayer isn't my thing. All I can say is that, if I were me, keeping up with the newest build should and would be top priority. Anyone running an old version is simply begging to be dismissed or left in the dust. New builds come out for a reason; to improve upon and replace the old builds. Granted, sometimes errors crop up because an update went awry, but that's another whole can of worms.

Still, it's beyond me. Zandronum offers me nothing. But that's just me. I know well enough not to try to speak for anybody else.
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

GitHub would be a cool idea, the Immoral Conduct project has been doing well with that approach. Then you could have a faithful 1:1 port and a more heavily modified version that uses more of GzDoom's features and such.
Ed the Bat

Post by Ed the Bat »

That's the exact idea. But it can still be done without GitHub. Just means more manual comparing and checking. No big deal.
iSpook

Post by iSpook »

What Ed said. My memory is so horrible these days, I rather not risk fucking something up due to it.

Something a bit more on track, though:

Have a screencap.
iSpook

Post by iSpook »

OH, new version is up, including two new weapons, Download link is in the first post.
Ed the Bat

Post by Ed the Bat »

The Credits List wrote:Ed the mouse (Coding help)
:p
There's already a mouse in this community, whose legacy and prowess I could surely never live up to.
iSpook

Post by iSpook »

Ed the Bat wrote:
The Credits List wrote:Ed the mouse (Coding help)
:p
There's already a mouse in this community, whose legacy and prowess I could surely never live up to.
Ahahaha... whoops. This is what you get for doing things when tired. Fixed

Also you might want to redownload, accidently forgot a_bossdeath for the Malbouge SOF and Gran. enemies when I removed the spawners from the mod. WHOOPS.
Ed the Bat

Post by Ed the Bat »

Ah, you're not the only one. I'm frequently mistaken for this guy, apparently.
iSpook

Post by iSpook »

Well your avatar sorta looks like some Chinese bootleg equivalent of Jerry. :P

Return to “Gameplay Mods”