Your Name: Lieutenant John Doom. Your Mission:

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Echelon5

Re: Johnny Doom - wooo watch this video

Post by Echelon5 »

I brought this up before but just so it didn't get forgotten or lost in the shuffle: please have it so that we can use default monster counts. In regular BDJ, no matter what difficulty level you choose, it uses UV level monster placements. I mean if that's what you want, it's your mod of course, but it'd be great for people like me.
Slax
... in rememberance ...

Post by Slax »

Monster spawn multiplier would be nice too.
Last edited by Slax on Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
affemaria

Post by affemaria »

That reminded me of something. Will Doomguy get a nice green pair of pants?
TheBarge

Post by TheBarge »

A while back i sent Johnny some spritework and some other little things that might be of interest and helped with some stuff. He said he'd look into what i had-that was also including some green legs and some weapon related things so im hoping he uses all of that!
affemaria

Post by affemaria »

TheBarge wrote:A while back i sent Johnny some spritework and some other little things that might be of interest and helped with some stuff. He said he'd look into what i had-that was also including some green legs and some weapon related things so im hoping he uses all of that!
Cool! Thanks for answering me, Barge.
affemaria

Post by affemaria »

I'm eager to see the new bestiary! I already liked the new monsters and the additional abilities of the vanilla ones.
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

In BDJ20 there are two spots in blood.dec where the fadeout is zero point ell instead of zero point one.
soundtea

Post by soundtea »

Vaecrius wrote:In BDJ20 there are two spots in blood.dec where the fadeout is zero point ell instead of zero point one.
That's because the original Brutal Doom v20b has that error, along with all derivatives. It's just that zdoom never tossed up an error about it until recent SVNs. Had to open it up in SLADE and manually change it to get it to run on recent versions.
Rowsol

Post by Rowsol »

No shit, he's just stating the issue for Johnny.

I'm patiently waiting for this update to go live.
soundtea

Post by soundtea »

Rowsol wrote:No shit, he's just stating the issue for Johnny.

I'm patiently waiting for this update to go live.
Just trying to get the reason out there since none of the Brutal Doom derivatives i've seen have ever patched it even up to this day. Was wondering what SVN version started catching that error.
Matt
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

Might've happened before, I have this vague recollection of having encountered this error with some version of BD or other, but that could just be my mind playing tricks on me.

Anyway, this mod is wonderful and feels like it is on the brink of filling an emptiness I never before knew was even there in my Dooming experience.

Would be nice for an actual fist weapon to switch to so we don't need to bind extra melee keys though...
Silentdarkness12

Post by Silentdarkness12 »

Vaecrius wrote:Would be nice for an actual fist weapon to switch to so we don't need to bind extra melee keys though...
Honestly, I like having a quick key to handle the punching. Lets me move the key-bind to a much more WASD-advantageous position instead of 1 : P
Matt

Post by Matt »

I would think 1 would be more WASD-friendly than ESDF-friendly!

also LOL @ in the middle of a firefight, hearing "FUCKIN' WINDOWS 98!!! ::blam blam blam blam blam::" ... brings back memories!
Silentdarkness12

Post by Silentdarkness12 »

Not really. My finger would have to go all the way over to 1 and then i'd have to hit fire a bunch. Instead, now I just put the W finger on the Q. : P
Cyanide
Spotlight Team

Post by Cyanide »

Silentdarkness12 wrote:Not really. My finger would have to go all the way over to 1 and then i'd have to hit fire a bunch. Instead, now I just put the W finger on the Q. : P
Your "W finger"? Really? Isn't using your "A finger" more comfortable?

Return to “Gameplay Mods”