Star Trek TC

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Tormentor667

Re: Star Trek TC

Post by Tormentor667 »

Wow!!!
Wiw
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Wiw »

Looking at those screenshots gives me the feeling of the 60's as being told by the early 90's. I love it!!
taufan99

Post by taufan99 »

Holy cow! :shock:
Can't wait to play this! :)
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

hope any sound effects can be like original yet clean!
AFADoomer

Post by AFADoomer »

Not much progress lately... Working on fleshing out Deck 6, and modeled sickbay recovery beds, monitors, and a few other things. The closet units in the living quarters rotate when used.

Sickbay Recovery Area
Quarters
Brig/Security Section
Impulse Engineering

(Click for full-sized screenshots)
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

looking still macrocosmically great so far, btw is those textures will be improved when it's finished? because some of textures are too mild and clean.
AFADoomer

Post by AFADoomer »

Captain J wrote:looking still macrocosmically great so far, btw is those textures will be improved when it's finished? because some of textures are too mild and clean.
Thanks!

Which ones specifically do you think are top clean? Everything has some sort of texture to it, but some of it you can't see unless you are up close... I'm trying to match the aesthetic of the series, so a lot of the walls depend on the colored lighting for interest, instead of being visually interesting themselves.

I may scale the carpet textures up slightly; I redid those a while ago, and the detail is so fine that it all bleeds together now and looks too smooth.

For the models, they will almost all likely get a second pass of editing. All of the shading is being added manually, with assistance from an old program that generates baked shading. The engineering "energizer" model that you can see in my last picture was one of the first new models that I did for this TC, so my technique was 10 years out of practice. It looks very grey-blob-like from certain angles, and is missing some key details, so will definitely be reworked.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

AFADoomer wrote:Which ones specifically do you think are top clean? Everything has some sort of texture to it, but some of it you can't see unless you are up close... I'm trying to match the aesthetic of the series, so a lot of the walls depend on the colored lighting for interest, instead of being visually interesting themselves.
about textures, mostly all of them, including the phaser. but except the hand though, it already have well shaded texture onto it.
Wiw
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Wiw »

AFADoomer wrote:Most of the models and textures in the TC are mine... Either done recently from scratch or redone from models I did around 10 years ago for the Argas Effect mod for Elite Force.
Ah man, I remember that. When will they get round to releasing Act 2?!
Galaxy_Stranger

Post by Galaxy_Stranger »

I originally had the idea of using actual screenshots for certain textures - like the walls. If you just take a screenshot and sample the color - it doesn't look right. There needs to be texture. I never got that far with it, but the idea was to take an entire chunk of neutral area of a wall and then use that for all the walls. The same thing could be done for a few odds and ends.

Looking wunderbar.
wdaughtrey2011

Post by wdaughtrey2011 »

Nice work on your star trek tc mod brilliant i love the klingon d7 interiors you made for it as well awsome work,is there a way you could post a demo of it for all of us to try at least to hold us over until its finished.
wdaughtrey2011

Post by wdaughtrey2011 »

Nice work partner One thing I would like to suggest thats not seen on any tos engineering map I think it would look cool if you could add the matter antimatter dilithium crystal articulation frame to the center reactor.The yellow shining thing that can pop up from the top of the matter antimatter integrator.I think it would be a nice addition to engineering and it kinda brings more of a real tos feel to it scotty actually did this on a few tos episodes.Also I hope that this mod gets released I saw some other ones that were just shown but never released which is sad Good work partner.
wdaughtrey2011

Post by wdaughtrey2011 »

Is this mod dead or something I havent seen any new posts about it for a while now whats up.
Galaxy_Stranger

Post by Galaxy_Stranger »

Relax.
I'm not sure if/when this will be released...
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

i think waiting 'til something happens would be a great idea to keep the thread safe and keep us expecting, bumping the thread multiple times is kinda not welcome along with bumping the month or year old thread.

so no more obsession please, it doesn't works no matter how...and hey, he actually replied you. but you got the point.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”