[WIP] The Ultimate Doom II : Doom II levels Reimagined

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Gardevoir

[WIP] The Ultimate Doom II : Doom II levels Reimagined

Post by Gardevoir »

It is time to return to the fray and battle for the Earth!

Grab yer boomsticks everyone, because Doomguy is back for more in this Ultimate Remake of Doom II!

This mappack for Doom II currently contains 23 levels! (and still gets expanded)

Let your journey to the hell and back begin, once again!

[DOWNLOAD]

Also a note for everyone playing with gameplay mods because I still see people having trouble with this!
This wad uses SS Nazi replacements as a new enemy made in dehacked. If you can't wait for me to make a 'dehacked-free' version of the wad which I'd release after the entire thing's complete so that it works flawlessly with any gameplay mods, the best way to workaround enemies with glitchy graphics is to open the wad file and remove the Dehacked file inside of it entirely, alongside the new SS Nazi sprites. If any glitches still occur, I'm afraid I cannot help with that. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Last edited by Gardevoir on Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:47 pm, edited 37 times in total.
Amuscaria

Re: [WIP] The Ultimate Doom II - First Cluster Demo Released

Post by Amuscaria »

Just played thru the first 4 maps. All seems pretty darn nice and solid. I'm not sure if I was supposed to be jumping here, since that's how I reached some of the secrets. Everything looks good though. Definitely a nice touch to make the maps look like they're connected art the ext=>entry rather than mysteriously teleporting to the next map area. Looking forward to moar.
Nevander

Post by Nevander »

OMG. If you can complete the full game in this way, I may be looking at the best megawad I have ever seen. Dude, you just... just dude. Like speechless right now. :wub:
Judge

Post by Judge »

Wow, as of this current viewing -- 473 views and only 2 comments? For real?

This is pretty awesome, definitely enjoyable. If this is just the demo version, I look forward to the whole thing.
PFL

Post by PFL »

Well this beats my ass. I couldn't resist as to go blind into it with a 6AXIS addon and it delivers. Total. We have seen Doom2 in a tiny box but this time it's Doom2 in a MEGA box. 488 monsters on the Waste Tunnels !!!! I am starting the last one of the demo ... OMG! what's waiting for me down there :shock: Your combination of new and redesigned known areas is amazing. I hope you can keep on adding levels into this one; it's a winner.

One last IMPORTANT thing: you are using a name that already has a Megawad attached to it; http://justindoom.angelfire.com/. Might want to consider this for further unnecessary confusion :yup:
Steve1664

Post by Steve1664 »

Great job with the new maps so far, although the increased number of enemies can get a little bit over the top at times. That part in map 2 where the zombies come out after getting the Red Key was not fun to deal with, especially without a chaingun. It's still a pretty good Yet Another Doom II Remake once you get used to the higher bodycount.
Ribo Zurai

Post by Ribo Zurai »

Awesome maps, I need some more of this. Can't wait for the release.
Nevander

Post by Nevander »

PFL wrote:One last IMPORTANT thing: you are using a name that already has a Megawad attached to it; http://justindoom.angelfire.com/. Might want to consider this for further unnecessary confusion :yup:
This kind of thing is extremely frustrating. I was in that exact same situation a while ago, trying to come up with a megawad name and thinking of some really awesome ones but then Googling them only to see they are taken. Finally found a good one though.
Gardevoir

Post by Gardevoir »

Thanks for all the feedback guys, glad you're enjoying the wad! After I am done with some other projects, I'll be posting more progress on upcoming levels. About MAP02, yeah, I kinda overdo the amount of monsters in that level (or rather, it becomes quite intense if you cannot find the early SSG secret, and it isn't an easy thing to earn anyway). I might reduce the amount of monsters on that level. When it comes to the wad's name, all I checked was Idgames archive, and I did not find a wad with a similar name there, so I guess I won't be changing the name of it (not to mention I like it a lot).
Doomguy5th

Post by Doomguy5th »

Gardevoir wrote:Thanks for all the feedback guys, glad you're enjoying the wad! After I am done with some other projects, I'll be posting more progress on upcoming levels. About MAP02, yeah, I kinda overdo the amount of monsters in that level (or rather, it becomes quite intense if you cannot find the early SSG secret, and it isn't an easy thing to earn anyway). I might reduce the amount of monsters on that level. When it comes to the wad's name, all I checked was Idgames archive, and I did not find a wad with a similar name there, so I guess I won't be changing the name of it (not to mention I like it a lot).
No! I must thank you! I haven't been seeing that many Doom 2 Level remakes, but this one got my eye. I wish there was a TNT Evilution Remake, though. Still, the architecture is good, the levels are big as heck (and I love that), and everything flows by really well.
You did such a good job, and I blame you for making me drop my Homework (what?). This is really cool, and I would love to see lots of updates and new maps. I love it. That's all I have to say about this.
Gardevoir

Post by Gardevoir »

Yo everyone, finally got some time and managed to complete MAP08! As a small bonus, here's preview of the starting area on MAP09!
Spoiler: MAP08 Screenies
Spoiler: MAP09 Screenies
Next cluster will be released after I complete MAP11 probably!
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

Looking good :D

I'm looking forward to play them :)
Nevander

Post by Nevander »

I'm gonna love the hell out of this when it's done. I love what I'm seeing now! The fun part is looking at the screenshots and figuring out where that is from the original level, and then having that "oh yeaaa, I see what you did there!" moment. Amazing work so far man.
Kontra Kommando

Post by Kontra Kommando »

I tried this out with vanilla doom, and my aliens mod. I like the way you have fleshed out the Doom II maps. I particularly like Map02; those corridors are very well made.
MetroidJunkie

Post by MetroidJunkie »

I love all the detail enhancement you've got about, it very much reminds me of Knee Deep in ZDoom.

Return to “Levels”