WolfenDoom Chronicles

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
DeathIncarnate

WolfenDoom Chronicles

Post by DeathIncarnate »

I'm currently working on a WolfenDoom project that hopefully resembles some of Laz Rojas' WolfenDoom missions. It won't be full 32-level maps, but rather episodic releases, or stand-alone missions. Some may be only a level long, or maybe even 2 or more. Some may be remakes of Wolf3d maps. Features include:

* New HUD (including score counter)
* Scripted events (depending on the nature of the map)
* Very hard boss battles (who have their own health bars)
* Portable Health

I intend to let players access secret levels if they score high enough, or collect every treasure item, kill every enemy and find every secret in a particular level (contemplating adding a kill, treasure and secret counter on the HUD).

Here is what I've done so far:
Average

Re: WolfenDoom Chronicles

Post by Average »

I like the idea of unlocking secret levels with score or treasure. It's a different take from the usual find the secret exit mechanic. Good luck!
Sgt. Shivers

Post by Sgt. Shivers »

Looking very nice, I love wolfendoom stuff so I'll be keeping an eye out for this!
Caleb26

Post by Caleb26 »

Great we need more wads like these. I've made two Wolfendoom megawads myself - Spear Revisited Remake and Spear of Destiny : The Lost Episodes.(GZDOOM)
Xim

Post by Xim »

Looks and sounds like it'd be cool. I'll be keeping an eye on this.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Looking forward to this!
DeathIncarnate

Post by DeathIncarnate »

Thanks. Here are a few screenshots from my first map: SS Headquarters

SS HQ Entrance
Spoiler:
Main Hall
Spoiler:
Lunch
Spoiler:
Barracks
Spoiler:
Boss Area
Spoiler:
And here's the link:
http://www.gamefront.com/files/24554134 ... -ss_hq.zip

At the moment, I'm currently working on my second map: Totenkampf.
Unlike SS Headquarters, it's a classic run-n-gun level, and sort of a remake of Wolf2Map1.

SS Headquarters is not really objective based, even though the level opens up with text describing what should be done. Also it was rather linear.
Last edited by DeathIncarnate on Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Woolie Wool
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Arch Linux, Windows 11
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Woolie Wool »

I'd strongly suggest doubling the height of the player and all monsters. As usual with "WolfenDoom" mods the scale of the maps is completely at odds with the scale of the actors and the result is that the player and the Nazis seem like tiny midgets. A Nazi should be around 3/4 the height of a typical corridor (so the ceiling appears to be around 8 feet high).
Xim

Post by Xim »

Woolie Wool wrote:I'd strongly suggest doubling the height of the player and all monsters. As usual with "WolfenDoom" mods the scale of the maps is completely at odds with the scale of the actors and the result is that the player and the Nazis seem like tiny midgets. A Nazi should be around 3/4 the height of a typical corridor (so the ceiling appears to be around 8 feet high).
He does have a point. Look at the lunch room doors, they are HUGE compared the the actors. But otherwise your level design is great.
armymen12002003
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by armymen12002003 »

Nice job with this.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

The lighting is very flat in most of the shots, this could definitely improved.
ArmanAhmadi

Post by ArmanAhmadi »

It looks great, and so does the atmosphere. Looking forward to this. :o
DeathIncarnate

Post by DeathIncarnate »

Tormentor667 wrote:The lighting is very flat in most of the shots, this could definitely improved.
Woolie Wool wrote:I'd strongly suggest doubling the height of the player and all monsters. As usual with "WolfenDoom" mods the scale of the maps is completely at odds with the scale of the actors and the result is that the player and the Nazis seem like tiny midgets. A Nazi should be around 3/4 the height of a typical corridor (so the ceiling appears to be around 8 feet high).
Thanks, I'll take detailed lighting and actor scaling into consideration for my future maps.
Also, note that the link to my first map (SS Headquarters) has been provided above. It is a beta version, even though I forgot to specify this in the game. If all goes well, I would like to include the map (more detailed) in a "mission pack", if you want to call it that. :wink:
Sgt. Shivers

Post by Sgt. Shivers »

If I recall correctly GameFront blocks downloads to most countries outside of the US, so it would be nice if you could rehost the map somewhere.
Also, I don't think you'd need to scale the actors too much. As long as you map accodingly and lower the player viewheight by a bit you should be okay.
Other than that this is looking very fun!
RastaManGames

Post by RastaManGames »

I want of remake original wolfen doom missons! ^_^

Return to “Levels”