[ON HOLD] Bumi: Real-Time Day/Night & Weather

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
DOOMERO-21

Re: [WIP] Real-time day/night and weather engine

Post by DOOMERO-21 »

Nice map and effects.
RikohZX

Post by RikohZX »

Here's hoping the suggestions you made and the possibility of custom shaders are added one day, because you've already done a pretty damn amazing amount of work with what's there already, Nash. But at this point i'm just a parrot.
I'm not entirely sure on the legal factors involving the source, but keeping people from trying to use it for money or projects being open source doesn't sound too harsh, albeit the latter might drive certain mappers out there awry. That's just a guess, though.
skornedemon

Post by skornedemon »

Where are the rain sprites from?
Nash

Post by Nash »

skornedemon: I drew them myself.
noonecares

Post by noonecares »

Stormblade wrote:Hallelujah!
OUR ENGINE IS BETTER! NYAH NYAH! Build Engine users suck on it! Doom engine kicks some serious ass still and this right here is proof!
Man wtf, I had a bad day already, I don't need your help.. Oh well.. BUILD ENGINES ARE DA BEST, U CANT DENY DAT! May you be haunted by fatal errors 'til you start playing CoD from depression! :twisted: Ok now I feel better
Enker

Post by Enker »

[HYPE INTENSIFIES]
Peanut

Post by Peanut »

That flashlight, how does it work?
Nash

Post by Nash »

The flashlight is done by firing a limited-range hitscan using [wiki]LineAttack[/wiki] every tic in ACS. Attach a dynamic light to the puff of the hitscan and boom, cheap/crappy looking flashlights in GZDoom. XD
Hoodlook

Post by Hoodlook »

Looks amazing. This is probably what I've been looking for(real-time realistic lighting in GZDoom). Also, it's really awesome how you implimented unique clouds, geo-colliding rain, calender system(moon phases etc) and of course the real time lighting!!
Can't wait for the release!
Last edited by Hoodlook on Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hoodlook

Post by Hoodlook »

Nash wrote:The flashlight is done by firing a limited-range hitscan using [wiki]LineAttack[/wiki] every tic in ACS. Attach a dynamic light to the puff of the hitscan and boom, cheap/crappy looking flashlights in GZDoom. XD
I'm sure you would be able to use SidDoyle's dd_flashlight mod. It was made to be used with his Dark Doom mod but it works fine on it's own. Not to mention they look real nice.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Out of curiosity... is this aleady ready for release or using in one's own mods?
Nash

Post by Nash »

Before I release 1.0 (and the source) I still have these left to do:

- Fog and haze
- Seasons
- Snowing during winter and snow buildup textures (progressively coating outdoor textures with layers of snow)
- Stars in the sky

Haven't had much free time to sit down and finish these lately...
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Nash wrote: - Snowing during winter and snow buildup textures (progressively coating outdoor textures with layers of snow)
And melting again later on?
Nash

Post by Nash »

Actually... I'm not sure if I can actually make the snow transitional or if it will just be an instantaneous "flick" of textures. I haven't figured out the mechanics of making the textures fade between snowy and non-snowy... :S Haven't put much though into it yet to be honest, I just wanted to put snow-covered textures because Daggerfall had them...
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

I assumed you were going to do it by having a series of increasingly snowy looking textures (ready made in a graphics program rather than having ZDoom blend them somehow) that you would switch to in turn as the snow was falling. Melting would then be done by running the texture sequence in reverse if the sun comes out/it rains/whatever.

I suppose an extension of the snow building up idea is puddles forming when it rains.

Return to “Resources”