[Beta][Cool] \m/ ~={ DEMONSTEELE }=~ \m/ - 0.9 desu~

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Cryomundus

Re: [Beta][Cool] \m/ ~={ DEMONSTEELE }=~ \m/ - 0.74 NEAT STU

Post by Cryomundus »

Oh, another thing, how exactly do you use the charge attack with the freeze gun? I remember seeing it in the trailer, but I can't tell how I use that bit, none of the specials seem to work, and its not like triggering the Kamehameha.
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

speaking of guns, are they only available in Zandro, or is there a setting you can change so they spawn in Zdoom, too?
Cryomundus

Post by Cryomundus »

Viscra Maelstrom wrote:speaking of guns, are they only available in Zandro, or is there a setting you can change so they spawn in Zdoom, too?
There is, under options, there's an additional setting called Demonsteele options where you can toggle random spawning for the zand weapons, among other things.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

AvF5LKK.png
AvF5LKK.png (6.43 KiB) Viewed 914 times
looks like i just granted my wish by myself, also talking about the crosshair at the muzzle, only one is enough.
Last edited by Captain J on Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
TerminusEst13

Post by TerminusEst13 »

Cryomundus wrote:Oh, another thing, how exactly do you use the charge attack with the freeze gun? I remember seeing it in the trailer, but I can't tell how I use that bit, none of the specials seem to work, and its not like triggering the Kamehameha.
Hold down the alt-fire to charge it up. Same thing with Legion, to stack multiple to throw all at once.
fukenciojones

Post by fukenciojones »

this is byoutiful

its like if platinum made doom, its just perfect
Cryomundus

Post by Cryomundus »

TerminusEst13 wrote:
Cryomundus wrote:Oh, another thing, how exactly do you use the charge attack with the freeze gun? I remember seeing it in the trailer, but I can't tell how I use that bit, none of the specials seem to work, and its not like triggering the Kamehameha.
Hold down the alt-fire to charge it up. Same thing with Legion, to stack multiple to throw all at once.
Holding down alt-fire for the legion works(plays a sound and loads another knife), but not for the freeze gun (from the trailer I know its supposed to do a the metroid-esque charge). I just fire once, no charge animation, and then its back to the ready stance.
xenoxols
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by xenoxols »

I know that this has already been suggested, but you should really add combos. You could easily do it like your heretic melee experiment.
mumblemumble

Post by mumblemumble »

Love the mod, and congrats on the cacoward. I do want to mention something about the sheath, it seems that you cant change guns while using it until the sword is back in the sheath. This makes item juggling from guns to the sheath to block a giant pain. Also, are you ever planning to make combinations for the super moves? Perhaps starting with the projectile blades pause, then combining it with others for a sort of gesture combination for different effects?
fukenciojones

Post by fukenciojones »

Two thing i would like to ask

Will you add air combos like on devil may cry ? because right now you have a upslash that lifts the enemy but you cant do an aircombo because you just fall to the ground immedietly

also, a non-midi music pack maybe :3 ?
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

fukenciojones wrote:also, a non-midi music pack maybe :3 ?
possible, but that addon would have A LOT OF memories if every musics are full-soundtrack.
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

that depends on what the non-MIDI music pack would contain. if you're talking about actual MP3s or OGGs from bands like Megadeth, Slayer, Iron Maiden etc., then that's prooobably a no-no. you could scour the web for module metal music, maybe, but that could take a while. additionally, you could make a music pack yourself that fits with the mod's atmosphere. then you could take whatever music you wanted, provided you don't try to release it unless that'd be an okay thing to do.
ShiftyAxel

Post by ShiftyAxel »

Fantastic stuff. Character action is by far my favourite genre, and thoughts of such a mod for doom have been in my head for a while. That said, I never thought it would actually be feasible. Excellent work, Term!

I'm super impressed with the technical chops behind this. If you'd told me that you could do sick stuff like this back when I used to toy around with DECORATE, I'd have called you crazy. So crazy in fact, that it's convinced me to get back into the Doom modding scene after a 4+ year hiatus (anyone remember the Demonizer morph system mod from back in the day? No? Eh, tough crowd..)- I couldn't resist cracking open the PK3 to see how the magic works, and before long a copy of ACC had whisked it's way onto my drive and started out cranking out test builds.

I have to say though, the ACS code style therein is... unique. SlashingLikeAGaijin indeed :)
fukenciojones wrote:Will you add air combos like on devil may cry ? because right now you have a upslash that lifts the enemy but you cant do an aircombo because you just fall to the ground immedietly
So I heard you guys like air combos. It just so happens that I've put together a mod for the mod that might just scratch that itch. The pull requests are in the mail, but in the meantime here's a feature list and a modified PK3. Huzzah!

Demonsteele 0.74: Super Turbo Shifty Edition
Features and Whatnot
Spoiler:
Download
Demonsteele 0.74: Super Turbo Shifty Edition (Dropbox)
Last edited by ShiftyAxel on Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
TerminusEst13

Post by TerminusEst13 »

Cryomundus wrote:Holding down alt-fire for the legion works(plays a sound and loads another knife), but not for the freeze gun (from the trailer I know its supposed to do a the metroid-esque charge). I just fire once, no charge animation, and then its back to the ready stance.
I...have no clue what's going on with that, then. There's no logical reason as to why the charge shouldn't be working, especially if the Legion works. They use pretty much the exact same charging system. I've checked a few other people on the server and it's working fine for them, too, so whatever's happening...well, it's a mystery.
Sorry, mate.
xenoxols wrote:I know that this has already been suggested, but you should really add combos. You could easily do it like your heretic melee experiment.
The more I've played with dial-a-combo systems, like with Zen Dynamics and Space Pirate, and the times I worked with it in Ranger and the melee experiment, the less fond I am of it. I don't like the lack of control the player has.
I'm not outright saying "no", considering I might fiddle with them again and suddenly really like it, but don't expect to see it for a while.
mumblemumble wrote:Love the mod, and congrats on the cacoward. I do want to mention something about the sheath, it seems that you cant change guns while using it until the sword is back in the sheath. This makes item juggling from guns to the sheath to block a giant pain. Also, are you ever planning to make combinations for the super moves? Perhaps starting with the projectile blades pause, then combining it with others for a sort of gesture combination for different effects?
Thank you! And I'll be sure to fix that, thanks for bringing it up.
Also I'm not sure what you mean by combinations for super moves. Can you elaborate, please?
fukenciojones wrote:Will you add air combos like on devil may cry ? because right now you have a upslash that lifts the enemy but you cant do an aircombo because you just fall to the ground immedietly
also, a non-midi music pack maybe :3 ?
1: Maybe. As mentioned before, I'm really not that familiar with DMC. For something as intricate as air combos, I'll need to do a little bit more than just watching videos--I'll need to actually play the games and take note of how the mechanics work OH WAIT HOW COINCIDENTAL THEY'RE CURRENTLY ON STEAM SALE
2: A definite "hell no" here. The music pack is going to be expanded to about 300 or 350 songs next update. Even if I somehow become a compression god and make everything only 1mb .ogg files, that's still a massive hefty 300/350 megabytes. Not to mention the inherent problem in spreading about copyrighted music for free. For the existing .ogg songs I either got permission for them or they were already distributed for free--for hundreds of other songs, it's gonna be a slight more difficult.
Sorry, mate. Like Viscra said, the best option will probably be your own music pack.
Carbine Dioxide

Post by Carbine Dioxide »

I like DMC3 the best, so here is a video of Virgil's weapon movements. I have been trying to mock up some Judgement Cut graphics, but I can't, for the life of me, do it.
Spoiler:
That's just awesome. Shifty Axel.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”