High resolution sprites and textures

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Slax
... in rememberance ...

Re: High resolution sprites

Post by Slax »

Stylized (just to try it out) and indexed.
Peter Bark

Post by Peter Bark »

very might and magic-esque
Reactor

Post by Reactor »

Very nice pieces of work indeed :) you're doing very good!
I was wondering, all Doom 2 monsters will be re-created as hi-res? Once, thief666 tried it but failed...
Nevander

Post by Nevander »

Reactor wrote:Once, thief666 tried it but failed...
Yep. His work was good, but unfinished and much of it was un-vanilla-ish. If that's a word. I'm hoping OP can pull this off.
Hell, I'd be happy with just a high-res weapon sprite pack that I can use with any of my favorite WADs.
Reactor

Post by Reactor »

I still have some of thief666's sprites, and even if some of them were just smudged original resolution sprites, most of them were breath-takingly good, which even rival to Doom 3 zombie faces (my personal favourite was the Shotgun guy's scorched face and evil contemptous grin as he fires his weapon). What I meant to say is that I certainly hope the author will not run out of "fuel", and will actually re-create all Doom 2 monsters as he originally wanted to. :)
Reinchard2

Post by Reinchard2 »

For the last week I'm working on shotgun (for hud weapon and for shotgun guy). It's almost finished, but I have some troubles with his shape (original idle and reloading sprites don't correspond each other).
Reinchard2

Post by Reinchard2 »

Shotgun is the most difficult weapon to remade in my opinion. I spend month on them making 10 different versions of sawed-off, mossbergs, remmingtons, original dacota toy shotgun - and in every case the final look is very different from that sprite. Is definetely NOT picture of dacota toy - original art is hand drawn in my opinion. The most difficult part is of course the barrel and his strange shape. So for now I finally have his shape and working on texturing. Here's some render (there are some glitches, bad baking normals, and there are no wood and hands yet):

And ingame screen:

Reactor

Post by Reactor »

Excellent work! This project about hi-res sprites will really make gunfire out of a spark :) Just be sure you won't stop halfway...
Reinchard2

Post by Reinchard2 »

Still workin on proper material. For now I have this:
Take One

Post by Take One »

Very nice looking shotgun, so far. Is the pump supposed to be that square, though?

On the subject of the Imp, I think it's looking pretty good now, particularly with Slax's colour edit. My only problem with it (aside from high-res sprites always looking kind of unfitting anyway), is that it looks really shiny. I supposed that you could say that it just has leathery skin, but it looks more like it's covered in grease or something.
Slax
... in rememberance ...

Post by Slax »

Skin's tricky business. The in-game shots look pretty good but there's definitely a plasticy feel to our dear ol' imp.
Reinchard2

Post by Reinchard2 »

First attempt for Doomguy. I'm made his armor much darker, but I change it to have more original sprite feel. Few things are placeholders, like ammo pockets.

Nevander

Post by Nevander »

Looks good except the sides of his helmet need to be higher up more towards the middle of the helmet like the original sprite. He also needs that cloth or whatever wrapped around his right elbow. :wink:
Onslaught Six

Post by Onslaught Six »

Nevander wrote:Looks good except the sides of his helmet need to be higher up more towards the middle of the helmet like the original sprite. He also needs that cloth or whatever wrapped around his right elbow. :wink:
They're elbow pads.
Reinchard2

Post by Reinchard2 »

Yeah, I remember about that pads. Here's new shotgun:

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”