DooM the Tei-Tenga Incident NOT DEAD YET!

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
demo_the_man

Re: [Help wanted]DooM the tei-tenga incident

Post by demo_the_man »

fellowzdoomer wrote:I can reorganize the PK3 and do ACS/DECORATE codings, but I don't have skype. I have Facebook, ZDFPM (Private Message on here) and E-Mail. Plus beta test. Whaddya say?
sounds good, please PM me your email so I can send you all the files for it as it contains a massive amount of stuff that needs to be intergrated.
plus all the existing map work.
demo_the_man

Post by demo_the_man »

leileilol wrote:Most are done because 'beta's are betta' without understanding the ideas of the design and the aesthetic it tries to hit. and often young and inexperienced start these (millenials believe an older anything is a superior anything). It doesn't just affect this game too - Duke "astronaut man" Nukem 3D, Shadow "coolys game" Warrior and Un "skaarj fantasy rpg" real suffer this

if not, the experienced do them and then do a kickstarter for deviantart pictures and then throw it all out the window
It is true, that im relatively new to doom moding. I've worked hard to learn the skills needed to make maps. So what? I do like the ideas the doom bible has, and will be first
finishing the levels, second finishing the story, background lore , characters and voice acting. It is a hard thing to balance out what made doom so good, and what is needed for this project. Do I make the monsters weaker or stronger, how do I balance out how the gameplay feels and looks, but yet at its core its still doom.
I think it is perfectly possible to do, someone with a fresh take on the document, resources, and a good helping of software can do.
I personally take all the negative feedback to this project as a personal challenge to make me more determined to finish this mod, ive seen others mistakes on the other doom bible projects have made in the past, and hopefully avoid them. If it becomes a massive effort from multiple people, maybe the game doom may become what it could have been.
I don't think betas are better, and im attempting to take a story that could have been used in a RPG, and make it work in the Gzdoom source port. after the recent death of the mod Doom:evil unleashed, has made me more and more determined to finish this project.

-demo_the_man
leileilol
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by leileilol »

If I did a Doom Bible TC seriously I would start with Chocolate Doom and do a lot of things in C (not DEH) and get that backported to DOS.
jdredalert

Post by jdredalert »

But why can't he just take some ideas from the Bible (like the weapons or the story) and throw his own mod based on these? It's not like he's wanting to recreate the beta or the vanilla thing (i think, but who knows?).
demo_the_man

Post by demo_the_man »

exactly, what Im doing.
its not going to be a TC
Athel

Post by Athel »

Demo, sent ya my email. Check your. PMs if you havent done so already.

Something crashes when I run it in GZDoom 1.8.6. I guess the first matter if business is to get it to work fir 1.8.6 and up. I have a feeling it's with DECORATE, as running only the wads work (taking the space charater out of Light Machinegun.wad). I'll pm ya again if I fix it.
demo_the_man

Post by demo_the_man »

ive taken care of that, the versoin that you have is older, as ive added a lot more textures and things to the newer versoin. im emailing it to you as soon as I can get it all together.
RIPANDTEAR

Re: [WIP]DooM the tei-tenga incident

Post by RIPANDTEAR »

In the next download for the weapons you should add a new rifle using the 0.4 alpha with faster fire but low damage and small spread (weaker than all other guns but 2nd fastest fire rate and 3rd tightest spread), the supershotgun from doom2, and the chaingun from doom1(just for fun in the weapons only download),and add the bayonet instead of the fist using the 0.4 sprites. Does that sound good?
demo_the_man

Post by demo_the_man »

Im not using the 0.4 rifle, the bayonet is still wip, i may give each charicter a differnt mele anyway, the ssg will make an appearnce, the chaingun well, i was thinking kf making it a wolf the new order limited ammo turret/rip. Off mount weapon.
RIPANDTEAR

Post by RIPANDTEAR »

I understand not using the 0.4 rifle and the bayonet still a WIP, ssg I thought would be in the game, now about the chaingun. I read that you wanted a new sprite and using that for a machinegun. Why don't we just put the chaingun from doom1 in there instead. We could make it like the chaingun from doom evil unleashed before they got rid of it. I do like what your thinking about a turret mounted gun though so maybe that could be the new weapon with new sprites. Your game though so do what you want to do.
demo_the_man

Post by demo_the_man »

Im trying to stick with the source materiel, plus I personally prefer a SMG over a chaingun for this as it fits the astetic better.
Lancer1408

Post by Lancer1408 »

I'm looking so forward to this.
I used to work on Doom EU, yeah, the one that was originally started by Soda, and then continued (and now dead? I hope no) by hfc2x
I wish you the best of the lucks, and do your best work.
If necesary I can help.
Athel

Post by Athel »

Just a note, demo, the KDiZD stuff is placeholder...is it?
Marnetmar

Post by Marnetmar »

Lancer1408 wrote:I'm looking so forward to this.
I used to work on Doom EU, yeah, the one that was originally started by Soda, and then continued (and now dead? I hope no) by hfc2x
I wish you the best of the lucks, and do your best work.
If necesary I can help.
It's not dead :P
demo_the_man

Post by demo_the_man »

Just so people can know this, I am not competing with doom Eu, I wish them the best of luck with their project.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”