DooM the Tei-Tenga Incident NOT DEAD YET!

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
demo_the_man

DooM the Tei-Tenga Incident NOT DEAD YET!

Post by demo_the_man »

Doom the tei tenga incident is the only doom bible mod that has been constantly developed and gone quietly into the night.

"After the lunar insurrection in 2097, the Union Aerospace Corporation had taken over the UAAF, the main military arm of the former United Nations. As the UAC began to take more and more power, a science team at UAC Hq in luna city finally cracked faster than light travel. 40 years later, the UAC established two science outposts in the middle of deep space on a lifeless rock called Tei Tenga. Experiments that the UAC would rather keep quiet happened on that moon, with research and mining at the anomaly happening , things started to go wrong...... All hell had broken lose. Are one of four UAAF space marines in a tale of survival that takes them from tei-tenga, to hell, to the moon, and all over the known galaxy"

Whats new
-More episode 3 levels
-New Titlemap
-bugfixes
-New weapons
-Refinements of existing levels
-More work on E2
-Rocket and Grenade Fixes
-Shotgun fixes
-SMG fixes
-More effects
-Enemy fixes
-Cameras

Beta 4 download/moddb page
http://www.moddb.com/mods/doomthe-tei-t ... -beta-four
Last edited by demo_the_man on Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:15 pm, edited 123 times in total.
demo_the_man

Re: DooM the tei-tenga incident

Post by demo_the_man »

GAME PLAY VIDEO BANK!
Easier to get point across than screenshots
E3M1 gameplay
Spoiler:
E1M8 Walkthrough
Spoiler:
E1M11 gameplay
Spoiler:
Last edited by demo_the_man on Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:34 am, edited 4 times in total.
Scripten

Post by Scripten »

Word to the wise: Have a solid, consistent base for your mod down before you start asking for help. Even better, don't ask for help until people start offering it. Right now we have nothing but a single art asset (And barely that) that shows you have any modicum of an idea what you are doing. Without something more to show, you're not likely to get much help.
mallo

Post by mallo »

demo_the_man wrote:This is a doom bible wad.
Another one?
Caligari87
Admin
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Caligari87 »

I should warn OP that I've not seen a single successful mod based on the Doom Bible yet. I personally have helped on a couple aborted ones, and for some reason I think it's a cursed goal.

8-)
Xim

Post by Xim »

Caligari_87 wrote:I should warn OP that I've not seen a single successful mod based on the Doom Bible yet. I personally have helped on a couple aborted ones, and for some reason I think it's a cursed goal.

8-)
QFT

Anyways, I've said stuff like this before. Find if somebody else is already working on a similar project and JOIN THEM. It's probably a much better way to get a start on things.
demo_the_man

Post by demo_the_man »

I want to have a beta out next week, so bear with me
demo_the_man

Post by demo_the_man »

got to finish the rifles decorate coding
Dancso

Post by Dancso »

demo_the_man wrote:also, a heads up to wild weasel, this is going to be a thing.
There's no "Get out of jail free card" here.
If you have diddly squat, then don't make a topic, period. And that "title pic" is not a clever try at finding a loophole.

We're no stranger to the thrill of sharing an idea or piece of work with the community, but as long as you're in the concept stage, it belongs here.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

If all you have is a title screen (which is literally just the doom logo), you do not have enough project to make a thread. As per protocol, I will give you two days to show us something substantial. A map, a screenshot of a map, a video maybe if you're feeling adventurous enough. Otherwise, I'll have to assume this is going the way of so many other projects and close the thread until you have more done than this.
demo_the_man

Post by demo_the_man »

Screenshots almost ready
Last edited by demo_the_man on Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
demo_the_man

Post by demo_the_man »

OLD STUFF PLEASE IGNORE!
Last edited by demo_the_man on Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
demo_the_man

Post by demo_the_man »

Here is some screenies from E1m7 Laboratory
Bluecard door.png
rising bridge.png
Lab entrance.png
This no longer reflects the final product, but will be left here for documentation
Last edited by demo_the_man on Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
demo_the_man

Post by demo_the_man »

Ive had to push the playable beta back, there is still a lot of work to do implementing the hub system
So far most of the progress is on hangar 2 and laboratory
demo_the_man

Post by demo_the_man »

Dancso wrote:
demo_the_man wrote:also, a heads up to wild weasel, this is going to be a thing.
There's no "Get out of jail free card" here.
If you have diddly squat, then don't make a topic, period. And that "title pic" is not a clever try at finding a loophole.

We're no stranger to the thrill of sharing an idea or piece of work with the community, but as long as you're in the concept stage, it belongs here.
Thanks for the info, but i have just recently posted 6 screenshots of the maps, and will be getting more asap

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”