The Teminator(WIP)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
xenoxols
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

The Teminator(WIP)

Post by xenoxols »

Hello, I have created a weapons and enemies mod using Endless123's one as a base.
It (Will) replace all weapons and enemies.
Currently, not everything is replaced.
Credits are in the file.
Screenies(old):
Spoiler:
And of course, the download:
https://www.mediafire.com/?7ym1qnlo41v4ndh
No custom enemies version(old):
https://www.mediafire.com/?nu2dhkeojnm3sc1
Set the CVAR quotes to 0 to disable one-liners. They don't work in the no enemy version anyways though.
Last edited by xenoxols on Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:23 pm, edited 15 times in total.
Endless123

Re: The Teminator(WIP)

Post by Endless123 »

... looks vaguely familiar .. ;)

The screenshots don't show the enemies but i like those enemies. I only played 2 levels of Doom 2 with your mod so far and i'd say it's a good start. You might want to add your own main page and menu image to make it more custom.
xenoxols

Post by xenoxols »

Updated! Added dynamic lights, dual wielded plasma rifles, a new enemy, and various other tweaks. Oh and about the custom menu, I really can't draw stuff, but I'll look for something.
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

xenoxols wrote:Updated! Added dynamic lights, dual wielded plasma rifles, a new enemy, and various other tweaks. Oh and about the custom menu, I really can't draw stuff, but I'll look for something.
Don't worry too much about it. Frankly i don't mind but some players likes to play different versions of a mod to see the differences but they tend to complain when it looks too identical to the original mod. Look at my other mod(Predator mod), jdredalert is doing a version of it and even if lots of my stuff is used in his version it's so different at the same time than even me enjoy it a lot and it's still in alpha phase. What i'm trying to say is since your mod is still a WIP based on my Terminator mod take the time to add your personal touch. The more you add of your personal work the more the players will enjoy it for what you added and not just because it's another version of an existing mod. But i'm not worry because what i saw so far from playing it you have a very good start and in both enemies and weapons area and i'm sure at the end, when you'll release the final version, it will be different enough to be enjoyable for everyone :)

On a side note, the dynamic lights aren't shown on both the normal Terminator view and the thermal view so to enjoy them the player will have to stick with the colour view mode. However it's a very good addition since the normal Terminator view seems to irritate some players and they'll use the colour mode anyway :D

Ho and if you need help for something just ask and i'll do my best to help you :)
jdredalert

Post by jdredalert »

Boy, i loved that shotgun, and the dynamic lightnings too. I think we should all join forces someday for the ultimate crossover clash between 80's movies badguys. We already have Aliens, Predators, Terminators, even Jason Voorhees... i wonder what's coming next!

Keep up your work, buddy!
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

Let me guess ... the Borgs :lol:

Imagine a story where a terminator in onboard a Starfleet ship and the ship crashes on a planet that happens to be the Aliens home world, all that while an unknown ship launches 3 containers with 3 Predators coming out of them, a light, assault and heavy Predators but the Borgs detected the Predator's ship and many Borg Cubes are on their way to assimilate this new technology ... is this enough crossovers ?
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

Isn't the Terminator supposed to start with like 2000% HP? He only starts with 100% and gets wrecked pretty fast. The weapons are pretty nice though, but they are being held in awkward positions (lever-shotgun is a good example :lol:). And for some reason the fists are damn near instant kill, which was kind if OP but OK since I was running out of ammo too fast due to stingy enemy drops. :lol:
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

Valherran wrote:Isn't the Terminator supposed to start with like 2000% HP? He only starts with 100% and gets wrecked pretty fast. The weapons are pretty nice though, but they are being held in awkward positions (lever-shotgun is a good example :lol:). And for some reason the fists are damn near instant kill, which was kind if OP but OK since I was running out of ammo too fast due to stingy enemy drops. :lol:
Looks like i had an advantage over you to play this version of my mod. I already knew the fists were the best weapon, i wonder why :P Well the fists always been the strongest weapon of the Terminator, at least in the movies so I figured if he can punch a guy so hard his fist go right through the poor guy's chest(Terminator 1) i though it would be a good idea to give him the strength he deserves in my mod and i'm glad xenoxols kept this feature of the Terminator.
xenoxols

Post by xenoxols »

Actually the fists will probably be nerfed(along with given actual sprites), but will still be powerful. Also gotta find a chainsaw replacemant, About the HP, yeah I changed it to 100, although I may raise his damage resistance because the enemies currently do loads of damage.
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

xenoxols wrote:Actually the fists will probably be nerfed(along with given actual sprites), but will still be powerful. Also gotta find a chainsaw replacemant, About the HP, yeah I changed it to 100, although I may raise his damage resistance because the enemies currently do loads of damage.
Well as long as he's not a hitting like a little girl or get wrecked by a slingshot stone it should be ok :P

Kidding aside it's your version of the mod so make it as you want it to be my friend :)
TheMightyHeracross

Post by TheMightyHeracross »

Well the shotgun has no pumping sound and the multi-barreled grenade launcher doesn't explode or anything. Besides that, I'm liking what I see! :D

Didn't Hornetzero post a more accurate Terminator crosshair somewhere?

EDIT: Hornetzero made this: (NOT ME)

xenoxols

Post by xenoxols »

I need to add a pumping sound, yeah. The cylinder grenade launcher is the smoke grenade launcher from T2. About the crosshair, this might just be me, but I HATE forcing custom crosshairs. If it can be an option, lease let me know.
TheMightyHeracross

Post by TheMightyHeracross »

I'm talking about the thing that shows up when you aim at the enemy, not the built-in crosshair system.
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

TheMightyHeracross wrote:I'm talking about the thing that shows up when you aim at the enemy, not the built-in crosshair system.
I think you meant this white circle thing under the "Target Aquired" right?

I made it myself but it's easy to replace it. With a little ACS script that could even be toggled off
xenoxols

Post by xenoxols »

Ah, I could do that.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”