Maskim Xul

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
0bsidian

Maskim Xul

Post by 0bsidian »

...la shub-niggurath...

Maskim Xul is a WIP 3-map wad for Boom I'm currently working on that incorporates new monsters and weapons, Lovecraftian themes and my ridiculous infatuation with building library maps into one gaming experience. It'll take a while to fully realize this holy abomination(think a central map the size of a Vela Pax map), but I'm hoping I'll be able to pull it off and finally make a map that isn't bite-sized for once. :P So far I've completed the first map and I'm slowly building up the second: I should be done by 2025![/silly]

At the moment I currently need 2 things:

-A sprite artist to design the final boss(details here).
-A musician to compose a good MIDI that suits the wad(I'm also thinking of commissioning a track that plays in ZDoom-derived ports as well to give a different experience, DVII-style)
Anyone who feels up to making the music track will receive the current beta of Maskim Xul so they can gauge the overall feel and make a track to match.

And now for your viewing pleasure a video of the intro map and some screenies of the main attraction.

Coming soon...

(Whee, crosspost!)
mallo

Re: Maskim Xul

Post by mallo »

This looks really cool! :D I'm definitely gonna play it.

(I didn't knew Boom had polyobjects)
0bsidian

Post by 0bsidian »

mallo wrote:This looks really cool! :D I'm definitely gonna play it.

(I didn't knew Boom had polyobjects)

Thanks! And no, Boom doesn't have polyobjects. I'm just a wizard. :lol:
TehRealSalt
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by TehRealSalt »

Oh wow. Intriguing, to say the least.
zrrion the insect

Post by zrrion the insect »

Some of those tricks I can think of ways to do in boom, but others are clearly the workings of a wizard.

It looks great by the way.

Return to “Levels”