[WIP] Zelda FPS (Alpha9) (Death Mountain Crater in ALTTP?)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
AkumaKing

Re: [WIP] Unnamed Zelda Mod

Post by AkumaKing »

@Kaal979
I've been using Spriters Resource for this. Final Fantasy Doom is fun, but I don't like its style....Everything you said after that question seems unclear to me. There's already a custom player class and I've replaced an enemy along with a multitude of items.

@xenoxols
This is planned to have its own custom maps, most likely using a hub.
Anyways, I just realized that my custom armor bonus doesn't replace the vanilla armor bonuses, I forgot to make it replace them. I will probably also slightly modify the Green Soldier's behavior so he doesn't just stand around like an idiot while I'm charging my sword for an incoming attack.
AkumaKing

Re: [WIP] Unnamed Zelda Mod

Post by AkumaKing »

OK, updated it. Also, MediaFire randomly stopped working for me, so I had to upload it to Drop Box.

Anyways, my custom armor bonus is in, hearts EVERYWHERE, Fire Rod and Ice Rod are in, lamp/lantern got a revamp, magic cape is in, sword dash drains MP and makes it near-impossible to turn. (MWAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH)

Lamp and Magic Cape can be turned on/off. You can use multiple magic draining abilities at the same time, but I made it so that it will cause your MP to drop faster when doing so. (the magic consumption is ACS based, BTW)
(Magic Cape + Lamp + Sword Dash = HOLY SHIT LOOK AT THOSE NUMBERS DROP)

Edit: There'll be a lot of progress done in the next version. Hopefully getting a good collection of textures gathered, some completion on the sword hud, and maybe some maps.
AkumaKing

Re: [WIP] Zelda FPS (Alpha)

Post by AkumaKing »

Just a bump to let you guys know this project isn't dead and give you an update on progress.

SCREENSHOTS 'N SHIT!
Spoiler:
Yeah, I bet you just can't wait for the next Alpha. ;P

Actually, I'll let you guys have a taste right now.
And, thus, a new changelog and download link. (check first post for the latter)
Spoiler:
Last edited by AkumaKing on Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tormentor667

Re: [WIP] Zelda FPS (Alpha6)

Post by Tormentor667 »

It looks cute :D
Batandy

Post by Batandy »

Hm, i don't like the texture choice, you got many different styles mixed together, ALTTP sand textures, wind waker cliff textures, oot grass (?)

It would look alot better with just ALTTP styled textures imho
AkumaKing

Post by AkumaKing »

I might change it later, but I'd also like to hear what others think first and not go off of a single person's opinion. Either way, I'm more interested in what everyone thinks about the weapons I got done and other things related to the gameplay. After all, the textures are just the frosting when we should care more about the actual cake underneath.
LuSan

Post by LuSan »

About the weapons, with no offence but I think the blade looks blurry and not that much detailed in my opinion what could really help you to have a proper sword that would be a marvel to look at would be for you to request to the author of the GMOTA Mod for him to give you his sword file, then the onlly thing you would need would be to just edit the sword in photoshop with the colors of Legend of Zelda to look more authentic.
I could even help you on that if the file is just a bunch of Images!
AkumaKing

Post by AkumaKing »

I take no offense to that since I'm not the one who made the hud; a friend did. I did, however, resize it since it was a bit small in-game, that might be what caused the blurriness.

Also
LuSan wrote:I could even help you on that if the file is just a bunch of Images!
What did you mean by this, LuSan?
LuSan

Post by LuSan »

What I meant was that if the animation is just a PSD, PNG, JPEG or TIF file I can help you to edit it.
I said that because I dont know what kind of file is used for the frames of Doom weapons
LuSan

Post by LuSan »

BTW I can remove the bluriness of your sword sprites if you want me to, and any other sprites and textures If I have time for that. :)
AkumaKing

Post by AkumaKing »

The textures seem fine, IMO. Also, I'm using .png.

If you want to get rid of the blurriness, have a nice lil' DropBox link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/blxi0ezuq6mj ... VoWeN3Fu7a
LuSan

Post by LuSan »

I have sent you a PM I hope I didnt do much of a mess :P
Nash

Post by Nash »

I saw this project about Zelda with an Occulus Rift and wonder how cool would it be to play this mod when (if) GZDoom gets Rift support! :D

http://www.polygon.com/2014/7/29/594846 ... culus-rift
AkumaKing

Post by AkumaKing »

Yeah, it probably would be pretty neat.......Once this mod is complete in enough areas to be deemed good/amazing.

Speaking of which, I recently started redoing the overworld and have some rivers, some of the castle, a lot of grassy field, and some "bridges" done. I also have a version of the first dungeon, the Eastern Palace, nearly finished. I say nearly since it's subject to possible change and I need to figure out how I'd keep track of the dungeon boss and when it would result in spawning the pendant. Y'know, because there's like 6 individual actors and only the last one dying should drop the pendant or make the pendant spawn. Maybe I could somehow make a ceiling higher that would contain the pendant when all of them are dead? I'm not sure, I'm still pretty noobish at mapping since I mainly focus in making decorate and ACS.
AkumaKing

Re: [WIP] Zelda FPS (Alpha7)

Post by AkumaKing »

Welp, sorry for the lack of activity. I've had school 'n stuff to deal with and have been trying to learn the basics of Unity3D to make a game I've got bubbling in my brain.

Anyways, I can't remember most of the changes I've made since I last touched the file was quite a while ago, so I'll just list a few recent changes.

-New DM map (ZDM02) by me
-Zandronum compatible

I also made a new overworld and made my own idea of what the first dungeon could've looked like. But the overworld is extremely unfinished and the dungeon looks nothing like the one from ALTTP aside from the entrance.....Kinda. Also, I'm not sure if these are new or not since I forget which version I added them in. I just remember making them at some point. My memory is terrible.

Anyways, yeah. Hopefully I'll be able to get more work done now. Like I said, I don't remember most of what I did in this version.

Download here

Edit: I think I broke the weapon selection....

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”