RELEASE: Wolfenstein 3D TC Version 3.1

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Double(Super)Shotgun

Re: Wolfenstein 3D TC (Version 2.0)

Post by Double(Super)Shotgun »

Yeah I can't get this to work. Installation instructions would be brilliant for us non-geniuses. Is there anything I can change the Automap section in mapinfo in Wolf3D_Common.pk7 that will allow this to work? I tried removing the section entirely; that didn't work.
hoover1979
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by hoover1979 »

mallo wrote:
hoover1979 wrote:I have been trying to add HD textures to this mod but when they go in it only shows the top left corner of them in 64x64 I want to get them in 512x512 but just can't. I am including a link for others to download these textures (from New wolf's HD Texture Pack, reformatted for GZDoom) I hope someone else can get them to work and release it on Wolf TC page as an addon (which I will download immediately)

link is here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5PKuy ... sp=sharing
Try scaling 'em to 64x64 using TEXTURES.
that would defeat the purpose of HD textures. just 32bit color low res textures. I just can't understand why these textures are having such issues. on GZDoom in general I found I only had this issue if the doom textures were in a pk3 file but they worked fine uncompressed. not the same luck with the Wolf3D TC compress or uncompressed it is the top-left 64x64 portion of the textures :( on the older buggier wolf TC it worked fine.
Dancso

Post by Dancso »

I'm somehow finding this more comfortable to play than the original game, and thus more fun.
So time to totally ruin everyone's day
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8mqn2qwj5f1yg ... .58.25.png
I use a 5:4 resolution :)

Also, if I spam the use key on doors like an idiot, it can get jammed.

Otherwise, kudos for a really good TC!
Heck, even the blood drinking is there.. when i was little i didnt know you had to be under 11 health to pick it up, so my brother thought i made it up when i couldn't reproduce it in front of him. :P
mallo

Post by mallo »

hoover1979 wrote:
mallo wrote: Try scaling 'em to 64x64 using TEXTURES.
that would defeat the purpose of HD textures. just 32bit color low res textures. I just can't understand why these textures are having such issues. on GZDoom in general I found I only had this issue if the doom textures were in a pk3 file but they worked fine uncompressed. not the same luck with the Wolf3D TC compress or uncompressed it is the top-left 64x64 portion of the textures :( on the older buggier wolf TC it worked fine.
The thing with scaling using TEXTURES is that they take 64x64 space, while actually being Hi-Res.
General_101

Post by General_101 »

I'm not sure if this has been asked before but search brought nothing so sorry if I missed this. Is there anyway to enable weapon bobbing like in Doom?
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

nope, you gotta edit this mod to able to bob the weapons with slade.
hoover1979
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by hoover1979 »

I have given up on getting the HD textures to work with this version of the TC. By changing the "Textures" folder in the pk3 to "Hires" folder MOST of the textures are in proper aspect however the textures are grossly mismatched and on a section of wall where one texture is repeated it shows several wrong textures. Too bloody hard, giving up! :bang:
PSTrooper

Post by PSTrooper »

Download the "Development Version". Works straight out of the zip.
osjclatchford

Post by osjclatchford »

new mugshot faces on spritingcarnival from flyntaggart got me thinking:
wvga0086.PNG
wvga0086.PNG (7.25 KiB) Viewed 2148 times
*EDIT*
newer version: free to try it out
hud2.zip
(158.13 KiB) Downloaded 149 times
:wink:

*edit2*
thanks to blox for polishing the rott mp40 for me in the resource requests thread.
mp40.PNG
mp40.PNG (36.72 KiB) Viewed 2111 times
I've now re-compiled it with some "new" mac/jag hands I just knocked up, the pickup I made a while ago and the muzzleflashes that appear on my other wolf3d weapon edits:
osjclatchford

Post by osjclatchford »

sorry to double-post but ran out of upload slots above!
so this:
bjHUDmug(ginger).PNG
bjHUDmug(ginger).PNG (11.36 KiB) Viewed 2109 times
= much better classic nostalgia and a much better custom hud:
hud3.zip
(162.88 KiB) Downloaded 173 times
:wink:
D00mfan

Post by D00mfan »

Maybe someone could put dr.schabbs syringe as a weapon?
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

If you want projectile weapon to use, there's missile launcher. Also, not original.
Gifty

Post by Gifty »

I apologize for the double whammy of bumping and also being that guy, but could anyone confirm whether or not weapon damage is slightly off in this TC? It seems like the effective range is significantly farther, and you can do stuff like two-shot an SS trooper with the pistol, which I'm pretty sure was impossible in the original game.

(Whatever may be the case, mega kudos for the TC; it's a monolithic achievement, and frankly with the consolidated interface I prefer it to the original)
Athel

Post by Athel »

Im sorry if this appears to be a "Useless Bump Gallery" post, but I don't have music. I unzipped the latest version, I have my music settings all the way up and nothing. Also, despite me loading WOLF3D_EP3.PK3, it says episode 3 is missing. Also, IMO, I think the running speed of the player should be slowed a bit. Otherwise, a good tc.
armymen12002003
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by armymen12002003 »

Im also having a problem loading this up with a svn build of gzdoom. now that i figured out how to do log files can u fix it?
Attachments
log.txt
(1.04 KiB) Downloaded 87 times

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”