Final Judgement, an hexen wad Beta Released! Try it Out

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Unholypimpin

Final Judgement, an hexen wad Beta Released! Try it Out

Post by Unholypimpin »

PROJECT OVERVIEW
==============================================
This is a hexen project that I have been working on for almost a month, and it acts like diablo in the sense that instead of using hubs, each map acts like an act like in diablo2. Each map will be pretty large and have multiple paths and different ways to beat it.
I would like to point out that you will be doing alot of exploring in this wad because there will be weapons,items and mana scattered throughout the act, In fact! weapons wont be in places where you go to progress through the act but rather in places off to the side like for example a cave.
Don't forget to check houses and caves because you will most likely find weapons and useful items in them.

PROJECT GAMEPLAY CHANGES
==============================================================
There will be No new weapons, however there will be a ton of new items that you can find while playing.
One example item is the Elemental orb, which you can make at a special altar in the map when you have obtained three other item pieces for it. Each item that is used the create the Elemental Orb has its own function, and once you use them to create the elemental orb all those functions are combined into one item(The Elemental Orb).
Another new item item is the scroll of fire, this scroll shoots out 5 firebolts in a cone. The scroll of fire has 3 uses before it vanishes from your inventory.
There are many other items that will be in this wad but I wont be revealing them at this time.

EXPLORATION IS THE KEY TO SUCCESS, exploring the map allows you to find special items that can aid you in killing the final act boss.

BETA LINK RIGHT HERE, ENJOY!!
===========================================
https://www.dropbox.com/s/lil8baiha5nku ... 1.pk3?dl=0

CREDITS!!!
Spoiler:

ENDING NOTES
=======================
I will be making two versions, one with gameplay changes and one that is compatible with hexen mods like WOC and things like that.

This mod will be multiplayer friendly so ZANDRONUM PLAY YAY!!!

I will be releasing this project to the public after I finish an act, so in a week or so ill be releasing act1 and so on and so forth.

At the end of each act there will be a boss, so...BE PREPARED!!!

If you would like to see further progress on the wad, visit my tumblr at http://unholypimpin.tumblr.com/ or you can talk to me personally on the zandronum IRC in channel #Baphomet'sPG
Last edited by Unholypimpin on Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:03 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Valherran

Re: Act style hexen wad (no name yet) Act1 45% done

Post by Valherran »

Hexen: Beyond the Red Portal

Just a thought. :-P
Unholypimpin

Post by Unholypimpin »

Ill take that into consideration, but Ill be taking name suggestions or thinking up a name as act1 gets closer to completion.
Ed the Bat
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Ed the Bat »

Is this replacing Shroud of Deceit?
Unholypimpin

Post by Unholypimpin »

Ya and actually its just as big in its current state.
SallazarSpellcaster

Post by SallazarSpellcaster »

Greetings.

I find this project to be quite enticing, as it appears it'll take advantage of Hexen's dark fantasy setting along with a healthy dose of exploration and interesting locales. Plus, the architecture and overall vibe exuded by the modification is, I must say, really awesome.

Godspeed.
zrrion the insect

Post by zrrion the insect »

I am always interesting in Hexen mods, and this looks interesting.
Unholypimpin

Post by Unholypimpin »

act1 is now 60% done, finally finished the void rift so now I am on to making the mage tower.

added some new screenshots as well.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/00llhnsz9om0 ... EmQie_dB1a
-Ghost-

Re: Act style hexen wad (no name yet) Act1 60% done

Post by -Ghost- »

Looking good, I like the increased details.
Unholypimpin

Re: Act style hexen wad (no name yet) Act1 90% done

Post by Unholypimpin »

Okay so the first act is done map wise, but item wise it is not. I pretty much need to make sprites for a bunch of items and then add their effects.

Atm act1 is very nonlinear. You could go straight for the act1 final boss in just a minute, though you probably wont beat him or it would take very long to.

This is what I have so far. Act1 has three mage gems that you can collect at different points in the map. Each gem has special abilities that you can activate whenever you want but have cooldowns. If you decide to collect all three gems then you can go to a special place in act1 to combine them all into a master gem.
This master gem has the powers of all three gems but far stronger. The master gem will help you defeat the final boss easier.
Spoiler:
This is the special shrine you go to make the master gem.

This map is all about exploring and finding items to help you beat the boss.
If I decide to add another act, the master gem or any gems you collect will remain in your inventory.

Edit.. Got 60% of the inventory items done, heres what they look like.
Spoiler:
Unholypimpin

Re: Final Judgement, an act style hexen wad Act 1 90% done

Post by Unholypimpin »

So two weeks ago I decided to do an online test with a few friends of mine, and they said that the map is so nonlinear that they got confused on where special places on the map were. I'm fixing this issue by adding map markers to this wad. Map markers will reveal themselves when you enter special places of great importance while playing.
Here is an example of some of the map markers you will find.
Spoiler:
I'm now adding loads of secrets into act1 and many more places of interest to explore, as well as many more items.

Also this project now requires gzdoom in order to play it properly.
everamzah

Re: Final Judgement, an act style hexen wad Act 1 90% done

Post by everamzah »

That's a thing of beauty! There is also the SECRETS lump, too, but the map markers should do the trick.
Unholypimpin

Re: Final Judgement, an act style hexen wad Beta Released!

Post by Unholypimpin »

After reflecting on how much I love this project..I have come to a sound conclusion!...I wont be working on this project anymore, except for bug fixing and some quality control.
Act 1 is fully finished and ready to play, is it 100% bug free? well shit I hope so!

As it stands I wont be adding anymore acts, unless there are quite a few people that like this project soo much that they bug me for more.
Maybe its just me, but looking back at the map I feel like I could of done way better and I feel like all the areas are butt ugly.

Anyways.. Hope you guys enjoy.

Here is the beta link, If you find any bugs or feel like its too hard or too easy then don't be afraid to let me know =D

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lil8baiha5nku ... 1.pk3?dl=0
Unholypimpin

Re: Final Judgement, an hexen wad Beta Released! Try it Out

Post by Unholypimpin »

Next version I will be nerfing the dark archers slightly then I think this hexen wad will be ready to upload to idgames.

Return to “Levels”