Blake Stone TC Demo

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Enjay

Re: Blake Stone TC Demo

Post by Enjay »

For information, the version from zdoom.org is the official release version. The one(s) from DRD are built using the "work in progress" code. As a result, they will contain new features and bug fixes that have been added since the last official release (in this case, basically anything added in the last 9 months will be in the DRD build but not the official build). However, the DRD builds should be considered to be like "beta" software. i.e. some features will have received less testing and may have introduced bugs.
SyntherAugustus

Post by SyntherAugustus »

AFADoomer wrote:How many lives did you have before using the elevator?

There are only two places in the code where the inventory reset is called... When a player enters a new game, and when a player just died. In the first case, the script explicitly gives 3 lives. In the second case, the script should re-give the number of lives remaining for the player - this is the only place where you could possibly end up with weapons stripped and only 1 life...

You weren't manually changing any cvar values, were you? Specifically 'g_blakedead'?

EDIT: I'll do some testing with savegames as well... Maybe something's not saving across properly. Haven't been able to duplicate anything, yet.
I'll make a recording of the bug in action tomorrow.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

This is really impressive :)
PlayerLin
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support
Location: XinZhuang, XinBei/New Taipei City(Former Taipei County), Taiwan.

Post by PlayerLin »

AFADoomer wrote: - (Temporarily?) Removed Patrol.Clip state from patrolling enemies, as some were making their way outside the map
Today I tried again on E1L1 with 0.1.25, in skill 4, I kill all enemies I found and check the automap with iddt *2 enabled. But I only get 79/80 kills. Again, use "kill monsters" console cheat to get all 100% in that level.

And then I try go to the second floor, and then I found all my weapons, score and some other things except my health are lost again. I also lost a live(from 3 to 2 after I entered E1L2).

WAT? :shock:
Dynamo

Post by Dynamo »

Sorry, I hope this hasn't already been reported, but you can actually open doors that are supposed to be only openable from one side, from the locked side. You have to be at a specific position but you can do it.
SyntherAugustus

Post by SyntherAugustus »

OBS seems to be breaking so I'll just provide some instructions on producing the bug.

1. Get the latest GZDoom
2. Start a game, make a save during a level.
3. Die, then respawn with your save as many times as you like
4. Complete the level with any sort of stats. A "speedrun" will do.
5. Notice that the weapons you picked up have been removed and you lose a life.
AFADoomer

Post by AFADoomer »

Dynamo wrote:Sorry, I hope this hasn't already been reported, but you can actually open doors that are supposed to be only openable from one side, from the locked side. You have to be at a specific position but you can do it.
Thanks, I'll see what I can do to fix those. What is the 'specific position' that you are describing?
blackfish wrote:OBS seems to be breaking so I'll just provide some instructions on producing the bug.

1. Get the latest GZDoom
2. Start a game, make a save during a level.
3. Die, then respawn with your save as many times as you like
4. Complete the level with any sort of stats. A "speedrun" will do.
5. Notice that the weapons you picked up have been removed and you lose a life.
Should be fixed in latest version... Please test and confirm.

Changelog:
- Updated conversion tool and reconverted all levels
-- Re-added 'walkover' door opening for enemy actors
-- Re-worked how switch information is handled
- Added cross-level switch functionality; re-tweaked all switch code
- Added working teleporter script and effects
- Preliminary work to add enabling specific messages for informants in certain sectors
- Cleaned up message code so that players don't see messages generated by enemies
- Added ^f (Floor) to ExpandString function
- Fixed issue where players dieing and restoring to a save point would lose weapons and life when changing levels
- Disabled Patrol.Clip in BioTech definition, where I missed disabling it before
- Added a missing Jump statement that caused BioTechs to not turn around properly
- Reduced BioTech meleerange to 0 to avoid spastic firing animations
- Removed unneeded code from Decorate definition for Biotech and Informant
- Fixed 'Frightened' behavior of BioTechs (they now run away when out of ammo, as they are supposed to)
- Added switch (de)activation and teleport strings to Language.txt
- Changed Basement map levelnum to 11 to fix some issues with passing 0 as a parameter
- Re-defined switch textures
PlayerLin

Post by PlayerLin »

Oh, I don't know that weapon/score reset bug after go to next floor was caused by got killed and load saved game...sorry were not mention about that one. :?

As v0.1.26, I confirmed that bug has been fixed, never lost anythings on next floor after get killed and load savegame, but I noticed the Informants can mystery disappeared one by one as killed since when he disappeared from the level(even I see he just walk around in front of me and then disappeared and I don't even push my weapon's trigger at all...wow.), I lost my informant alive %, it's enough to drop to 0%(as they all disappeared) before I go to next floor. I'm not sure those "stand still" ones do disappear too but I'm sure it's still not normal...

Not a bug but a minor suggest: Those "screens" in Titlemap shows Apogee, JIM logos can be skip by hit any keys like original(not hit key in titlescreen will show the credit screen and high score list then go demo as it was), because I have to want the two company logo screens fade in and out for seconds and then I can see the titlescreen and know what's the current version of this TC.
:p
AFADoomer

Post by AFADoomer »

PlayerLin wrote:Oh, I don't know that weapon/score reset bug after go to next floor was caused by got killed and load saved game...sorry were not mention about that one. :?

As v0.1.26, I confirmed that bug has been fixed, never lost anythings on next floor after get killed and load savegame, but I noticed the Informants can mystery disappeared one by one as killed since when he disappeared from the level(even I see he just walk around in front of me and then disappeared and I don't even push my weapon's trigger at all...wow.), I lost my informant alive %, it's enough to drop to 0%(as they all disappeared) before I go to next floor. I'm not sure those "stand still" ones do disappear too but I'm sure it's still not normal...

Not a bug but a minor suggest: Those "screens" in Titlemap shows Apogee, JIM logos can be skip by hit any keys like original(not hit key in titlescreen will show the credit screen and high score list then go demo as it was), because I have to want the two company logo screens fade in and out for seconds and then I can see the titlescreen and know what's the current version of this TC.
:p
See if the Informant issue is fixed now...

Changes tonight:
- Added support for alternate door sounds
-- Tweaked map converter and re-converted all maps
- More tweaks to message scripts to keep bot and enemy messages from showing up on the player's screen
- Tweaked state jump code in BioTech definitions; added more state jump checks
-- If a BioTech was in line of sight of the player spawn and alerted while frozen for loading screen transition, odd things would happen

The titlemap can't be changed, because that's how it works in ZDoom - pressing keys loads the menu.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

i hope the turret does alright, it keeps shooting me even i was got killed, though.
PlayerLin

Post by PlayerLin »

AFADoomer wrote: See if the Informant issue is fixed now...
As v0.1.27, informants disappearing issue seems fixed, but some old bugs(?) come back, those informants who only the first one I talk gives me ammo packs and food tokens, other don't. And their message never changed, always the same one message, whoever or how many times I talk with them, unless I go to next level or restart.

Bio-techs(bad informants) has same problem, I talk one who hates me, and then other Bio-techs don't even talk to me at all, they just do nothing/attack me/waiting for I attack...

:?

BTW, more minor bugs...
1.You can pause the game when "Mission briefing screens" and "loading screen".

2.When you get killed, do not respawn, just hit ESC, choose "NEW MISSION", and then you start on at floor one with the lives you were have in last game that you get killed(looks like the game just respawn player on first floor when try to start a new game after get killed), if you do this when you're out of live, then HIGH SCORE board show out without the usual game over cutscene...

3.In E1L2, an ammo pack can't picked up due pushed a secret pushwall then it "stop on" the ammo pack's position, make the pack noncollectable. But I'm not sure if the original game do the same stupid thing too...(the ammo pack is on X= -1117, Y= 1544, approximately)

4.The attacker messages should shows when attacker "actually hit" player, I keep get the messages when I hide on behind of wall and enemy keep shooting but not caused any damage at all.

5.Dr. Goldfire didn't give player any of score when "killed". (In original it gives 5000)

6.See attachments, I guess that "thing"(maybe some other enemies) didn't completed, yet.
:3:
Attachments
Original game.
Original game.
In TC as v0.1.27.
In TC as v0.1.27.
BlueFireZ88
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by BlueFireZ88 »

Sweet jumping Goldfire, I'm certainly keeping an eye on this.
armymen12002003
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by armymen12002003 »

this looks good ill try this out later
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Need to test this evening :)
Dynamo

Post by Dynamo »

AFADoomer wrote:
Dynamo wrote:Sorry, I hope this hasn't already been reported, but you can actually open doors that are supposed to be only openable from one side, from the locked side. You have to be at a specific position but you can do it.
Thanks, I'll see what I can do to fix those. What is the 'specific position' that you are describing?
In the very middle of the door.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”