Blake Stone TC Demo

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
D00mfan

Re: Blake Stone TC Demo

Post by D00mfan »

Another thing :

Isn't the plasma discharge unit suppose to use %5 of your ammo and not 1%?
D00mfan

Post by D00mfan »

Also I lost all my weapons when I started level 3 for some reason.
AFADoomer

Post by AFADoomer »

D00mfan wrote:Isn't the plasma discharge unit suppose to use %5 of your ammo and not 1%?
Fixed (it actually uses 4).

I'm not sure why you would have lost all of your weapons. Was this between saves? Did you manually change any cvars or other settings?
ravage

Post by ravage »

This is amazing. I really should get back to work on my ZBlake mod.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

AFADoomer wrote:If you have already downloaded the Demo once, you don't need to re-download the entire TC to get the latest version (unless something major changes). Just download the most recent BStone.pk7 file here (180KB) and drop it into your Blake Stone TC folder.
The pk7 link is a 404. :(

I assume that this is the same thing:

http://afadoomer.com/bs/svn/Distribution/BStone.pk7

BTW, is there a quick way to re-enable Doom-style weapon swaying and head bobbing? Personally, I prefer that to the Wolfenstein-glide.
AFADoomer

Post by AFADoomer »

Enjay wrote:The pk7 link is a 404. :(
Eurgh. I fail at URLs in this thread. Fixed.
Enjay wrote:BTW, is there a quick way to re-enable Doom-style weapon swaying and head bobbing? Personally, I prefer that to the Wolfenstein-glide.
Two ways (that are really the same):
- Change the 'g_momentum' cvar to 1 in the console
- In the menu go to 'Game Options', 'Other Options', 'Blake Stone TC Options'. This menu includes a toggle for the movement code.

The TC Options menu also includes:
- Enabling single-button Blake-style cheats ('powerball' cvar)
- Skipping level loading and brief screens ('g_nointro' cvar)
- Toggling textured floors and ceilings vs. flat Wolf-style colors, as you could do in the original game ('g_texturedflats' cvar)
- Changing the pushwall move distance (not recommended, but leftover from Wolf3D TC, where some mods change the value) ('g_maxpushwallmove' cvar)
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Ah, got it. Thanks. FWiW I also edited my ini to give me a darker and more opaque menu background. It makes things much more easy to see (I'd actually missed the Blake Options menu entry when looking for the options :lol: ).

Unrelated: at my resolution (1920x1200) in GZDoom (ZDoom is fine) I can see tiny slivers of the game view between the black masks at the side of the information screens and the info screens themselves:
Spoiler:
Although I guess that ZDoom, rather than GZDoom is the target, can anything be done about this?
LostSkull

Post by LostSkull »

Isn't that an Anti-aliasing problem?
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

I suspect so. But if it is possible, for example, for the black fillers at the sides to be wider and then have the info screen sit on top, or something, then that would cure the problem I guess.
AFADoomer

Post by AFADoomer »

Enjay wrote:FWiW I also edited my ini to give me a darker and more opaque menu background. It makes things much more easy to see (I'd actually missed the Blake Options menu entry when looking for the options :lol: ).
You shouldn't have had to do that... The colors are defined in mapinfo:

Code: Select all

dimcolor = "08 15 20"
	dimamount = 1.0
Did you try setting the 'dimamount' cvar to -1? That allows the mapinfo-defined colors to override the defaults.

On the off-by-one pixel issue, I think I can work around that (on the loading screen, at least), but it's really an engine issue. The widescreen mask image is essentially a big black rectangle with a 320x200 hole in the middle, and the blackout image over the center of the viewport is 320x200... But in this case 1 plus 1 equals 1.999 and not 2 (or something like that)...
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

AFADoomer wrote:You shouldn't have had to do that... The colors are defined in mapinfo:

Code: Select all

dimcolor = "08 15 20"
	dimamount = 1.0
Curious. I just dropped the TC into a sub folder of my GZDoom folder (called bstone), edited the bat to point to gzdoom.exe instead of zdoom.exe and ran the bat. Perhaps there was something in my original ini that messed things up? I was getting the usual yellow translucent background.

My own choice was:
dimcolor=18 34 51
dimamount=0.8

The colour because it matched one of the info screens and the amount because I wanted it more opaque but I decided to leave it slightly translucent. Perhaps fully opaque would be better though.
PlayerLin
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support
Location: XinZhuang, XinBei/New Taipei City(Former Taipei County), Taiwan.

Post by PlayerLin »

Wow, finally a TC of BStone...nice job! :P

I found some minor(?) differences/problems in this TC...

1.Informants should give some energy packs and food tokens after player talked them.(In original game, it's very important for who playing on higher skill levels like skill level 4 because the amount of enemies is high, strong and powerful.)
Also if the informant was stand still, it shouldn't moving after talked.

2.Doors should not close and push player away...like Wolf3D engine, the door won't close at all if player or something stand there.(I disabled Blake Stone-movement, don't know if it affects or not.)

3.Some main menu items do nothing...like the Instruction, High Score and BACK TO MISSION option, the console gives "Attempting to open menu of unknown type", I guess it's not complete yet? But the titlemap one still exist so I guess it just missed.

4.Choose STORY option on the main menu and give you the ZDooM style's "HoM" texture, I guess it's still not complete yet too?

5.Missing the death sound effect when player get killed(Since this TC use the DooM one but without the death sound of player), the "EKG-line" display should become a straight line when goes to 0% and die, not just show totally nothing in the TC...well, it's not too important I guess. :P

6.High Plasma Energy Alien only give 1 score point.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/580460-blake ... faqs/39707
It says give 5150 points when kills.

7. The screen still totally RED after used "resurrect" cheat from console, yeah, I know it's not intend do this cheat after get killed but just notice it since it still not right at all. :P

8. Get "All Ememies Killed" with 100% kills and "All Points Collected" for all points in this level collected will give 50000 points bonus for each, if none of informants get killed at this point,the game will give player the "All Informants Alive" bonus for 50000 points, too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIGOgYUSWq8
In 23:28 of that movie.

The "great score bonus" with extra life, I'm not sure how to get this one, I guess if player get 100000 of bonus points(which get 2 or 3 of "All-whatever" bonuses), and the game will give. But I'm unsure... :?
AFADoomer

Post by AFADoomer »

1. All is fixed now.
2. The closing motion forcing the player to move only really happens with normal Doom movement restored. Not much I can do, due to how polyobjects work.
3 and 4. These screens are still to be completed.
5. Fixed sound and added new 'Death' EKG mugshot definition.
6. Should never have been broken, and I haven't been able to duplicate it... Maybe you somehow got an enemy that wasn't properly initialized (scripts set hitpoint and point amounts in the first few tics).
7. Can't fix - the 'CancelFade()' command doesn't seem to work after 'resurrect'ing. As a workaround, enter this in your console: 'set g_debugdeath 1; archivecvar g_debugdeath' and the fade will never happen at all.
8. This is still to be completed. Some logic is in place, and the award strings, but I haven't finished putting these in.
LostSkull

Post by LostSkull »

Will you do this for Planet Strike too?
PlayerLin
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support
Location: XinZhuang, XinBei/New Taipei City(Former Taipei County), Taiwan.

Post by PlayerLin »

AFADoomer wrote: 1. All is fixed now.
I see, but I forgot say the informants still become moving around if player fires its weapons..., no, in original they never moving at all whatever player/enemy do...

Also missing sound effects when informants give player items(in v0.20, still no energy packs, only give food tokens), use on out of order food machines/use on normal food machine but full of health and somethings...just silent, feel weird. :p

Kill Bio-Tech enemy(looks like informant but will attacking player when talk or fire a weapon nearby), do not play his death sound...

Seems it's still needed a lot of works, good luck. :)

EDIT:
AFADoomer wrote: 6. Should never have been broken, and I haven't been able to duplicate it... Maybe you somehow got an enemy that wasn't properly initialized (scripts set hitpoint and point amounts in the first few tics).
Weird, I try again by start new game with v0.20, but that monster still give me 1 point at all...
(I only try Episode 1 Floor 1...there are 3 of them in skill 4 on that level)

Also, the picture of Blake's mugshot should showed only one with current selected skill level in the difficulty level selection menu, now they all just show on there without change or something.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”