Smooth Doom [WIP 2.0 TEST? WOWIE ZOWIE]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
zrrion the insect

Re: Smooth Doom (SEVEN-SIX-TWO MILLIMETER!)

Post by zrrion the insect »

Doomguy's handedness is a detail I honestly don't notice.

However, do NOT flip the pistol. The lighting on the gun does not work when flipped. Flip the hand and leave the pistol alone.
jdredalert

Post by jdredalert »

What you mean it does not work? This is how i play for years and i don't have no problem at all. o.o

Edit - do you mean graphic-wise?
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Yes, graphic-wise. All of Doom's weapons are drawn with the lighting (shiny parts) on the left side of the gun; flipping the entire sprite makes the pistol look wrong.
Kostov

Post by Kostov »

wildweasel wrote:Yes, graphic-wise. All of Doom's weapons are drawn with the lighting (shiny parts) on the left side of the gun; flipping the entire sprite makes the pistol look wrong.
All? I just checked the graphics, the lighting for the other weapons is centered. Heck, the SSG's lighting is to the right.
Stormblade

Post by Stormblade »

I wish I could make my rifle a bit more powerful and I wish I could center it a bit more so it isn't so tilted to the left.

Also, I will give credits to Mike12, as soon as I revise my rifle.... :P

I'd like to give it a bit more power like a shotgun or a super shotgun, but make it slower fire rate and more accurate. I mean it has huge kickback so it probably makes people that the rifle is powerful, but it's not. Which disappoints many people including myself.

In the next version (that's if I even know how to code some stuff. Which I practically don't. Sorry I wish I could learn but I just don't know where to start!) I will credit Mike12, hell I'll even credit him right now!

I credit Mike12 for the rifle sprites.

It's not mine, it's Mike12.

I don't want to be like Sargent_Mark IV who didn't give credit to anybody (despite Mike12, Nash, and a bunch of other people basically laying the groundwork for Brutal Doom).

I really love this mod, and hopefully soon we can have a Smooth Doom 64.
Carbine Dioxide

Post by Carbine Dioxide »

Recoil? I think that it shouldn't have recoil at all, just sprite recoil animations.
Stormblade

Post by Stormblade »

Recoil is kind of cool actually, it gives Doom a little enhancement kind of. But in a good way, not a bad way. :P

I mean if you shoot a gun in real-life there's bound to be some recoil right?
Carbine Dioxide

Post by Carbine Dioxide »

Yeah, but the other doom weapons don't have recoil. I just think it's weird because if I were to have recoil on a weapon of mine, all other weapons would have recoil. They just match, I guess.
Stormblade

Post by Stormblade »

I probably would have recoil on all my weapons too. Anyway, I think Gifty already has recoil for all the weapons. :P
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

yeah, but lil' bit. because doomguy recovers it really fast, despite of using super shotgun or bfg9000.
cronodevir

Post by cronodevir »

Got one of these guys when running it with zdoom and gzdoom.

Code: Select all

Execution could not continue.

Script error, "SmoothDoom.pk3:deco/monsters/zombieman.txt" line 23:
Unexpected token string constant "CasingToggle"
Gifty

Post by Gifty »

Is your Zdoom/Gzdoom totally up to date?
cronodevir

Post by cronodevir »

It was a week ago... heh. Does zDoom update that fast? I'll try getting the latest from the SVN.

Edit: Yep, my zdoom was out of date. Wow, it updates often.
Gifty

Post by Gifty »

Yeah, no kidding. I was wondering why Droplets wasn't working, turns out my Gzdoom was already out of date like a week after I redownloaded it.
Rowsol

Post by Rowsol »

I looked at the most recent update and I realized the... Ok I just took a piss and came back to realize I don't even know what I'm talking about fully. I looked at the code and sorta remembered what I was talking about; The a_playsound ("misc/gibbed") instead of just using a_xscream.

This may be just the beer talking, and I realize it really makes no sense, but I can't help but wonder what goes though your head when you do something like that. It's sorta like how you made a "A_JumpIfHealthLower(-30,"Gibdeath")" instead of just setting a GibHealth of 30 for the actor which would've done the same thing.

Again, I mean no disrespect but when I'm drunk I tend to talk more than I usually do, and I generally want to know what you are thinking about when you do some of these (amateur?) mistakes. (hell, maybe I'm the amateur!).

EDIT: I just went through and read of some of what I have wrote... I laughed. I hope you don't tale what I say hostile, but more of a guy who loves DOOM and really appreciates all the work that was done in making all the sprites in the extra animations. I've had to backspace nearly a hundred times on this X4 keyboard...goddamn I''m annoyed.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”