ZBloodX

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Thai-Low

ZBloodX

Post by Thai-Low »

Alrighty folks heres a project that I have been working on for about a week and a half now I been posting in the other "ZBlood" posts with no answer till Crudux Cruo told me to post a new topic page on this seeing as how I have taking "Zblood" and "Zblood+" and put the two together now my coding ain't 100% great so there are some things from both games that still stand. like when loaded up into Zdoom the name of the WAD changes to "ZBLOODX" but the title screen still says "ZBLOOD+" another thing too is that when you go to pic what level of difficulty you want there still is the Doom settings but also the Blood ones are there just underneath it so I mean there is some polish work that will need to be done but thats all being saved for last seening as how you only see that screen once. What I'm after right now is setting the game up so that it looks and feels like the original Blood game. now the work done on the two games have been great just there's one thing I didn't like which was how this WAD felt more like it was worked on hard level design wise but then just slapped together when actually putting in the rest of the game. I mean thanks to who ever made the first Zblood (V4.1 with BludSP1 patch) I was able to beat the game on hard in only 2 days all due to the fact that they just put the hard hitting weapons right on the first level so for right now I'm just weeding through all of this to put the original pick ups in their places also I will be re-doing where all the enemies are because again someone decided it would be smart to put a ton of monsters in levels that don't need to be there. But with this all said here's an over view of what I will be doing.

-going for an original feel of BLOOD (its been said so many times now that I have to do it myself seeing as how this project becomes abandoned even tho everything that is needed is their just needs some polish work)

- all 32 levels from Blood will be in the game (Aside from the fact that some of the expansion levels are in their so I will just keep them in there and do away with Grave to street. Also Un-holy crap will have its name changed to Raw Sewage) also all the levels will be put into their original order like how they were found in blood mind you the expansion levels will replace the less memorable levels.

- Boss battles from the original game will be set into the game also (so you won't be seeing the stone gargoyle, the mother spider, the two headed hell beast or Tchernobog till then. all tho there are a few later levels that feature the mother spider)

So other then that for now thats all I got to say :) and don't think I will be abandoning this build because I want to be able to play blood without DOSBOX but at the same time I like how the Zdoom emulator can help recreate these levels but also be able to put a new almost "Re-boot" style on the original levels :) another reason why I can't abandon this build is because my girlfriend loves the original Blood and was pleased with this doom port she was juts upset by how its close to the original but not close enough also the fact theres only 22 levels and the final boss battle ended on level 18 and when you did finish Zblood and Zblood+ all you got was a late congrats screen after finishing the level shipwreck which was the 9th level in the original blood.
Thai-Low

Re: ZBloodX

Post by Thai-Low »

Alright guys heres a question where would I be able to get some blood sprites that I can use in doombuilder? I'm asking this due to when I try to use sprites from "ZBlood+" it causes glitching with my "ZBloodX" sprites like causing my zombies to become smaller in size another thing I would like to know is how did who ever made "ZBlood+" get the zombies to rise from their graves? is it in the coding?
Hellser
Global Moderator
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Hellser »

Where's the screenshots? :roll:
Thai-Low

Post by Thai-Low »

OOOOOOOOOOH YEAH!!! I will get those up here right now! I knew I was forgetting something! :P
Thai-Low

Post by Thai-Low »

... quick question how do I post pics on here? :P
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Thai-Low wrote:... quick question how do I post pics on here? :P
Use Imgur, they have BBCode tags you can use.
Thai-Low

Post by Thai-Low »

sweet! thank you wild weasel!! :D
Thai-Low

Post by Thai-Low »

http://imgur.com/tiMherA

http://imgur.com/XhPtDqL

http://imgur.com/va2VNH0

theres the images guys sorry about the first post because I didn't set there size and I'm in kind of a rush to keep working on this project rather then just post pictures for this build because posting pics of this build won't get it finished :P
TheMightyHeracross

Post by TheMightyHeracross »

Why not take screenshots of gameplay and link them directly? You used links instead of the actual pictures and took them with your camera.
Thai-Low

Post by Thai-Low »

? that is game play my Zdoom brother I'm using doom builder and was just in the objects mode so that you guys can see that I'm actually working on this :) I've seen lots of in game pics and in the end after they are posted it becomes abandoned.
PFL

Post by PFL »

Missing skills ... print screen - save in paint - upload - copy the direct link - paste it in here - we'll have the actual image of your screen.
Thai-Low

Post by Thai-Low »

again I'm not posting a bunch of pics on here when I'm trying to finish this game so if you guys would just gladly click the 3 image links I have left and stop telling me to actually post them in a message that would be awesome thanks :)
Thai-Low

Post by Thai-Low »

also as you guys can see I left a sorry note on the last post due to when I did load them up to this message board they were too big to view and were just taking up space.
edward850

Post by edward850 »

So let me get this straight; You have the ability to install and use Doom editing tools (and using ZDoom's modding features in general), yet for some reason seem to have the inability to take a proper screenshot, chuck it on an image hosting site, and slap it between [img][/img] tags on a forum? And then call us lazy for calling you out on your cellphone pictures?

Am I the only one who sees an odd disconnect in abilities, here?
Thai-Low

Post by Thai-Low »

yeah so.... I'm still lookin for Blood textures to use in Doombuilder if anyone has them or knows where to get them that would help out alot! :D and please people because I asked about the textures like 2 - 3 hours ago don't respond with "wheres the pics?" I'm getting kinda peeved off with that crap I only started this up so that people who were willing to HELP finish this game knew it was still being worked on. if your only in here to PLAY this then please keep your comments to yourself and I will get the WAD up ASAP :) thank you. and to edward850 are you a fucking retard that can't read? I said I'm in a rush to keep working on this and not to be dicking around posting pics of an unfinished game D:<

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”