Aliens: The Ultimate Doom

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Kontra Kommando

Re: ALIENS: The Ultimate Doom

Post by Kontra Kommando »

Here is a preview of a large map I am working on. Moreover, I have recolored 1,291 sprite frames, to change the color of the xenomorph's blood from green to yellow-ish.
Jake Crusher

Post by Jake Crusher »

Kontra Kommando wrote:I have recolored 1,291 sprite frames, to change the color of the xenomorph's blood from green to yellow-ish.
Sh*t... just how much time did you spend on this?

Overall - awesome, map looks really promising! Please keep us informed if you can, KK!
jdredalert

Post by jdredalert »

Reminds me a bit of your previous map, Starship Konrad. Was it used as base?
Kontra Kommando

Jake Crusher wrote:
Kontra Kommando wrote:I have recolored 1,291 sprite frames, to change the color of the xenomorph's blood from green to yellow-ish.
Sh*t... just how much time did you spend on this?

Overall - awesome, map looks really promising! Please keep us informed if you can, KK!
Took me a few days to fully re-color the blood. The map itself didn't take that long, but its far from finished; it will be 10x bigger.

It will be a e1m1, e2m1, e3m1, and e4m1 replacement. Each episode replaced for Ultimate Doom will feature this same large sprawling map, with different item and enemy layouts, as well as different starting positions. I will name each episode replacement Scenario A, - Scenario D.

Keep in mind, the enemy and item placements are already random, within and of themselves. The placement of the decorate item will be what is different between the senarios. Thus, the layout will be extremely unpredictable. So one scenario might have a section with a wandering Predator, or perhaps a squad of combat droids defending an area. Moreover, not only will keys be placed in different areas, but the contents of what they hide behind the doors will be totally random. Further, the clutter (i.e. box, cones, floor lamps, hand-trucks) spawn from a "spring", in random directions.
jdredalert wrote:Reminds me a bit of your previous map, Starship Konrad. Was it used as base?
Nope, I am building this one up from scratch. I want it to be a sprawling labyrinth of a level; sort of like a Sci-fi futuristic version of the Winchester House.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dy0TnZ_vpk
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winchester_Mystery_House
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

This map looks really good man. Great work on the blood recoloring job as well. You still have your head full of ideas as i can see but again ... don't forget to sleep ;)

Keep it up :D
Jeimuzu73

Post by Jeimuzu73 »

To enhance the experience, this mod is best played with Dark Doom and almost no music, as well as at night in when it's pitch black and no lights are on. :)

One thing though, can you make the music for the mod optional so I can play with the original levels' music?
Kontra Kommando

Here are the new primary attack frames for the xenomorphs. They will do right and left slashes with their claws. I will also create other attack frames, such as a lounging tounge-attack, and a tail attack.

MJ79 wrote:To enhance the experience, this mod is best played with Dark Doom and almost no music, as well as at night in when it's pitch black and no lights are on. :)

One thing though, can you make the music for the mod optional so I can play with the original levels' music?
The official map set will have its own dark sector lighting. The next file I will release will not be intended as a gameplay enhancment mod. Rather, the way I have it set up, is that it will only work with the first doom. There will be only one main level, with some periphery levels that you can travel back and forth from. It will play sort of like a massive Hexen level. Nevertheless, I will always keep the beta of 8.0 around, and will make the new stuff into a gameplay mod.
Jeimuzu73

Post by Jeimuzu73 »

I meant can I play the music of the original levels of a WAD instead of the Aliens music. Also, I run out of ammo very quickly and given that the average map has very few synthetics or supplies, and the lack of a melee weapon, I am basically defenseless even if I find just one mag or shell.
raymoohawk

Post by raymoohawk »

i really like those new sprites :)
enderkevin13

Post by enderkevin13 »

Holy shit this was the longest OP I ever read.

Anyways, gonna try out this mod.
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

Kontra Kommando wrote:Here are the new primary attack frames for the xenomorphs. They will do right and left slashes with their claws. I will also create other attack frames, such as a lounging tounge-attack, and a tail attack.

Image.
I'd like to see a video of these in action.
jdredalert

Post by jdredalert »

Hey KK, if you still want to add headshots or other hitboxes system at some point, but don't want to mess up with Brutal Doom stuff, why don't you check this thread? You'll find it most amusing.
Kontra Kommando

This video demonstrates the latest editions to the mod. Notably, the spawning layout has been drastically changed to take advantage of the species-faction system within the game. Now randomly groups of different species will spawn in packs; in the xenomorph's case, its hordes. Further, I have improved upon the existing faction system so that enemies will not kill each other off screen at the beginning of the level. I have written it so the marine allies can still spawn as friendly, but not disturb the other monsters, without them seeing the player first.

EDIT: The new sprites have not been added yet. The ones in the video are still the older xenomorph sprites but with the blood recolor.
Kontra Kommando

jdredalert wrote:Hey KK, if you still want to add headshots or other hitboxes system at some point, but don't want to mess up with Brutal Doom stuff, why don't you check this thread? You'll find it most amusing.
Thanks, I'll definitely check it out.
Kontra Kommando

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/33767 ... enomorphs/

Alien: The Ultimate Doom is being discussed in Bloody-Disgusting.com

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”