ALIENS:The Ultimate Doom (TC) [BETA 5.6] Runner Preview

For in-development or completed ZDoom projects
Forum rules
Got a cool project idea but nothing else? This forum is NOT for you! Put it in this thread instead!
Please read the full rules for more details.

ALIENS:The Ultimate Doom (TC) [BETA 5.6] Runner Preview

Postby Kontra Kommando » Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:25 am

Imagevia Imgflip GIF Maker

Preview of the Xenomorph Runner.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/829dl ... 5.6%5D.zip

I present to you BETA 5.6

Here is what's been added:

Brand new custom Xenomorph Warrior and Drone Sprites

Brand new custom wall textures, ceilings and floors

Reduction of acid wait time by half

------

I still need to work out implementing the new Colonial Marine Arsenal with jdredalert. Also, I still need to finish off the rest of the residual original doom textures. Moreover, there are still the previous benign loading errors from the last BETA.

I have finished the Drone.

Now that both the Warrior and Drone are complete, all I have to do is cut them out. Expect an update later tonight.

David from Prometheus wrote: A superior species, no doubt.

I have further detailed the face to look even closer to the actual warrior.

Behold, the new Warrior sprite sheet, version 2.

This version is more polished than the last, with subtle, but significant changes to each frame. As you notice, the tall has become shorter, and more old-school interpretation of dinosaurs-like. The head in the front view now has the proper perspective; probably the most radical change to the monster. The side view has a more anatomically correct shape. There are now extra appendages on the forearms. Further, the tail attack come from between the legs; just as perverse and sadistic as the xenos were in the movie. (the blonde from the first film was impaled through her anus, like this off-screen.) Overall, this version is much closer to the movie depiction.

Now to get started on the drone. But first, some Zzzzz.

By tomorrow, I will have Kontra Kommando's Xenomorphs (Version 2) available.

Imagevia Imgflip GIF Maker

POLL CLOSED.

I was never truly quite satisfied with the end result. I've ask others which they think is better, and have gotten mixed results. Version one is the original, and the current spritesheet being used. I think version 2 is more anatomically correct. However, I will leave it for you to decide on if I should change the Warrior, and Drone's appearance. I will leave the flying xenomorphs alone; the older look will help distinguish them further. The poll will be open for two weeks

Hey guy, this is a 15 minute preview of what the progress I've made thus far with the textures. I have not yet finished, but I would like to share what has been accomplished thus far. I still have some work to do, but I don't want to rush it. I want to take my take time to create textures that truly give the Aliens feel. Anyways, I hope you enjoy the video. Feedback is always welcome.

Still working on the texture conversions. I've managed to get through a lot of them. Here is a preview of one of the tech walls I'm replacing.

Here's a preview

Here are some screen shots of my progress thus far. If I keep the momentum going, I may be able to totally convert every single texture in doom to my own custom textures by this weekend.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/i31as ... TA+1.0.zip

I present to you Aliens: The Ultimate Doom (Open-World TC) BETA 1.0

I have simply combined Aliens: The Ultimate Doom (TC) BETA 5.5 with Ronnie42's Doom 1 under 1 level.Version 3: http://www.moddb.com/games/doom-compile-project

I'm proud to say, we were Ronnie42's 666th download for his awesome WAD!

http://imgur.com/SfWXA6G

I have been granted permission to use his WAD as a foundation for an open-world version of the TC.

Moreover, I plan on expanding on the level as well. I would like to implement a system of air vents the player would be able to navigate through in order to access different parts of the base. further, I will in fact be creating my own custom base textures, which will be the next big project I plan on tackling soon. Moreover, I will be including all of the weapons that jdredalert has made, and place them within the level. I was also thinking of creating rouge survivors that could wander around the base, trying to evade the aliens. However, I think they would probably die fairly quickly, so I will need to experiment with that idea. I haven't been able to see if any marines could survived, but I'm certain, that some will. When the game starts up, the death counter starts to rise up; that is the friendly marines fighting the aliens. But I have a plan to get around that. In the meantime, please enjoy this open world version of the game. This was a spontaneous idea of mine. From now on, when I update the regular TC, I will update this one as well.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.mediafire.com/download/u04gp ... 5.5%5D.zip

Finally, BETA 5.5 has arrived!

I hope you will enjoy all of the new additions to the TC. The change has been so significant, it really deserves to be called 6.0; but we have more in-stored for that version! Beta 5.5 is certainly a milestone in the development of this project. As a recap of what has developed during the time between BETA 5.0 and now; we have see several new additions to the project. Sergeant_Mark_IV has given me his permission to utilize his work, and he sent me his version Aliens VS Predator VS Terminator. I have included sounds, and several sprites to fill in some remnants of what needs to be converted to the Aliens universe. The Predator is now the replacement for the Cyberdemon. There are two new colonial marines included as replacements for the blursphere and berserker pack. Further, I have given the drone, warrior, flying drone, and flying warrior a brutalized death, with flying gibs. I have created my own custom gibs, and blood sprites, that are used as lethal projectile xenomorph acid. I have also created a custom HUD, along with custom armor. The ape-suit now make you immune to acid damage for your health, but decrease armor damage still. The colonial marine armor reduces acid damage to health by half. finally, I have created replacements for the story for E1M1, E2M8, E2M8, E4M8.

I still need to implement jdredalert's new update, so this week I will work in coordination with him in organizing the layout of the weapons and pickups. Later this week I will release and addtional update to this WAD; BETA 5.6.

There are some known errors, most notably, i need to fix mapinfo for the episodes. Anything you come across, please tell me, and I will include it for the update.

In the meantime, I hope you enjoy this BETA. I felt it was too much fun to play, to not release it.

[version in video is outdated]

Here is a preview video the next beta thus far. There is still work to be done here, thus this will be subject to change. In the meantime I hope you enjoy this demonstration video.

Spoiler:
Last edited by Kontra Kommando on Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:37 pm, edited 142 times in total.
Kontra Kommando
Space Jockey

Re: Xenomorph Drone [Custom Monster WAD]

Postby Sgt. Shivers » Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:16 pm

Neat, looks really unique compared to the other xenomorph sprites.
Sgt. Shivers

Postby Endless123 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:36 pm

Sgt. Shivers wrote:Neat, looks really unique compared to the other xenomorph sprites.

It is :) he did a very good job with the xeno. I know, i tried it and i love it :)
Endless123

Postby Ixnatifual » Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:53 am

I take it gestated from Marsupilami. :)
Ixnatifual
Complex Hider

Postby Endless123 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:40 pm

Ixnatifual wrote:I take it gestated from Marsupilami. :)

What's making you say that :lol:

I know it's because of the looooooooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng tail right?

Joking aside all the xeno in the movies have a fairly long tail so i think Kontra Kommando wanted to reflect that particularity and we have to admit he did a good job doing so.
Endless123

Postby Kontra Kommando » Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:24 pm

http://www.mediafire.com/download/f...Drone_v_1.1.zip

Here is a link to version 1.1

Endless123 from the zDoom forum brought a couple issues to my attention, and I made some corrections; the Read Me file lists them.
Kontra Kommando
Space Jockey

Postby Kontra Kommando » Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:34 pm

Ixnatifual wrote:I take it gestated from Marsupilami. :)

LOL Well, the Xenomorph can grow up to 7.5 ft tall, and they are even larger long-ways.
Kontra Kommando
Space Jockey

Re: Xenomorph Drone Version 1.1 [Custom Monster WAD]

Postby wolfman » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:56 pm

The link to v1.1 is broken.

Working link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/fs439 ... _v_1.1.zip
wolfman

Re: Xenomorph Drone Version 1.1 [Custom Monster WAD]

Postby Kontra Kommando » Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:38 pm

wolfman wrote:The link to v1.1 is broken.

Working link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/fs439 ... _v_1.1.zip

Yikes! Thanks for catching that!
Kontra Kommando
Space Jockey

Re: Aliens Themed MAP01/Drone v1.2/Warrior Xeno Preview

Postby Kontra Kommando » Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:25 pm

http://www.mediafire.com/download/n...l_One_v_1.0.zip

Attention: This is intended for GZDoom, and crouching will come in handy. Especially, because of the slopes in the corridors.

Attached is a link to an Aliens themed map I have created; the level has the working name of Starship Konrad. It is a medium sized map, with few, but deadly enemies, ,little ammo ,and provisions. This WAD is more inspired by Ridley Scott’s Alien, than James Cameron’s Aliens. Nevertheless, there is more than one Xeno to deal with, unlike the original Alien movie. It is my hope that this map will inspire a sense of reluctance and terror on the part of the player, when venturing into the many dimly little, and shadowy areas. You will hear the sounds of the xenomorph drones skulking in the shadows, eagerly waiting for you to stumble into them. This WAD is a survival-horror, not an action game. You will need to explore the map thoroughly, if you want to have better chances at survival.

This will be version 1.0 of this WAD, as I plan to come back to it, and add even more detail, and custom textures. This is the first level of many, which I plan to create, making this essentially a demo to a larger TC WAD. I also plan on creating a more diverse set of enemies, which will be in a later verison of the map. This includes the facehugger, warrior, chestburster, and perhaps the dog-xeno. I also plan on making the queen, but she obviously won’t be featured on MAP01.

The Xenomorph Drones have been supped up. Their attack range has been increased to 64; their speed increased to 30; and they now have A_Fastchase, which makes them strafe left and right to avoid danger. This is done to make them more becoming of the movie monster they emulate; agile, fast, and lethal.

Version 1.2 of the Xenomorph Drone is included in the Map WAD.

Moreover, take a look at the comparison pic of the Warrior and the Drone. I plan on completing a new sprite sheet for them, and will make them available for download.

Pic
http://imgur.com/ClHpxVr
Kontra Kommando
Space Jockey

Postby Endless123 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:10 pm

Great work on the map and the xenos my friend :D
Endless123

Postby Kontra Kommando » Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:54 am

http://www.mediafire.com/download/n875n ... _v_1.0.zip

Mediafire link was invald again, but it wasn't at first due to the fact that their are downloads in the counter. I don't know what is up with this file hosting site, but this is not the first time this has happened.
Kontra Kommando
Space Jockey

Postby Kontra Kommando » Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:55 am

Endless123 wrote:Great work on the map and the xenos my friend :D

Thanks dude! :D
Kontra Kommando
Space Jockey

Postby -Ghost- » Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:43 pm

Will you borrow the weapons from the other Aliens TC here to get that full Marine experience?
-Ghost-

Postby Kontra Kommando » Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:32 pm

-Ghost- wrote:Will you borrow the weapons from the other Aliens TC here to get that full Marine experience?

Yep, Starship Konrad has a Pulse rifle that shares the same sprites as the one for the 94' Aliens TC, except this version has the quake-style grenade launcher as the secondary attack. Right now there is a slight issue with the version I have included in the WAD (IDK if the author or someone else has fixed it yet); after the gun fires, the lighting-levels go up, and stay that way.

I will also include the Smart Gun for sure in later levels.

I'm not going to include the pistol from the TC, but I think I want to look around for something cool. I was thinking about the 6-shooter revolver, because it has a very satisfying gun shot sound. But Idk if it looks right using it in the future. Nevertheless, it is a classic weapon. If a pump action shotgun is good for Doom's version of the future, I guess a six shooter is permissible in the aliens universe.
Kontra Kommando
Space Jockey

Next

Return to Projects