ALIENS:The Ultimate Doom (TC) [BETA 6.0 & Update News]

For in-development or completed ZDoom projects
Forum rules
Got a cool project idea but nothing else? This forum is NOT for you! Put it in this thread instead!
Please read the full rules for more details.

ALIENS:The Ultimate Doom (TC) [BETA 6.0 & Update News]

Postby Kontra Kommando » Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:25 am

Jd already has mentioned all of these thing in prior posts, but here’s a tally of the updates we can expect to see in BETA 7.0

-New Weapons
-New Classes
-Motion Tracker
-New Enemy Behavior
-Droids will attack Xenomorphs, and vice versa.
-Praetorian Xenomorphs
-Randomized ammo placement
-New Gore and revised Acid-blood system
-New Explosive barrel
-New Sprites and Textures
-New Sounds and tracks
-Sound Track Randomizer
-New Gameplay balancing
-Flashlight
-Dynamic Lighting
-Better performance, cleaner file organization, and massively reduced file size.
I may even be missing something…

Here’s a recap of development events:
Jdredalert, and Sergeant_Mark_IV both created updates to the PK3 file. Currently, jdredalert is in the process of merging the two divergent PK3 files into one bad ass game. I myself am working on converting the rest of the textures for Ultimate Doom, and creating new sprites to be used for the Praetorian. I am also working to create new sprites for various dismemberments. We’re not entirely sure when the PK3 file will be ready. But it will be worth the wait, I assure you. These new updates really make the game seem much more enjoyable to play.

Once this update is complete, and tested by the good people of this forum, I believe it may be ready to become Version 1.0. At that point, the file will be hosted on Moddb.com
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.mediafire.com/download/c27cg ... 6.0%5D.zip

Hey everyone, here is a link to Beta 6.0

I have decided against creating the moddb page for now, as the mod is still not content complete.

There are still some things to be worked out, but I think this build will certainly please a lot of you.

I will try to address the lag issue in lower-end PCs in the next beta. But for now, please enjoy this version.

Spoiler:
Last edited by Kontra Kommando on Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:43 am, edited 155 times in total.
Kontra Kommando
Space Jockey

Re: Xenomorph Drone [Custom Monster WAD]

Postby Sgt. Shivers » Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:16 pm

Neat, looks really unique compared to the other xenomorph sprites.
Sgt. Shivers

Postby Endless123 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:36 pm

Sgt. Shivers wrote:Neat, looks really unique compared to the other xenomorph sprites.

It is :) he did a very good job with the xeno. I know, i tried it and i love it :)
Endless123

Postby Ixnatifual » Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:53 am

I take it gestated from Marsupilami. :)
Ixnatifual
Complex Hider

Postby Endless123 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:40 pm

Ixnatifual wrote:I take it gestated from Marsupilami. :)

What's making you say that :lol:

I know it's because of the looooooooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng tail right?

Joking aside all the xeno in the movies have a fairly long tail so i think Kontra Kommando wanted to reflect that particularity and we have to admit he did a good job doing so.
Endless123

Postby Kontra Kommando » Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:24 pm

http://www.mediafire.com/download/f...Drone_v_1.1.zip

Here is a link to version 1.1

Endless123 from the zDoom forum brought a couple issues to my attention, and I made some corrections; the Read Me file lists them.
Kontra Kommando
Space Jockey

Postby Kontra Kommando » Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:34 pm

Ixnatifual wrote:I take it gestated from Marsupilami. :)

LOL Well, the Xenomorph can grow up to 7.5 ft tall, and they are even larger long-ways.
Kontra Kommando
Space Jockey

Re: Xenomorph Drone Version 1.1 [Custom Monster WAD]

Postby wolfman » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:56 pm

The link to v1.1 is broken.

Working link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/fs439 ... _v_1.1.zip
wolfman

Re: Xenomorph Drone Version 1.1 [Custom Monster WAD]

Postby Kontra Kommando » Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:38 pm

wolfman wrote:The link to v1.1 is broken.

Working link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/fs439 ... _v_1.1.zip

Yikes! Thanks for catching that!
Kontra Kommando
Space Jockey

Re: Aliens Themed MAP01/Drone v1.2/Warrior Xeno Preview

Postby Kontra Kommando » Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:25 pm

http://www.mediafire.com/download/n...l_One_v_1.0.zip

Attention: This is intended for GZDoom, and crouching will come in handy. Especially, because of the slopes in the corridors.

Attached is a link to an Aliens themed map I have created; the level has the working name of Starship Konrad. It is a medium sized map, with few, but deadly enemies, ,little ammo ,and provisions. This WAD is more inspired by Ridley Scott’s Alien, than James Cameron’s Aliens. Nevertheless, there is more than one Xeno to deal with, unlike the original Alien movie. It is my hope that this map will inspire a sense of reluctance and terror on the part of the player, when venturing into the many dimly little, and shadowy areas. You will hear the sounds of the xenomorph drones skulking in the shadows, eagerly waiting for you to stumble into them. This WAD is a survival-horror, not an action game. You will need to explore the map thoroughly, if you want to have better chances at survival.

This will be version 1.0 of this WAD, as I plan to come back to it, and add even more detail, and custom textures. This is the first level of many, which I plan to create, making this essentially a demo to a larger TC WAD. I also plan on creating a more diverse set of enemies, which will be in a later verison of the map. This includes the facehugger, warrior, chestburster, and perhaps the dog-xeno. I also plan on making the queen, but she obviously won’t be featured on MAP01.

The Xenomorph Drones have been supped up. Their attack range has been increased to 64; their speed increased to 30; and they now have A_Fastchase, which makes them strafe left and right to avoid danger. This is done to make them more becoming of the movie monster they emulate; agile, fast, and lethal.

Version 1.2 of the Xenomorph Drone is included in the Map WAD.

Moreover, take a look at the comparison pic of the Warrior and the Drone. I plan on completing a new sprite sheet for them, and will make them available for download.

Pic
http://imgur.com/ClHpxVr
Kontra Kommando
Space Jockey

Postby Endless123 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:10 pm

Great work on the map and the xenos my friend :D
Endless123

Postby Kontra Kommando » Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:54 am

http://www.mediafire.com/download/n875n ... _v_1.0.zip

Mediafire link was invald again, but it wasn't at first due to the fact that their are downloads in the counter. I don't know what is up with this file hosting site, but this is not the first time this has happened.
Kontra Kommando
Space Jockey

Postby Kontra Kommando » Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:55 am

Endless123 wrote:Great work on the map and the xenos my friend :D

Thanks dude! :D
Kontra Kommando
Space Jockey

Postby -Ghost- » Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:43 pm

Will you borrow the weapons from the other Aliens TC here to get that full Marine experience?
-Ghost-

Postby Kontra Kommando » Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:32 pm

-Ghost- wrote:Will you borrow the weapons from the other Aliens TC here to get that full Marine experience?

Yep, Starship Konrad has a Pulse rifle that shares the same sprites as the one for the 94' Aliens TC, except this version has the quake-style grenade launcher as the secondary attack. Right now there is a slight issue with the version I have included in the WAD (IDK if the author or someone else has fixed it yet); after the gun fires, the lighting-levels go up, and stay that way.

I will also include the Smart Gun for sure in later levels.

I'm not going to include the pistol from the TC, but I think I want to look around for something cool. I was thinking about the 6-shooter revolver, because it has a very satisfying gun shot sound. But Idk if it looks right using it in the future. Nevertheless, it is a classic weapon. If a pump action shotgun is good for Doom's version of the future, I guess a six shooter is permissible in the aliens universe.
Kontra Kommando
Space Jockey

Next

Return to Projects