AvP 2.0 - JDREDALERT's Edition WIP Is Out For Testing !!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
jdredalert

Re: Aliens vs Predator 3.3

Post by jdredalert »

I already have the claws and the tail sprites. Would much like need the mouth sprites and i could do a single-weapon killer xenomorph player class.
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

jdredalert wrote:I already have the claws and the tail sprites. Would much like need the mouth sprites and i could do a single-weapon killer xenomorph player class.
Good, keep me posted :)
jdredalert

Post by jdredalert »

Smile!

Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

jdredalert wrote:Smile!

Geez i just realized something ...
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Nice smile :mrgreen:
jdredalert

Post by jdredalert »

Now i have the most basic assets needed to create the Alien. Gonna try make it faithful to the early AvP games incarnations :P

And... the rest is gonna be inbox ;)
Endless123

Re: Aliens vs Predator 3.3b

Post by Endless123 »

3.3b released :D

See first post for a list of changes and the download link

As usual here is the link for those who just want the link : Aliens vs Predator 3.3b

Video preview

This is the last update of 2014 but this mod will have a major revamped overall in 2015 so be sure to stay tuned :D
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

Here is a little something for you guys to show you what to expect in 2015 :D
Spoiler:
Thanks to jdredalert there would be more stuff to come and thanks to his expertise with sounds and other stuff I'll be able to release an AvP-like Doom mod with more than one class and more :D.

More to come in January 2015 so stay tuned :)
jdredalert

Post by jdredalert »

Oh, i'm flattered!
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

jdredalert wrote:Oh, i'm flattered!
You deserve it my friend, even if there is still lots of stuff to be done i reached a major breakthrough thanks to you :D
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

Last update of things to come in 2015. The following video is a gameplay of the Alien :D

As you see it's nothing too complicated to control :P

More changes are to come in 2015 and you still can play 3.3b while waiting for the next release ;)

CREDITS : All the Alien sprites are from jdredalert, thanks man :D
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

Will you be doing different enemies for the Alien? It seems a little weird for it to be infighting against its own kind like that.
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

Yes that's intended.

The Alien player will face normal Doom monsters along with some WY solders and synthetics
The Predator player will face the actual Alien enemies already in the mod
The Marine will face a mix of Aliens, WY solders and some Predators as bosses.

All enemies will be randomized including the bosses for a renewed experience at every play. I'm trying to find a way to have both the randomized enemies(already done obviously) and specific enemies for each class(still haven't figured out how) so if you know a way to do that don't be shy and tell me ;)

A lot more changes will be done in 2015 at a point the mod would be barely recognizable.

Well that's the plan :lol:
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

Good call, the normal Doom enemies should work fine for the alien. It'll be satisfying to rip through a horde of pinkies as a xeno. :P What sort of abilities will you be giving it? It'd be interesting to have weapon/armor pickups as sort of evolutionary catalysts that cause the xeno to grow heavier armor, heavier attacks, acid spit, etc. AVP Evolution and Colonial Marines both had a decent list of extra abilities for them if you need ideas. Your stealth system would work well with it too, since the Alien relies on stealth even more than the predator does.
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

For the Alien there is absolutely no pickups because he is a survivor ;) See his skills :

1 - Normal attack - standard claw attack
2 - A pounce attack - strong attack but not accurate - can be used to escape surrounding enemies
3 - Acid spit(not implemented yet) which will be devastating but at some HP expend
4 - Bite attack which heals the Alien by the same amount as the damages it does
5 - Tail attack - very strong attack (for now the attack is with a acid ball shot - see the video - but it won't be there in the final version)

As for the marine he gets his own pickups and as for the Predator, well he keeps his weapons and stuff as always.
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

I see your reasoning, but I'm just worried that might get boring if you're trying to run through a megawad or something with more than just a few levels and have pretty much nothing to do other than kill stuff. There'd be no sense of progression, since you'd just start out powerful and get weaker each level as the enemies get tougher but you stay the same.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”