AvP 2.0 - JDREDALERT's Edition WIP Is Out For Testing !!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Endless123

Re: Aliens vs Predator - An other poll added !

Post by Endless123 »

Here some news about the upcoming version 1.3

First, i decided to replace the Predator HUD with the Alternative HUD(PMSX-Style).

Secondly, i'm presently testing some modifications on the xeno drones and warriors to solve the state-lock occurring sometimes when they are injured. Hopefully the modifications would get rid of this bug.

Third, I haven't completely abandoned the idea of a campaign version but due to my limited skills at mapping i'll need skilled mappers to help me if i want the campaign version to become a reality. If you are interested pm me.

I'm also testing some projectile features to make the plasma caster and the smart disc more efficient at seeking targets without being a pain like before.

This mod is in a polishing and tuning/balancing phase now. AvP Revised 1.3 would be released as a complete mod instead of a patch for a better integration of the new stuff and to avoid having to load multiple .pk3 to play.

That's all for now.
-Ghost-

Re: Aliens vs Predator 1.2(Polishing Phase)

Post by -Ghost- »

Sounds good, too many patches can make mods a bit confusing to use. A campaign would be cool, but I agree that it's better to get this working as well as possible first.

EDIT: That new PSMX style HUD is cool, but it doesn't seem to extend all the way out for widescreen resolutions. Is it possible to make it go all the way across? I'm running at 1600x900.

This is just personal taste, but I think the mod could use a bit more blood and gore as well. The Predator and Aliens kill people pretty horrifically, ripping people in half, shredding them, ripping limbs off, etc. One of my favorite things about JDAlert's mod is actually the gore, like the smart disk cutting enemies in half, decapitation enemies with your wristblades, etc. Sometimes it's a subtle thing, but it really makes you feel powerful when you get up in there to melee. Sorry if some of that is already in there and I just haven't had it happen yet, still playing around with the different classes and weapons.
Last edited by -Ghost- on Wed May 27, 2015 9:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

-Ghost- wrote:Sounds good, too many patches can make mods a bit confusing to use. A campaign would be cool, but I agree that it's better to get this working as well as possible first.
Yeah i think so too. I will also update the PSX AvP Doom version as well. The No Aliens patches should still work with 1.3 since they only remove the aliens and don't change anything graphically.

EDIT : That's because the HUD frame is ACS dependent(the black background) and everything else is displayed with SBARINFO and it doesn't scale the graphical elements it only position them following the locations in SBARINFO.

This could be a good feature to add to SBARINFO, being able to scale the images used as graphical elements would be extremely handy and a lot more easier than doing it via ACS.
This is just personal taste, but I think the mod could use a bit more blood and gore as well. The Predator and Aliens kill people pretty horrifically, ripping people in half, shredding them, ripping limbs off, etc. One of my favorite things about JDAlert's mod is actually the gore, like the smart disk cutting enemies in half, decapitation enemies with your wristblades, etc. Sometimes it's a subtle thing, but it really makes you feel powerful when you get up in there to melee. Sorry if some of that is already in there and I just haven't had it happen yet, still playing around with the different classes and weapons
There is a bit of blood already implemented but nothing like in jd's mod. That's something i'd like to do with the mercs and the synths and of course i think i'll need jd's help for that. However I can't ask for his help right now because he is already busy with his own mod but that's something that is part of my "polishing phase" plan.
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

Small update

Smartdisc and Plasma Caster projectiles are now more efficient at seeking, tracking and hitting the enemies.

The zoom have been re-implemented on the smartdisc.

The modifications made to the xeno drones and warriors seemed to have solved the state-lock problem so both versions of the mod would be released with those modifications.

Both AvP 1.3 and PSX AvP Doom v1.3 would be released once i finish the testing - probably for the next weekend.

EDIT : Work in progress ...

Endless123

Re: Aliens vs Predator 1.3 Released(Polishing Phase)

Post by Endless123 »

AvP 1.3 and PSX AvP 1.3 released !! See first post for more info and the download links.

or if you already know the changes and only want the links here they are :

AvP 1.3

PSX AvP 1.3

Both are already patched with all the previous fixes so no need to use anything else to play.

have fun :D
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

Small update

I implemented 2 modes for the Plasma Caster. Now it will have "Free Shot" which means the projectile will not seek any target and will not alters its trajectory to find one. The "Seeker Shot Mode", like the name implies, will seek the closest target available and will alters its trajectory toward it. It needs more testing but so far it's working. I will post a patch as soon as i'm sure it's working perfectly.

Also i'm thinking about removing the red thermal vision of the Predator since even me don't use it while i play so if you want it to stay now it's the time to express yourself :lol:

That's all for now :)
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

Ok ladies and gentlemen here it is, a small add-on with the modified Plasma Caster functionality.

What this one does ...

Simply add 2 firing modes to the Plasma Caster and add a customizable key to toggle it on and off. Also to know which mode is used a small line is displayed at the top right of the HUD at all time - as long as the Plasma Caster is selected of course.

--- Free Shot Mode : As i mentioned in an earlier post the Plasma Caster projectile won't seek any target while using this mode allowing more direct hits on far away enemies but making it hard to handle with charging enemies.

--- Seeker Shot Mode : Well that one will seek the enemy that is the closest of the player. It's really handy with charging enemies but can be a pain if the player's target is far and some enemies are between the player and the target.

I think those 2 modes complete each others and fill the weakness of the other because where the first one is almost useless the other one is particularly good.

Since it's the only change this little patch does it's not indispensable for the mod to run. I just wanted to give the player the choice without having to release the entire mod for a 15k change.

I tested it extensively and it's working flawlessly so you shouldn't run into any bug because of it. It works with AvP 1.3 only and not PSX AvP 1.3.

And now the link : 2-Modes Plasma Caster for AvP 1.3

Have fun :)
jdredalert

Post by jdredalert »

I made something similar to the plasma caster here on my end, but here the seeker shot is fired automatically when you got the target locked on.

Also, what about the maps? Are you still willing to release them?
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

jdredalert wrote:I made something similar to the plasma caster here on my end, but here the seeker shot is fired automatically when you got the target locked on.

Also, what about the maps? Are you still willing to release them?
Maps aren't my forte i'm afraid that's why i'll need more help to make them. So i guess i can say that the campaign version is delayed until i'm better at mapping or till someone lend me a hand.

I'm still planing to do a campaign version. I just don't want to release a crappy one.
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

Small update

After a long break i resumed working on this project.

About the PSX AvP Doom :

I got rid of the red signs with the yellow "!" appearing at the place of some enemies on all maps. However i'm still unable to figured out why some enemies stop moving (and are invincible while they don't move). I noticed those enemies unfreeze after a random amount of time. Since all the enemies have the same scripts than AvP 1.3 and that problem never shown up while playing AvP 1.3 i guess the problem is on the PSX side. If anyone has any clue about what's could cause that tell me. Meanwhile i will still try to fix it.
Endless123

Re: PSX AvP Doom 1.3 Revision 1 released

Post by Endless123 »

Small update:

PSX AvP 1.3 revised version(r1)

PSX AvP Doom 1.3r1

NOTE : If at launch the tittle doesn't show this : "PSX AvP Doom v1.3 Revision 1 (Thanks to Fenderc01)" it means you don't have the corrected version.

Please be sure to have to corrected version before posting bug reports.

Also, sorry about the size of the file but unfortunately the patch i made didn't integrated well and to be honest it was a total mess.
Last edited by Endless123 on Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Endless123

Re: PSX AvP Doom 1.3 Revision 1

Post by Endless123 »

I noticed i haven posted the change log for this one so here it is

1 - As i mentioned before the red signs are gone(if you noticed some remaining red signs tell me but they should be all gone)
2 - The xeno eggs have been added and are spawning correctly
3 - Weapons and ammos are now spawning correctly as well(in the old version they were sometimes spawning as red signs)
4 - The random spawner for the ArchVile in the original AvP Revised 1.3 has been integrated into PSX AvP, meaning a random enemy is replacing the bloody chain(that was replacing the ArchVile because the PSX version of Doom don't have any ArchVile)
5 - The enemies freezing and impossible to kill now unfreeze after awhile - unfortunately it's still a bug i can't fix ... not yet anyway.

That's all
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

Small update on the progress for the normal version(Not the PSX AvP version)

Stuff done so far ...

#1 - Remodeled Predator HUD

With the Predator Digits

Normal Digits.

#2 - Predator Default HUD Frame removed

As you might have noticed the remodeled HUD is showing the ammo remaining directly under the crosshair instead of showing all remaining ammo of all the weapons. Now only the selected weapon display ammo. The default HUD however is showing everything relevant for the gameplay.

I'm also thinking about making a new HUD for the Marine or to bring back the old one with some modifications for the default HUD. The 2 other HUDs would remain the same ... mostly :P

Any questions, comments and suggestions are welcomed :)
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

Small update

I added something new for all 3 types of synthetics

It's still not perfect but i think it's a good start :P

Note that the resolution is 1680x1050 60FPS with forced 4:3 ratio, normal widescreen ratio just make it looks odd :P

More to come soon :D

As always comments, suggestions and opinions are welcome :)
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

Gameplay video of the Marine class with some new changes

Changes include :

1 - Re-arranged HUD - with the good old health monitor
2 - Re-balanced ammo spawning
3 - Xeno class received a small nerf for basic attacks
4 - All attacks of the Xeno class now receive the same boost from the Xeno Instinct Booster
5 - The Predator class starts with the cloak generator
6 - The randomized weapon for the Predator class has been removed
7 - The Xeno class overall resistance have been lowered for a more challenging play

Other upcoming changes :

1 - The mercs will randomly spawn facegugger - still experimental
2 - Buff some enemies attack like the Super Runner and the Predator Boss
3 - Buff the helpers attacks (The big green Xeno and the green Predator)

That's all for now.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”