AvP 2.0 - JDREDALERT's Edition WIP Is Out For Testing !!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Tomicapo

Re: (WIP) Predator Beta 7

Post by Tomicapo »

CHUPAME LA PIJA
Last edited by Tomicapo on Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Endless123

Re: (WIP) Predator Beta 7

Post by Endless123 »

Thanks but i still have a lot to learn before i can help anyone modding their mods and to be honest even if i have learn a lot since my first mod i still have lots of troubles creating my own weapon sprites with their animation and a suitable targeting animation like in the AvP games and movies before locking-on a target. My artistic skills are kinda limited :lol:

However if i can be any help about something you wonder how i did it in my mod i'll be glad to explain it :)
Endless123

Re: (WIP) Predator Beta 8

Post by Endless123 »

Beta 8 is out !!

See the first post for more details about the changes and the download link :)
Pixel_Crusher

Post by Pixel_Crusher »

I gave your Predator a mod a shot and found it to be quite promising. Thinking about doing a mod where you get to play as a Xenomorph as well someday?
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

Pixel_Crusher wrote:I gave your Predator a mod a shot and found it to be quite promising. Thinking about doing a mod where you get to play as a Xenomorph as well someday?
Maybe but the gameplay might be a bit problematic since the xeno don't have a long range attack and that would make a close range attacker only. Kinda hard to fight against hordes of long range gunners and of course against cyberdemons and spidermastermind when you can only hit them when you get near them.

I might give it a try someday.

BTW thanks for the feedbacks:)
Pixel_Crusher

Post by Pixel_Crusher »

Endless123 wrote:
Pixel_Crusher wrote:I gave your Predator a mod a shot and found it to be quite promising. Thinking about doing a mod where you get to play as a Xenomorph as well someday?
Maybe but the gameplay might be a bit problematic since the xeno don't have a long range attack and that would make a close range attacker only. Kinda hard to fight against hordes of long range gunners and of course against cyberdemons and spidermastermind when you can only hit them when you get near them.

I might give it a try someday.

BTW thanks for the feedbacks:)
You're welcome =), I haven't found any bugs so far while using Plutonia.

Regarding the Xenomorph mod, if close ranged attacks are the problem, I believe there were xenomorphs (not sure if the Drone or Warrior) capable of spitting acid from long distances.

Aside from that, in Aliens vs. Predator (the 2010 Rebellion game), you could pounce on long ranged attackers instead of stealthing them and then kill them while they lied vulnerable on the ground (you still would have to get close to them though).

Alternatively, you could play as a facehugger whose resulting offspring would inherit the attacks of some enemies, but that would be a coding and design nightmare. :P
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

Yeah i remember those xeno spitters. Playing as one of them might lead to some hilarious fights :lol: I played a mod a few months again with a doomguy long range attack was a throw up attack(vomit with style i'd say) :lol: I don't remember the name of the mod but with a little graphical replacements to replace the hands for xeno claws and change the vomit color and i think it could be a good start for a playable xeno.
Endless123

Re: (WIP) Predator Beta 8(Poll Open)

Post by Endless123 »

Hot Fix available

See first post for more infos and download link.

Also i added a poll
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

Due to my desire to make this mod more compatible and appealing i decided to rework the HUD once more so it won't be as disorganized as before at low resolutions.

Here is the results
Spoiler:
Those changes will be present in the next release.
LostSkull

Post by LostSkull »

Looks much more clean now. :)
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

@Poll: I would say get rid of that overpowered spam cannon as it does not exist in Predator lore. :lol:

Beta isn't too bad so far. Though the Xenomorphs were pretty overpowered, and at the same time cloaking made the MOD really freakin easy.

I would like to see more actual Predator weaponry, and maybe the use of Military Combat Suits (Blazer and Hydra Preadtors).
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

Valherran wrote:Beta isn't too bad so far. Though the Xenomorphs were pretty overpowered, and at the same time cloaking made the MOD really freakin easy.
The xenos are strong to compensate for the strong predator's weaponry. As for the cloaking making it easy, well try hadephabia or any other overpacked wads and you'll see the cloaking isn't that useful :lol:

I'm thinking about getting rid of the chaingun for quite some time now but i made the poll to know if the chaingun is wanted or not.

As for adding more predator's weaponry, i'm sure you noticed i have some really limited artistic skills when it comes to weapon sprites and i haven't find any good sources for the predator's weapons. I'd like to add a smartdisk or a combistick but i don't have proper sprites for those and unless i find some good ones i'm a bit stuck with the actual arsenal.

Thanks for the comments :)
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

Another progress update

Here is the new reworked Zoom

Available only with the normal HUD (the one at 1024x768)

Not much but i think it's better than the old one
ObsessedWithMODs

Post by ObsessedWithMODs »

What can I say? Absolutely BADASSES!!

Wait don't tell me, you gonna make an Alien Mod next so we can also play as the XenoMorphs right?

Oh yes, please do so.

I am dying to see and experience a new AvPvT Mod of some kind.

Only this time we get to play as the Aliens, Predators, as well as the Terminators rather than just the Doom Marine or rather modded Doom Marine into a Terminator which was how it was in those old AvPvT "Partial" Conversion patches. But hey there were engine limitations and such at the time so it was understandable.

One other thing will we get class systems eventually for Predators? Something such as Hunter, Warrior, or Elder? Different Preds play differently? Maybe they can be used in place of difficulty settings instead?
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

Before thinking about a predator class based with different arsenal and stuff i think it would be wise for me to actually complete one predator first :lol: But i might give it a shot after i at least complete the "main" predator arsenal.

The alien mod is not planned for me right now, besides the aliens i use in this mod are the one Kontra Kommando created and he is planning to make an doom wad in the Alien universe and i'm afraid if i make an alien mod it could shadowed the one he is making now and i don't want that. if you want to have a preview of his work go here

Kontra Kommando Xenomorph Thread
http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=45213

to see his thread or download his map featuring his aliens here
http://www.mediafire.com/download/n...l_One_v_1.0.zip

His work is really awesome and after playing his map i'm sure you'll understand why i don't want to make an alien mod for now and i don't want to be an obstacle to his mod development.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”