AvP 2.0 - JDREDALERT's Edition WIP Is Out For Testing !!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Endless123

Re: AvP 2.0 - JDREDALERT's Edition

Post by Endless123 »

JimpArgon wrote:Ok, a few quick questions about the Alien class.

1. Is there a possibility for wall crawling like they do in all the AVP games? Is that possible to code in the doom engine?

2. Any chance in a head bite attack? Like sneaking up on the 2 soldiers in the start of Doom 2, be able to head bite them and receive a small amount of health.

3. Is there any chance in coding a tail whip stun attack like in the AVP2 game?

Sorry to be bugging you about the "bug".(get it?) Its just I would like to know if this has been considered/possible to do in the doom engine.

Thanks
1 - I don't know but what i know is in Project Brutality the Imps are moving pretty much like xenomorphs while walking on ceiling. As for applying this to the Praetorian class i don't know if it's possible because a class isn't considered the same way as the regular monsters. Maybe it's possible but for now i don't know how. It doesn't mean i won't try it but for now the priorities are to finish the weapons and animations of the Marine and Predator classes.

2 - The head bite is already part of the Praetorian class - it's triggered by the "Zoom" key ;)

3 - jd is in charge of the Praetorian because he is the one who created it. For my part i don't think it's in his plans but he will have to answer it.

Don't worry you are not bugging me :lol:
jdredalert

Post by jdredalert »

1- As far as i know, it's impossible to walk on the walls in the Doom engine. You can walk on the ceiling and use a few hacks to turn the camera upside down, but it won't be the same and wouldn't be worth the time invested.

2 - Press the Zoom key (or if you don't have a Zoom key set, go to the options menu, in the controls tab and set one).

3 - I'm open to the idea. I can even rip the alien arms and tail from AvP 2, if that's the case.
JimpArgon

Post by JimpArgon »

jdredalert wrote:1- As far as i know, it's impossible to walk on the walls in the Doom engine. You can walk on the ceiling and use a few hacks to turn the camera upside down, but it won't be the same and wouldn't be worth the time invested.
That's ok man. I was just wondering if it was even possible.
jdredalert wrote: 2 - Press the Zoom key (or if you don't have a Zoom key set, go to the options menu, in the controls tab and set one).
Noted.
jdredalert wrote: 3 - I'm open to the idea. I can even rip the alien arms and tail from AvP 2, if that's the case.
Oh hell ya! That would be awesome.

You guys rock. Keep up the good work.
shotfan

Post by shotfan »

Nice going guys!
I have a suggestion (as usual :) ) for Predator Warlord: make him turn invisible when he changes the attack patterns. It could be justified by him having so good cloak that it remains intact even when firing from Plasma Caster. The cloak would not really make him invisible, of course, but make him harder to spot while he is jumping away and you are busy evading a barrage of plasma he unleashes, which may be critical in him landing a nasty hit at you, and that would demand from you to focus on his actions very closely to avoid getting smelted.
jdredalert

Post by jdredalert »

It will. I actually forgot to implement the cloaking system before recording the video.
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

Small update - yep we are still alive :P

Seriously here is what's new.

First a short video showing the new auto-mode crosshair for the smartgun.

So what do you think?

That's all i have to report for now :)
JimpArgon

Post by JimpArgon »

Looking very good. :thumb:
shotfan

Post by shotfan »

Do not worry, have not forgotten about you :wink:

I have no firm opinion on new Smartgun's interface. The old one grew a bit on me, but the new one is simpler and cleaner. I guess it is an improvement.
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

Small update.

For the Matine class the new changes are :

1 - New graphics for the motion tracker

At 1024x768

And at 1680x1050

I made it by modifying a picture of a real-life motion tracker i found. It's still not perfect but it's still a prototype but i'd like to know what you guys think about it.

2 - New battery system for the flashlight. The flashlight no longer recharge itself and works with collectable batteries. Those batteries can be found randomly on a map and can also drop from some enemies like the synthetics. Here is how it looks in game.

Also i replaced the old battery graphics with a new one.

Now please take note that jd and I are putting the dev of this mod on hold for september because he will be extremely busy for this month(return to school, job and all) and i have a loaded month myself so don't expect any other updates for september. The mod's dev should be resumed in october.

Thank you for your time :)
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

Right on, thanks for letting us know.
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

This isn't an update but i thought it's worth to be mentioned.

I just noticed that the AvP 1.3 r1 just reached the 700 downloads on MediaFire so ...

GREAT THANKS to all of you who support me and enjoy this mod. I never thought this mod would be successful enough to even reach 300 downloads much less 700. For me it means a lot and I can assure you that jdredalert and me are working to make this mod even better.

Of course i wouldn't had reached this mark without the help of many peoples like Kontra Kommando and his aliens, jdredalert and his CM weapons, Blue Shadow for helping me with the problems i had with the HUD and so many other modders who helped me solved many issues i had with ACS and all.

So great thanks to all of you :D

Spoiler:
Evilfish6666

Post by Evilfish6666 »

Just posted this in the Spriting carnival and thought I'd throw it your way too.
I'm also doing the Aliens Motion Tracker at some point if you fancy that instead?
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

Evilfish6666 wrote:Image
Just posted this in the Spriting carnival and thought I'd throw it your way too.
I'm also doing the Aliens Motion Tracker at some point if you fancy that instead?
Traditionally the motion tracker in this mod is on the HUD and not an on-demand tool like in CM. However i'm not closed to change that in the future because to be honest i'm far from being satisfied with the current motion tracker graphic and i'm sure jd feels the same so of course if there is new graphics for the motion tracker they would be considered.

Thanks for letting me know :)
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

Short update. Yep we are still alive :P

First here is a short video of the progress so far. Keep in mind that some of the stuff in this video are still WIP and could change.

You would noticed a small anomaly ... at some points in the video i seem to be doing nothing. In fact i was explaining stuff without having noticed that my mic was muted :P Look at the bright side, you won't be traumatized by my voice :lol:

If you have any questions let me know.

On a side note the dev will resume for good in Novembre so there won't be much updates till then. Sorry for the delays but there is nothing jd or me can do about it. #reallifematters :P

Thank you for your patience :)
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

That marine HUD looks way better, great job! Was there health regen in there, or did you use an item?

Return to “Gameplay Mods”