AvP 2.0 - JDREDALERT's Edition WIP Is Out For Testing !!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Endless123

Re: (WIP) Predator Beta 9.1(Poll Open)

Post by Endless123 »

Doctrine Dark wrote:Thanks for taking me doubts and also for your patience. I noticed something else, it was the same bug terminator at level 2 Plutonia, the ice plasma does not open the secret passage bridge shot in the wall, I got through that part as the predator jumping high jumps. Is to take the Plasma Fire before?
Odd, i added the "+CANPUSHWALLS" and "+ACTIVATEIMPACT" on all the projectiles of my mod including the Ice Plasma Caster ... i will investigate it right away.

Thanks for the report :)
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

It's fixed now. I had to create a dummy projectile to solve the problem but everything is fine now.

I won't release the fix yet, i want to complete the claws animation first because i have to tip those from screenshots and manage to do a fluid animation. If enough people ask for me to release it without the claws animation i might do it though.

Estimated time before next release ... at least 6 days because of the smart disk, the in-game sprite of AvP2 isn't really big and if i rip this one and then put it in doom we will only see the round upper tip of it. I need a longer predator arm to extend it far enough for the player to see it properly.
Doctrine Gamer

Post by Doctrine Gamer »

Endless123 - "Estimated time before next release ... at least 6 days ..."

do not worry about the time, the important thing is that he is getting great, cool and fun to play :D
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

Thanks :) I think i'll release it as soon as the claws animation will be ready because the smart disc is gonna take a lot of time i'm afraid. I might try to rip an other smart disk from a game other than AvP2 because the one of AvP2 is kinda small and won't permit bobbing.

I'm also thinking about releasing 2 versions, a normal one and an easy one. The normal one with stuff making the game hard (or at least fairly challenging) like everything that heals removed(only the spheres remain), the return of the energy drained while using the cloak, lower damage on all weapons and all weapons alerting the enemies and more - the easy one for those who just want to kick some demon's ass and wanting to give some paybacks to the monsters who killed them so often. Just like in Beta 9.1 with all healing stuff and of course without the little bugs :lol:
Doctrine Gamer

Post by Doctrine Gamer »

I like the easy version for a casual fun in Plutonia on higher difficulty levels but I'll take the normal version when I want challenges.

Ever thought of the possibility of also creating versions with Xenos and one without them?

It is because the Predators do not hunt only Xenomorphs but anything that gives them challenge. In DOOM the demons would have good hunting for Predators.
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

Agree but don't you think the Predator won't be too overpowered for the normal doom monsters? I toned down the damages for the next release (Beta 9.2) and the tests so far indicate that it will be more challenging that way with the aliens but still a piece of cake against all non-aliens monsters.

BTW if you want to play without the aliens you can delete the alien wad if you want and it will not cause any error but honestly i prefer with the aliens, it's more challenging due to their speed and damage ratio. With them we constantly need to be careful because they can kill us in no time and faster than a bunch of chaingunners. I might start a poll to know what the others are thinking of both the idea of 2 versions -normal and easy- and your suggestion to remove the aliens from the mod.
Doctrine Gamer

Post by Doctrine Gamer »

'"Agree but don't you think the Predator won't be too overpowered for the normal doom monsters?"

In this case I think you're right, it would be too easy and not have to start a poll. better stay like this.
Endless123

Re: (WIP) Predator Beta 9.1(New Poll Open)

Post by Endless123 »

Results for the poll

The chaingun will not return to the Predator's arsenal.

New poll open :)
Doctrine Gamer

Post by Doctrine Gamer »

by the amount of votes will have no more easy version :cry: I even like to play with super powerful characters in Plutonia.
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

well there is still a week before the final vote so keep hoping :D
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

I voted both, however it would be cool if one version consisted of modified Doom Monsters, and the other with different Xenomorphs.
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

Progress Update

The predator claws animation is finally complete along with the Trans-Regenerator(Accumulator new name) and both spearguns

here is some screenshots
Spoiler:
The Ice Plasma Caster plasma ball animation (while under the Hunter's Moon effect only) has been reworked a little for visual effect purposes

Also each time the predator's attack gibs an enemy it triggers the predator's laugh

Most of the weak enemies now drop one or more of the following :

Spear - most of the time (250)
3 Spears - sometimes (100)
1 rocket - rarely (25)
Hunter's Moon/Backpack - extremely rarely(1)

Now Cacodemons and Spectres have a gib animation :

They simply vanish like if they were thrown in the void - (i like it simple but i will probably rework that one later)
The Aliens are gibbing normally but triggering the predator's laugh in the process.

All those changes will be included in Beta 9.2
Doctrine Gamer

Post by Doctrine Gamer »

getting this amazing, I am very happy with the progress of this mod. :D
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

Doctrine Gamer

Post by Doctrine Gamer »

Remembered something .... the easy and normal mode, could be unified as different classes of Predators.

Easy Mod: a more experienced Predator Hunting prey more easily (so be "piece of cake" of course)

Normal Mod: a inexperienced Predator with more difficulty performing hunted (so it must be difficult)

So would the two modes in the same mod. The problem with this would be to create weapons for different classes.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”