AvP 2.0 - JDREDALERT's Edition WIP Is Out For Testing !!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Endless123

Re: AvP 2.0 - JDREDALERT's Edition

Post by Endless123 »

-Ghost- wrote:That marine HUD looks way better, great job! Was there health regen in there, or did you use an item?
That's one thing i was explaining in the video but as you know i fucked it up a bit so let me explain it.

There is a new cheat i added that is basically a health/armor/ammo regeneration. When HP are above 100 the regeneration is slow but when it's bellow the speed is doubled. It's not enough to keep reckless players alive and be invincible but at least it's a little help for the casual players because there is lots of maps that are not having much health packs and this cheat is made to compensate for unfair maps.

One thing that might not be obvious from the video is the new HUD part at the bottom right has a variable transparency that can be adjusted manually with a new key. Also i made the extra infos on by default for the Marine but as i shown in the video pressing the "i" key removes them. For the predator it's the inverse, the little extra infos(map name, difficulty and time) are off by default. I made some key-pairing that i shown in the beginning of the video to show them. The default key for both the extra infos for the Predator class and the transparency adjustments for the Marine class is "b". Of course it can be changed to any other key.

I hope it helps and thanks for your comments :)
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

Small update
Nov 19th, 2016

A new fire mode has been added to the Pulse Rifle and a "special function" key has been assigned to use it. It's a short 5-shots burst

Goods:

- it's more stable than the regular firing mode
- more precise
- useful to takedown humanoid enemies
- economy of ammo

Cons:

- make the player vulnerable to fast moving enemies like the Drones and Warriors because of the delay between the bursts

Short video of the mode in action

Questions, comments, opinions are welcomed :)
shotfan

Post by shotfan »

Short, controlled bursts indeed :wink: Should work perfectly to dispose of mercs.
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

That HUD is looking nice too.
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

Valherran wrote:That HUD is looking nice too.

It looks way better at higher resolutions though. For now i'm using the 1024x768 (4:3 Ratio) that's why it looks a bit compressed but at 1680x1050 it looks way better and clearer.
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

Small update

I added some glow for skulls and keys, tell me if it's ok or too much

Blue Skull and Key

Yellow Skull and Key

Red Skull and Key

Also the flare is a bit more brighter and will illuminate a small to medium area instead of only a small corner of a small area. I made it less common too so it won't be useless.

I'm starting to work on the a grenade-like charge with 2 modes - grenade mode which will be like an ordinary thrown grenade and the charge mode that will be a mine-type of explosive. That way the same explosive will be usable for different tactics.

That's all for now. More updates soon :)
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

Short update + Poll

First the update. I unified some more keys to have even less keys used so the player won't have to use the whole keyboard to play. I adjusted the glow radius of the keys and skulls - they were too bright.

Now the poll

It's about the Plasma Caster

Should the Plasma Caster be always usable like in AvP 2010 (without being previously selected) or should it stay a separate weapon that needs to be selected before using it?

I'll compile the results next Sunday(Dec. 18th)

Vote in number :)
-Ghost-

Re: AvP 2.0 - JDREDALERT's Edition - New Poll !!

Post by -Ghost- »

I think keeping it a separate weapon would be best. I've always viewed it as something powerful in the Predator's arsenal that he uses sparingly and generally sets up in advance. I'm not sure what you mean by new sprites though, would that be a new arm sprite for his forearm control of it?
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

-Ghost- wrote:I think keeping it a separate weapon would be best. I've always viewed it as something powerful in the Predator's arsenal that he uses sparingly and generally sets up in advance. I'm not sure what you mean by new sprites though, would that be a new arm sprite for his forearm control of it?
It's been suggested to me that a plasma caster like the one jd is using in his predator mod or like i was using in the early version of this mod would be better looking than the current sprites. It also been suggested to me the possibility to be able to use the plasma caster anytime without having to select it once it's been picked up. I've done some test in the past to see how it could be done but i abandoned this idea until recently when it's been suggested to me again. That's why i made the poll.
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

Ah, okay. Yeah, in that case I'd say leave it as a regular weapon, that means one less extra keybind too.
shotfan

Post by shotfan »

I also voted for the Plasma Caster being a seperate weapon slot. It is too powerful to be accessible via hotkey. Leave it as it is.
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

Small announcement ladies and gents
Spoiler:
See ya soon for some more updates :)
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

Short update.

First i finished coding the explosive grenade/mine and here is a video of what is more like a "proof of concept" to show the mechanic of the new explosive. I'm also showing the new key arrangement and cheat list

The way the explosive works is twofold

1 - Grenade mode : just a normal grenade with a 5 sec delay before explosion
2 - Proxy mine that explode if an enemy come too close to it - explosion can also be triggered remotely by pressing PGUP - can also be shot. Note that it will now explode until an enemy or the player triggers it by walking too close to it or detonating it remotely.

The sprites aren't definitive of course and there is still no suitable animation - for now i'm using the "throw flare" animation(or lack of animation :lol: ) Also don't mind me too much in the video because at the moment of recording i was kinda sleepy and a bit confused :P

Other than that the poll seems to indicate that you people are satisfied with the plasma caster as it is but there is still 2 days before the end of the poll so it could change. Be sure to vote because every vote counts :D

Finally, unless jd gives me any reasons to think otherwise, this mod won't be completed before x-mass or even for the new year. There is a lot of stuff to work on and it's all sprites-related and as you know jd is in charge of the new sprites and he is doing his best - that's a lot of work for one person (so jd if you read this SEND ME SOMETHING TO DO :P )

Thanks for your great support :)

More update soon :)
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

Poll over:

results 83% for keeping the current Plasma Caster without any further modifications

So the Plasma Caster will remain the same.

Thanks for everyone who voted :)
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

Here is a short update

First, i added a new functionality to the Predator HUD. Basically it's a visual warning for low health

Caution health indicator

Critical health indicator

Also i will release 2 predator hud add-ons

Blue-Icy Them

Bloody-Red Theme

More to come in a few days.

Thank you for your patience and your support :D (the AvP 1.3r1 just reached the 1200 downloads !! Amazing guys great thanks :D)

Return to “Gameplay Mods”