AvP 2.0 - JDREDALERT's Edition WIP Is Out For Testing !!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Endless123

Re: Predator Real Final Released !

Post by Endless123 »

Maybe he removed it for some reasons only him knows about. I still have it somewhere amongs the tones of mods i've downloaded so far. If i had his permission i could upload it and post the link. However if he removed his own work he probably don't want it to be downloaded anymore.
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

Last Final Update

I just made a fix for all the remaining Doom monsters. With this fix they won't vanish anymore.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/46tx6 ... h/MFix.pk3
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

I decided to add a few more things to my Predator mod so here is another update

First i modified the HUD a bit
Spoiler:
The other changes are :

1 - Improved accuracy for the SmartGun
2 - Improved SmartDisc
3 - Fixed missing sounds for the Combi-stick
4 - Maximum spears ammo increased
5 - Shield regeneration improved
6 - Included the MFix.pk3 (the fix solving the monster vanishing bug in the RF version).
7 - A few more configurable keys in the option menu for the 2 new radars

About the radars ...

A big one
Spoiler:
And of course a smaller one
Spoiler:
Both radars can't be activated at the same time. If one is already active it will be deactivated automatically if the other one is turned on. Also both radars have the same functions as cybermind's radar.

Download link - Predator Mod Radar Edition

Have fun :D
Endless123

Re: Predator Real Final Released - Radar added and more !

Post by Endless123 »

Ho man i promised myself to stop working on this mod but guess what? Yep here i am with another update :P

What i changed is the following

1 - Revamped HUD now compatible with widescreen resolutions
2 - The cloak is affected by ANY liquids (check the video to see)
3 - I replaced the default claws with jdredalert's Heavy Predator claws - Why? Because they look cooler of course :D
4 - The Smartdisc no longer vanishes when hitting a liquid on the floor or any non-bleeding actors like torches and lamps.
5 - The Smartdisc is back to its dependency with boosters(the more boosters collected the more bounces it does)
6 - The Claws has a chance to freeze an enemy if a critical hit is scored.
7 - The Speargun is more powerful
8 - No more health regeneration after picking up a booster(Hunter's Moon) but the shield and energy regeneration remain
9 - The energy is depleting faster while cloaked
10 - The shield regenerates while being cloaked but is slower to regen. Once again the more boosters collected the faster it will refill
11 - No more enhanced resistances to acid and slime
12 - I lowered the predator's laugh rate after he gibbed an enemy
13 - The boosters drop rate have been increased a little, not by much so don't expect to reach the limit of 10 for normal map size.

Here is a small preview of showing some of the changes in-game

here is the link:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/9kg3w ... onRev2.pk3
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

Would you be able to update the xenos to match the Aliens mod ones?
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

-Ghost- wrote:Would you be able to update the xenos to match the Aliens mod ones?
I could but i don't think i'll do that because i want to keep the aliens in my mod as different as possible of the new ones Kontra created. That way both mods will have something different to offer. I'm not excluding the possibility to update the aliens one day if there is enough demands and of course if Kontra agrees but for now the aliens will remain the same.
Endless123

Re: Predator Radar Edition Rev.2 + Poll

Post by Endless123 »

Poll added

BTW here how it looks like at 1280x1024(5:4 force ratio)
Kontra Kommando

Post by Kontra Kommando »

Endless123 wrote:
-Ghost- wrote:Would you be able to update the xenos to match the Aliens mod ones?
and of course if Kontra agrees but for now the aliens will remain the same.
Always feel free to use any of my stuff when ever you'd like. (Also, feel free to change it in anyway you find suitable) :)

And as always, fantastic work on the predator wad! :D
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

Kontra Kommando wrote:
Endless123 wrote:
and of course if Kontra agrees but for now the aliens will remain the same.
Always feel free to use any of my stuff when ever you'd like. :)

And as always, fantastic work on the predator wad! :D

Depending on the poll results i might add some or all of your new aliens.

And for those wondering how this mod looks like widescreen, here is a little video i just made at a true widescreen resolution of 1600x900(16:9)

Endless123

Re: Predator Mod dev resumed !

Post by Endless123 »

I'll try to make it short - i decided to resume the dev of this mod

Things to expect in the future:

Old Aliens will be replaced by Kontra Kommando new Aliens(Aliens's gore included)
Implementation of the randomized Aliens placement system
Some further improvements of the HUD
Major weapons tuning

For now i'm planning to only add the Xenomorphs enemies and not the synthetics ones. One step at a time because i have to adapt the current radar and alerted enemies systems and it's a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng process.

Later today i'll upload a video on youtube to show the modifications made so far and i still need to solve a few errors zdoom is spitting out at launch and after i fixed that i'll release a version for testing purposes and only after that i might add the synthetics.

EDIT : Here it is - recorded widescreen 1600x900(16:9 ratio)

Comments welcome :)
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

Looks good, the added gore will really help that melee combat feel more satisfying. Throw in some good, meaty sounds for melee hits and it'll be perfect.
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

-Ghost- wrote:Looks good, the added gore will really help that melee combat feel more satisfying. Throw in some good, meaty sounds for melee hits and it'll be perfect.
I think that too. I still haven't added everything i wanted so far(for now the random laugh when an enemy is gibbed is not functional yet and to add some variety i need jdredalert's permission to use his predator sounds) I also need to balance the gameplay because for now even the Master Predator(which is the Nightmare difficulty) is kinda easy with the weapons doing too many damage. Also i need to make the acid a bit more effective while it's on the floor because as you probably noticed in the video it's not doing much damage. However in a sewer-like map with slime , blood or lava everywhere it kills the predator REALLY quickly so i think i'll put back the radsuit to provide some protection because some maps are just impossible to complete without it.

In short i'm still in the tuning process.

BTW thanks for the comments :)
jdredalert

Post by jdredalert »

I always wondered why you don't rename your mod as Aliens vs Predator... :p
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

jdredalert wrote:I always wondered why you don't rename your mod as Aliens vs Predator... :p
Mod renamed ;)
Kontra Kommando

Post by Kontra Kommando »

Endless123 wrote:
jdredalert wrote:I always wondered why you don't rename your mod as Aliens vs Predator... :p
Mod renamed ;)
This is awesome! Feel free to implement the incoming content I have planned for as well. I plan on updating the synths, and making them gib like the aliens. the rest of the monster will gib like them as well.

Eventually, I would even like to create a predalien as well.

EDIT: maybe make the predators from A:UD friendly monsters in the game?

Return to “Gameplay Mods”