AvP 2.0 - JDREDALERT's Edition WIP Is Out For Testing !!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
JimpArgon

Re: AvP 2.0 - JDREDALERT's Edition

Post by JimpArgon »

I'm willing to wait for a polished finished product no matter the time it takes.

I wish you the best of luck, and do keep us posted on the update progress.
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

Are you still working on your Hellspawn Hunter predator mod, JD? That one was pretty fun, nice and simple too.
jdredalert

Post by jdredalert »

No, the hellspawn hunting season is closed for a while. In fact, i'm using some assets from that mod here. I may work on it again someday, but i'm kinda lacking motivation for it for a long time. There's a lot of things there that i would like to recreate from scratch... i think it's better to keep on this one for now (Also, i remember that Endless was about to cancel AvP a few months ago when i offered him a hand, and that's why i'm so motivated to give my best here to inject new life on a pal's work. Hellspawn Hunters can wait, this is more important to me).
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

Yep and that's why i put your name in the title. For me it wouldn't be fair to only put your name on the credits page while you are basically the architect of this build. As for Hellspawn i hope that you will work on it one day because i really enjoy it and i'm not the only one :)

Now some small update - not much but i remodeled the Predator's HUD once again. I know what you are thinking- "what? that HUD is modified again? It will become confusing !" And you are not wrong. With all the new stuff added so far there is some explainations i have to do to explain the HUD - even if some elements are obvious like the life bar some other elements could be puzzling so here is my litle explaination of the Predator HUD.

The current Predator's HUD with all icons active

HUD With All My Litle Explainations Of Each Elements:

Notice that biohazard icon at the top right - it's animated when the hazard protection is active. When it's inactive the icon is red without animation.

NOTE : That screenshot is a 1024x768 resolution - this is the minimum resolution this mod supports without having the HUD screwed.

If you have any questions about this HUD or anything else about this mod just ask and i will reply as soon as i can.
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

Wouldn't it be easier to make a lot of those icons hidden when they're not applicable? Like for hazard protection, if it's off it could just not show up at all, to save on space. The HUD looks nice, but I think it's approaching information overload.
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

-Ghost- wrote:Wouldn't it be easier to make a lot of those icons hidden when they're not applicable? Like for hazard protection, if it's off it could just not show up at all, to save on space. The HUD looks nice, but I think it's approaching information overload.
It's more like a hazard indicator that is animated when the hazard protection is on. The red icon is to show there is no active protection - kinda like a "caution - corrosive stuff ahead" kind of icon. There is no more icon to add to the HUD and as i mentioned earlier it's at 1024x768 which is a really low screen resolution. Obviously it doesn't seem overloaded at higher resolutions. Besides the icons look cool :lol:
JimpArgon

Post by JimpArgon »

I have a question, is predator going to have a vision cycle like in both AVP & AVP2?

I like the hud look btw. 8-)
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

JimpArgon wrote:I have a question, is predator going to have a vision cycle like in both AVP & AVP2?

I like the hud look btw. 8-)
The Predator already has 3 vision modes - red, green and blue thermal visions.
JimpArgon

Post by JimpArgon »

lol whoops. I think pred was the only one I havnt yet played with. Thanks for the heads up.
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

JimpArgon wrote:lol whoops. I think pred was the only one I havnt yet played with. Thanks for the heads up.
NP, BTW i suggest if you have to 1.3 version and you never played the Predator class you should check the custom controls because there is a bunch of keys to configure in order to take adventage of this class. The cloak, vision modes, super jump, sneak move, smart disc modes, speargun modes, cancel zoom, Predator lure enemy sound, recall smart disc, hack lock doors, use health shards, toggle laser sight on/off and scanner sweep(map revealer). The 2.0 will have some more functions added to this list. The Predator class is the most complex one because it has so many functions and stuff that it can't be played properly if the keys aren't configured properly.

Thankd for your comments :)
JimpArgon

Post by JimpArgon »

Endless123 wrote:The Predator class is the most complex one because it has so many functions and stuff that it can't be played properly if the keys aren't configured properly.
You aint kidding. Your talking to an ex- AVP2 online player.

Although I loved playing as predator in the campaign. Online was a different story. I mained Alien and Marine. :mrgreen:

Anyways, good to know. I will probably finally get around to checking out that class and assign the proper keys so I can get the most out of the experience.

Good luck with this project.
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

Thanks JimpArgon, if you have anymore questions don't hesitate.

NB: About the AvP 2 online you are absolutely right. I don't know if it was me being bad with the predator class or maybe it was because i tried to play it the same way i played it in campaign but online play implies other players not fooled by the predator's tricks and i always ended up being decimated :lol: I was pretty good with the Alien class. For some reasons i never liked the marine class because it's the weakest of all when direct damages are taken. Of course it had a good firepower but if caught be surprise it was the easiest class to kill.

Anyways thanks again for your comments :)
JimpArgon

Post by JimpArgon »

Endless123 wrote:For some reasons i never liked the marine class because it's the weakest of all when direct damages are taken. Of course it had a good firepower but if caught be surprise it was the easiest class to kill.

Anyways thanks again for your comments :)
Radar was the key to success... :mrgreen:

And no problem man. I love AVP so this is a project I will be following VERY closely.
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

JimpArgon

Post by JimpArgon »

Ok, a few quick questions about the Alien class.

1. Is there a possibility for wall crawling like they do in all the AVP games? Is that possible to code in the doom engine?

2. Any chance in a head bite attack? Like sneaking up on the 2 soldiers in the start of Doom 2, be able to head bite them and receive a small amount of health.

3. Is there any chance in coding a tail whip stun attack like in the AVP2 game?

Sorry to be bugging you about the "bug".(get it?) Its just I would like to know if this has been considered/possible to do in the doom engine.

Thanks

Return to “Gameplay Mods”