AvP 2.0 - JDREDALERT's Edition WIP Is Out For Testing !!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Endless123

Re: Aliens vs Predator 1.4

Post by Endless123 »

Some update.

First the screenshots

Secondly the revamping is well underway despite the fact both jd and me are busy in our real life and that's why it's taking that long.

The new rocket launcher will have 2 modes, normal and lock-on mode. as for the shotgun it has the "ironsight" feature like the pulse rifle. Many other changes have been made in the gameplay, enemies behavior, sounds and more :D

To-do list before release:

1 - The sniper rifle replacement
2 - Weapons animations
3 - Integration of new enemy(ies)
4 - Classes balancing
5 - Weapon balancing
6 - Enemies balancing and behavior adjustments
7 - Addition of "eye candy" special effects
8 - Maybe more depending on how fancy jd and I will feel :P

Hopefully the next update will be a video or some more screenshots of jd's great work on the sprites.

That's all for now :)
jdredalert

Post by jdredalert »

I can only say that something big is coming. Big enough to the new version to be called 2.0 and not 1.4. A lot of things are different, a lot of things will change and some new features are also coming.

It may take a while, but good things takes time to be done.
Endless123

Re: Aliens vs Predator 1.4 - soon renamed 2.0 :P

Post by Endless123 »

jdredalert wrote:I can only say that something big is coming. Big enough to the new version to be called 2.0 and not 1.4. A lot of things are different, a lot of things will change and some new features are also coming.

It may take a while, but good things takes time to be done.
What 2.0 already? Damn it means i'll have to rework the menu screen ... wait what am i complaining about.
Spoiler:
jdredalert

Post by jdredalert »

Some news:

We are working in some new enemies for the next update. One of them is the Predalien. Here's a quick neak peak:

Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

jdredalert wrote:Some news:

We are working in some new enemies for the next update. One of them is the Predalien. Here's a quick neak peak:

Hey who gaves you my picture? Now i will be recognized everywhere :P

Seriously good work :) What would i do without you i wonder.
Kontra Kommando

Post by Kontra Kommando »

Predalien looks awesome! Great weapons update too.
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

Nice use of the FEAR 2 shotgun, I love seeing FEAR stuff in mods. Is that replacing the original shotgun, or is it a new weapon? One day it'd be great to see someone put it all together and just make a proper FEAR mod.
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

-Ghost- wrote:Nice use of the FEAR 2 shotgun, I love seeing FEAR stuff in mods. Is that replacing the original shotgun, or is it a new weapon? One day it'd be great to see someone put it all together and just make a proper FEAR mod.
It's replacing the AvP2 shotgun. As for a weapon mod made with FEAR weapons only i agree with you it would be awsome, FEAR weapons are all looking great.
Kontra Kommando wrote:Predalien looks awesome! Great weapons update too.
Thanks to jd the sprites revamping job looks great. He created the sprites sheet and i did the crop and offsets correction job. Not much for me to do but my spriting skills being legendary bad i prefer to leave this job to jd :lol:

Thanks for your comments guys :)
jdredalert

Post by jdredalert »

@Ghost

That's a replacement of the old AvP 2 shotgun, Ghost. we thought the weapons needed new faces and a re-balance, so every single weapon will look and/or feel different from previous versions. Also, as you can see from above, the zoom/aim down sights function is no longer a Pulse Rifle exclusive. This will probably be added to other weapons as well.

About FEAR 2 sprites, it's a shame that we don't see more of them around. It would be nice to see a mod using those.

@Kontra Kommando

Thank you pal. It was made using some of your early xenomorph sprites for the body and mouth, and parts of Blade3327 Predator, so i'm glad you liked it.
ShawnLG

Post by ShawnLG »

I do not want to be rude but I think using as background movie that tried to merge those both genres and failed is a bad idea. Why not predator or alien alone? Why make a mistake a t start and make a bad movie gain popularity from mod?
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

ShawnLG wrote:I do not want to be rude but I think using as background movie that tried to merge those both genres and failed is a bad idea. Why not predator or alien alone? Why make a mistake a t start and make a bad movie gain popularity from mod?
A little late to the party huh :P

This mod is more than 2 years old in dev now. At the begining it was a predator-only mod with no aliens or custom enemies - just the predator and some weapons. As time goes by and my understanding of how to code and the providential help of many modders i have been able to put up a decent predator-marine-aliens hybrid mod like the AvP games but with a more modest setting. The current build in dev is almost exclusively jdredalert's works on the sprites with me doing some coding and sprite crop job to help jd. I also designed the HUDs of all 3 classes.

I know the AvP movies wasn't that good but this mod is more based on the AvP games which were really good and i think Doom fits well with a predator/aliens themed mod.
Big C

Post by Big C »

ShawnLG is one of the recent hacked accounts, BTW.

Anyway, you may return to your regularly scheduled broadcast now.
jdredalert

Post by jdredalert »

Yeah, it looks like the hackers found their way here to our thread.
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

Small update

First the mod is renamed AVP 2.0 - JDREDALERT's Edition - Reason : As i said before he is the one doing most of the work and for me it's a way to acknowledge his immense contribution to this build.

Secondly the 2.0 is because this build will have so many new sprites, weapons, enemies, gameplay mechanics and sounds that it won't be logical to call it 1.4 since it's a major leap ahead in term of content. Not to mention there is a special addition, a surprise jd told me he'd work on for this build.

Also, i kinda lost tracks of the name to credits and i really don't want to forget anyone so i'd like you guys if you had contributed with sounds, sprites etc and your name isn't on the credits on th first page of the thread please notify me with a description of your contribution and all that will added to the credits. This mod is over 2 years now and i really want to credits everyone who helped me make this mod.

Thanks for your time :)
durbdoogle

Re: AvP 2.0 - JDREDALERT's Edition(former AvP 1.4)

Post by durbdoogle »

This is looking really good :) I have a very silly question though. Is the 2.0 available to download already? I didn't see a link for it in the first post. The latest appears to be for 1.3rc1. I might just be blind though. :oops:

Return to “Gameplay Mods”