AvP 2.0 - JDREDALERT's Edition WIP Is Out For Testing !!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Endless123

Re: Aliens vs Predator Mod dev resumed !

Post by Endless123 »

jdredalert wrote:Well, the frames might be the same but those weapons could work in a total different manner. I don't know yet, since i'm on "vacation" from the DEORATE :P And i got a sad surprise today, my desktop pc is down... it might take some time to fix it because it just refuses to turn on again, i don't know what is happening. But i might figure something out.
if your PC is not even reacting when you press the power button it's most likely to be your power supply unit that no longer working(RIP power supply :lol: ). Meaning you have to spare something between 40$(a very cheep one) and 100$(a very good one). Of course you can spend more but why pay 300$ for a power supply when you can have a very good one at 100$ :lol:
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

Kontra Kommando wrote:Also, fantastic work on the demo! I can't wait to see this mod in the future. But in the meantime, I will try to make a playthrough video of the demo and post a link to your mod.
Thanks but if you make a playthrough don't play Hadephobia with this mod unless you want to die often :P

Also thanks for the comments :)
jdredalert

Post by jdredalert »

It reacts when i push the power button, but it only shows video when it wants. The video board seems dead and the onboard video sometimes works, sometimes don't not to mention that one of my OS is not booting anymore (i'm always using dual boot pcs because of that). It was fine the last time i used it two weeks ago, and now it's all weird. I wish i could just throw it out of the window. It would make me feel a lot better.
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

sounds more like your motherboard is going to die soon ... and replacing it won't be cheep. If your pc is receiving bad AC it could have damaged it or it could also be simply your motherboard has reached the end of its life(old age :lol: )When a motherboard has problems like that many signs like the HD fails to update your parameters in Windows when you turn off or restart your pc, lots of black screens, virtual memory error messages, random shutdowns, restarts and/or what looks like the suspend mode but without any reaction when the keyboard or the mouse is used and the only way to have the system back up again is to do a hard reset by holding the power button.

Now before one the the moderators or admins warn us about being offtopic we could resume that conversation through pms if you want.
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

Small update

I modified the acid and smoke animations. In short i made the smoke looks foggy and the acid stays less longer on the floor. I also raised the damage the acid does while on the floor.

All weapons are now doing a bit more damage because i think i lowered them too much last time.

Here a short video of the changes

Note that those changes will only be included in the next release and aren't included in the downloadable file mostly because i want to add a few more things in the next release.
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

Ho man poor you, yet another update :P

This time i added a sneak mode to allow the player to get close to the Aliens with less chance of being detected. The following video is showing this mode in action - slow-mo action :lol:

And now for those like me who don't like the search for the download link here it is ;P

Aliens vs Predator (WIP Demo 2)

You can download it without fear because i won't have the time to make any further modifications until next week. Till then i'll be keeping an eye on the forum's threads but since i won't be using the same pc i am using now i won't be able to work on this mod. But don't worry i'll be back in business in no time :lol:

As always comments and feedbacks are welcomed :)
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

Good idea, I was never sure how/if the xenos can really detect a cloaked predator. I know they can in the games with certain vision modes, but dunno about the movies or other lore.
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

Unfortunately in zdoom there is no such things as true stealth for the player. The cloak seems to reduce the range the monsters can spot the player but they still can see him if he is walking normally or running. However by moving slowly - combined of course with the cloak on - they seem to almost ignore the player until he gets really close. That's why i added the sneak mode. The Predator is a stealth beast so it makes no sense to make him walk or run all the time and have no slow walk of some sort.
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

New update !!!

See first post for more infos and the download link :D

NOTE : If like me you just want the link -= Click Here =-
Kontra Kommando

Post by Kontra Kommando »

Endless123 wrote:New update !!!

See first post for more infos and the download link :D

NOTE : If like me you just want the link -= Click Here =-
Can't wait to check it out when I get home from work!
Doctrine Gamer

Post by Doctrine Gamer »

How do I leave the info to the normal HUD ? With me this appearing of the predator numbers and not real numbers. :shrug:
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

Doctrine Dark wrote:How do I leave the info to the normal HUD ? With me this appearing of the predator numbers and not real numbers. :shrug:
Simple

Default Doom HUD is replaced by Predator HUD with normal numbers
Fullscreen HUD is replaced with Predator HUD with predator numbers
Empty HUD is replaced with Predator HUD with normal numbers

In short only the fullscreen HUD has predator numbers. Use "-" or "+" to change to the HUD you want to use.
Doctrine Gamer

Post by Doctrine Gamer »

My god how I am inattentive, had not even thought about it . Thank you .
I noticed now that the Predator takes damage when falling in toxic environments but they are not immune to these things ?
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

Doctrine Dark wrote:My god how I am inattentive, had not even thought about it . Thank you .
I noticed now that the Predator takes damage when falling in toxic environments but they are not immune to these things ?
In previous versions (RF and older versions) the Predator was immune but the gameplay was too easy so i removed the immunity to make it more challenging. That's why i added the radsuit with extra armor protection.

Also the shield has 2 purposes

1 - Provides complete physical protection - it absorbs all physical damages and the player's health decreased only after the shield reaches 0
2 - Serves as a timer for the cloak while the player walks on hazards floors(this include the Aliens acid pools) and when it reaches 0 the cloak automatically turns off.

After picking up the radsuit there is an extra 999 armor but even if the shield reaches 0 the protection against hazards remains till the end of the level. The screen blue tint is the indication of that protection is active.
Doctrine Gamer

Post by Doctrine Gamer »

Thanks for the Help Endless. :thumb:

Return to “Gameplay Mods”