Predator Real Final Released !

For in-development or completed ZDoom projects
Forum rules
Got a cool project idea but nothing else? This forum is NOT for you! Put it in this thread instead!
Please read the full rules for more details.

Predator Real Final Released !

Postby Endless123 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:17 am

WARNING, SOME FEATURES WILL WORK ONLY WITH THE DEVELOPMENT VERSION OF GZDOOM

Here where to get it : http://devbuilds.drdteam.org/gzdoom/

Download the one at the top of the list

Hello guys and girls,

I wanted to play Doom as a Predator for awhile and there is no mod around where i could play as the Predator instead of the usual doomguy marine. Of course there is some good AvP mods like AvPvT (which is really fun to play) but none of them is offering to play as the Predator.

Due to my limited artistic skills there is some oddities in this mod and i apologize in advance in case it could irritate someone.

Note that the HUD is set to be displayed at a resolution of 1024x768 and lower resolution might result in the HUD not being displayed correctly.

Weapons are

Hunter's Claws
Plasma Caster(the shoulder cannon of the Predator)
Spear Gun
Plasma Blaster (rapid fire type wrist weapon)
Smart Disc
Combi-Stick
NEW Cloak Generator

/////////////////////
// Predator Real Final //
/////////////////////

As for the previous version there is 2 versions of my mod

Download links :

Normal Version
http://www.mediafire.com/download/jtxqb ... atorRF.pk3

Foggy Version
http://www.mediafire.com/download/vhar7 ... rRFFog.pk3

RF changes

1 - Difficulty adjusted once more
2 - Added an indicator showing if the monsters are alerted or not - can be toggled off at anytime - as requested by -Ghost-
3 - All enemies, including all original Doom monsters not replaced by custom ones, have randomized search time
Great thanks to jdredalert coding i was able to adapt his codes to apply to all the monsters in my mod :D
4 - Added a weapon possessed array - can be toggled off at anytime as well.
5 - Reduced the alpha of the cloak effect - it's more discrete now

Predator Real Final Preview
Spoiler:

Have fun :D

All feedbacks welcome :)

_________________________________________________________________________________

Previous SP2-r5 changes
Spoiler:

Have Fun :D

Feedbacks are welcomed :D
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Big thanks to Kontra Kommando for letting me use his custom enemies, I really appreciate it :D

Check his Aliens : The Ultimate Doom mod (this one will be awesome :D)

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=45213

And speaking of great mods, check his Terminator mod, it's a mod with A LOT of potential :D

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=46128

And his Xenomorphs Custom Monsters mod

http://www.moddb.com/games/doom/addons/ ... orphs-v-11

All quality stuff so don't miss them :D

Enjoy !!

As always if there is any bugs you noticed just tell me and i'll do my best to fix it :)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Suggested maps to play with my mod :

Sergeant_Mark_IV Jungle map
http://www.mediafire.com/download/d4f78 ... z/kdij.zip

Spoiler:

This map from Kontra Kommando he just released
http://www.mediafire.com/download/5b3ur ... _v_1.0.wad

Kontra Kommando Xenomorph Tread
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=45213

Have fun :)

Previous version :
Spoiler:

Not Co-Op friendly !!!

Reason : Well it's a predator and predators are jumping fairly high and it could brake map gameplay
_________________________________________________________________________________

Credits :

jdredalert : For his technical help, his SmartGunner, his laser sight(modified Zero Tolerance single dot version)
Great thanks to jpalomo for letting me use his coding for the monster's health bar of the Predator HUD
Lukas2288 for the claws <-- no longer in use but i think it's fair to keep him on the credits anyway
Tomicapo for telling me about the claw's creator
Jekyll Grim Payne for helping me solving the seeker projectile weird behavior
SigFloyd for his minigun sprite and sounds - no longer in use but i'm keeping him on the credits anyway
Blue Shadow for his help with my HUD once again :D
Kontra Kommando for his awesome Xenomorphs and Custom Enemies :D
Mike12 for the original Revenant Missile Launcher from which i customized some details for the PlasmaCaster
Sergeant_Mark_IV for his Plasmagun that served as base for the SpearGun <--no longer in use but i keep him anyway
amv2k9 for pointing me a way to make my Predator laugh at enemies when they gibed :D

If you see anything that belongs to you or to someone you know and you don't see the name in the credits list please notify me and i will add him/her to the list. I try to keep tracks of all the credits and make an accurate list but i don't know all the stuff everyone made so help me keep the credits list as updated as possible by notifying me so to list would be as accurate as possible. Thanks for your contribution :)
Last edited by Endless123 on Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:36 am, edited 90 times in total.
Endless123

Re: (WIP) Predator Beta 1(Poll Added)

Postby Endless123 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:14 pm

Poll Added
Endless123

Postby Tomicapo » Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:34 pm

I need to say this mod is very promising so far i like your job!! Its awesome!! :)
Tomicapo
Im a Badass

Postby Endless123 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:35 pm

Tomicapo wrote:I need to say this mod is very promising so far i like your job!! Its awesome!! :)

Thanks but to be honest there is still A LOT of work to do to make it a good Predator mod.
Endless123

Re: (WIP) Predator Beta 2(Poll Added)

Postby Endless123 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:31 pm

Beta 2 is out :D

See first post for more infos
Endless123

Postby Endless123 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:28 pm

Just to keep you updated about the progress

I added a zoom to the PlasmaCaster and reworked the HUD once again.

screenshots :
Spoiler:

Those changes will be added in Beta 3
Endless123

Postby Kontra Kommando » Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:15 pm

Wow, this look excellent!

What better way to kill my Xeno drones :wink:
Kontra Kommando
Space Jockey

Postby Endless123 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:15 pm

Kontra Kommando wrote:Wow, this look excellent!

Yeah i agree :lol:

Speaking of aliens, i'm planning to add some in my mod so do you mind if i use yours? Of course i'll add your name in the credits if you are agree.

BTW I'm also looking for more versatile claws(good predator's claws with a good animation seem to be rare - Lukas2288's claws are cool but the animation set is limited. I'm trying to rip the forearms of the predator of my AvP2 but i'm far from being successful to be honest.
Endless123

Postby Kontra Kommando » Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:28 pm

Endless123 wrote:
Kontra Kommando wrote:Wow, this look excellent!

Yeah i agree :lol:

Speaking of aliens, i'm planning to add some in my mod so do you mind if i use yours? Of course i'll add your name in the credits if you are agree.

BTW I'm also looking for more versatile claws(good predator's claws with a good animation seem to be rare - Lukas2288's claws are cool but the animation set is limited. I'm trying to rip the forearms of the predator of my AvP2 but i'm far from being successful to be honest.

Yes, I would be honored to have my xenomorphs included into your WAD! I'm also making the warrior and the queen. The dog-xeno is going to be tough, but I'm going to give it my best. Once I've completed them, you can use them too, if you like.
Kontra Kommando
Space Jockey

Postby Endless123 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:02 pm

EDIT : It's done :D Your Xenomorph Drone now replaces all Imps :) Your name is now added on the credits :D
Endless123

Postby Kontra Kommando » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:49 pm

That is awesome! I can't wait to play!
Kontra Kommando
Space Jockey

Postby Endless123 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:55 pm

A little gameplay update of my mod

screenshots
Spoiler:

This will be part of the beta 3 when i'll release it.
Endless123

Postby Deimos Anomaly » Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:12 am

Damn nice!! Wanna try it now, looks so cool!
Deimos Anomaly

Postby Endless123 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:29 am

I just reached the first turning point in my mod and honestly i need your opinion guys. I'm testing new stuff with the Accumulator(which in beta 2 fires bullets as primary attack and refill the energy cell using shield energy as secondary)

I replaced the primary attack with a healing function using energy to refill health and armor. So what i'd like to have your opinion about is shall i keep the regeneration on the Hunter's Claws or shall i remove it completely. I'm testing both and i have to say the gameplay is really different because without a regeneration the player has to be more careful and take the time to heal himself before moving to the next area as opposed to the regeneration where the player's health and armor regenerate as soon as the player select the Hunter's Claws. To compensate the max energy is set at 9999 after the player picked up a backpack(of course i readjusted the energy used by the PlasmaCaster and PlasmaBlaster to balance things a bit but it can become difficult to play some maps because it requires the use of the claws more often and you can't just rely on those 2 weapons to get out of the jam)

So what do you think, shall i keep the regeneration or just remove it?
Endless123

Postby Endless123 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:16 pm

New sprites for the PlasmaCaster

screenshots
Spoiler:

I also rewored the Plasma Blaster animation

Spoiler:

That's all for now
Endless123

Next

Return to Projects