GMOTA: Fantasy arcade action (last post here 4-18-23)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
iSpook

Re: GMOTA: Fantasy arcade action, [V0.9.1]

Post by iSpook »

Cryomundus wrote:How, exactly? I've had no success using it, and I find it to be a fairly boring weapon overall. And if anything is beyond medium range it'll never touch it.
Spoiler:
Cryomundus

Post by Cryomundus »

iSpook wrote:
Cryomundus wrote:How, exactly? I've had no success using it, and I find it to be a fairly boring weapon overall. And if anything is beyond medium range it'll never touch it.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Vigilante

Post by Vigilante »

The torch is one of the most powerful / versatile sub-weapons IMO. You can shoot and go away while the flames do their work, especially since monsters approach you and will happily jump in the flames. It's a very interesting gameplay which would merit being the main weapon for a spellcaster character.
Don't hold the fire button, click repeatedly, and you'll see you can keep shooting while the 3 first ones are still burning. The amount of fire can paralyze and kill a cyberdemon in a matter of seconds.
fukenciojones

Post by fukenciojones »

This mod is gr8,it just needs an axe to be more cooler :P

And a medieval megawad on the style of knights of the dragon or something like that,i just find out of place ruining around with a sword while killing guys with shotguns .-.
President People

Post by President People »

fukenciojones wrote:This mod is gr8,it just needs an axe to be more cooler :P
You start with a throwing axe subweapon! No Timon's Axe, though.
Cryomundus

Post by Cryomundus »

Something else I've noticed that's a bit weird. When you're using the unpowered sword, you can't hit anything that's above or below you, only directly in front of you. Makes it a bit of a pain to swing a sword when standing on top of a pinkie unable to hit it.

Speaking of things that are hard to hit, trying to shoot a switch is still annoying as heck. Perhaps have the charge shot launch a cluster of (hitscan) pellets directly forward when it explodes? Just tossing out ideas really, since hitting switches is one thing this mod doesn't do that well.
Vigilante

Post by Vigilante »

About switches, I guess the least disruptive change would be to make the grappling hook have a smaller hitbox : it's always available, and centered. The change would make it a bit harder to hit monsters, but on the other hand it would be less blocked by nearby walls.
Cryomundus

Post by Cryomundus »

Vigilante wrote:About switches, I guess the least disruptive change would be to make the grappling hook have a smaller hitbox : it's always available, and centered. The change would make it a bit harder to hit monsters, but on the other hand it would be less blocked by nearby walls.
The problem with that is the hitbox, even at it's smallest, it still won't hit switches that are in very narrow corridors, as it'll still be too big. That, and some wads will have walls that block projectiles, but not hitscan weapons. The best option would prolly to add in a super accurate, 1 dmg hitscan shot to something.
Combine_Kegan

Post by Combine_Kegan »

Boy it's been awhile since I posted one of these here.

Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

i think the baisc shot needs some effort into it, such as replacing it into a something came from snes or genesis castlevania and gng series, just like what this gauntlet does!
Slax
... in rememberance ...

Post by Slax »

The biggest charged shot could do with a buff of some sort. Much like with a lot of Megaman games, the charge time doesn't seem worth it.
Combine_Kegan

Post by Combine_Kegan »

Captain J wrote:i think the baisc shot needs some effort into it, such as replacing it into a something came from snes or genesis castlevania and gng series, just like what this gauntlet does!
Uh, what exactly do you mean?

Also Slax, I've just buffed the damage of the max charge shot right now
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

what i was sayin', the Firemace's Fire sound(LOBSHT) needs to be replaced into same format of their sound.
Combine_Kegan

Post by Combine_Kegan »

Captain J wrote:what i was sayin', the Firemace's Fire sound(LOBSHT) needs to be replaced into same format of their sound.
So the powered arm cannon's primary fire is what you want to sound different? I've been looking at that thing and I feel like the primary fire DOES need changing.
Hetdegon
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Hetdegon »

Interesting, so the gauntlet now allows to shoot darts? How do you change the fire mode?

Also the end of the video is kinda funny. Just saying.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”