[Released] E1M1 Remake: Doom 3 style

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
SladeEXE

Re: [Released] E1M1 Remake: Doom 3 style

Post by SladeEXE »

All of the new textures do not appear.
RikohZX

Post by RikohZX »

SladeEXE wrote:All of the new textures do not appear.
Turn off the Lights shaders, if I remember right.
SladeEXE

Post by SladeEXE »

Nope. I can't even turn them on.
conan6100

Post by conan6100 »

i love this maps textures where did you find them? they look just like doom 3 its a shame a full remake has not been made yet..
Devianteist

Post by Devianteist »

Nemesis6 wrote:I'm gonna have to rip out the spanish stuff before I try it. Looks pretty good though.

Edit, having now done that: Very good map. It's like Legacy of Suffering's level design, except much, much more atmospheric and detailed.
As great a mod this is, I too would like to remove the Spanish voice acting. Shame is, I have no clue how to do this.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

Caleb13 wrote:As others have mentioned, the spanish background sounds feel very out-of-place (and conjunction with english texts throughout the map made it even worse). In fact, I deleted their files after a minute of playtime or so.
Whoa whoa whoa... back up! Are you saying you were able to delete the Spanish voices? If so, can you link me a copy of your version of the mod?
demo_the_man

Post by demo_the_man »

Its really easy, just listen to them in slade
otherwise this is a great map, Anyone ripped D3s voices yet, probably could use some on this map.
pagb666

Post by pagb666 »

SladeEXE wrote:All of the new textures do not appear.
Same issue here, turning on and off the shaders doesn't work (though some change in the lightning can be seen)
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

Excellent map, I've had a lot of fun playing through it both vanilla and with mods like the Aliens mod. I love how there's just ambient map sounds and such rather than music, it works well. I wish the radio stuff was in English, but it's not a big deal. Is it it just Doom 3 audio, or is it custom voiced stuff? If it's from Doom 3, you might be able to just replace it with the English version.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

DUDE. WHEN ARE YOU GONNA MAKE MORE MAPS LIKE THIS?

This looks so freaking amazing! Please continue with this amazing project! It'd be so awesome to play through an entire megawad made out of maps like this! I absolutely love techbases!
armymen12002003
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by armymen12002003 »

DoomKrakken wrote:DUDE. WHEN ARE YOU GONNA MAKE MORE MAPS LIKE THIS?

This looks so freaking amazing! Please continue with this amazing project! It'd be so awesome to play through an entire megawad made out of maps like this! I absolutely love techbases!
i second this everytime i play this im more and more amazed on how u made this.
Last edited by armymen12002003 on Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Josh771

Post by Josh771 »

DoomKrakken wrote:It'd be so awesome to play through an entire megawad made out of maps like this! I absolutely love techbases!
I have to completely and utterly agree there. I need more dark, destroyed techbases to explore; this map had a wonderful atmosphere that really brought the whole "your fellow marines have died" story to life. If this is supposed to be an E1M1 remake, then I certainly wouldn't mind seeing an Episode 1 and 2 remake. :D

Also, after going back and reading a lot of this thread, just a note to mappers: while a lot of Doomers love the self-explanatory map, I felt something wonderful while playing this map that I remember feeling when I first played some Unreal maps. That wonderful something is lost. I love a game that presents a location that was not obviously designed as a sort of linear FPS "racetrack," but is, rather, a sort of "real" location that I must figure out some way to get through.

So, as far as getting lost and having a hard time finding keys/doors: yes, I got lost and experienced all these aforementioned "issues," but I actually felt it added to the exploration element. Add some in-game lore and replace the generic keycards with lore-related keys and it would only be even better. :)
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

Glad I ain't the only one who feels the same way... :D
Deimos Anomaly

Post by Deimos Anomaly »

Thank you boys for all your last comments here! I'm glad to see this map still has some minor popularity here :)
SidDoyle wrote:
DoomKrakken wrote:It'd be so awesome to play through an entire megawad made out of maps like this! I absolutely love techbases!
I have to completely and utterly agree there. I need more dark, destroyed techbases to explore; this map had a wonderful atmosphere that really brought the whole "your fellow marines have died" story to life. If this is supposed to be an E1M1 remake, then I certainly wouldn't mind seeing an Episode 1 and 2 remake. :D

Also, after going back and reading a lot of this thread, just a note to mappers: while a lot of Doomers love the self-explanatory map, I felt something wonderful while playing this map that I remember feeling when I first played some Unreal maps. That wonderful something is lost. I love a game that presents a location that was not obviously designed as a sort of linear FPS "racetrack," but is, rather, a sort of "real" location that I must figure out some way to get through.

So, as far as getting lost and having a hard time finding keys/doors: yes, I got lost and experienced all these aforementioned "issues," but I actually felt it added to the exploration element. Add some in-game lore and replace the generic keycards with lore-related keys and it would only be even better. :)
Finally someone got my main point when it comes to make maps!! Like you, i love to get lost on the map and feel that i am really trapped there, feeling all the ambience and tension it could bring.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

Can you make more maps like this, plz?
Last edited by DoomKrakken on Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Levels”