[WIP/Release] Brutal Doom SE

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
gjk2014

Re: [WIP/Release] Brutal Doom SE

Post by gjk2014 »

Freezing Alone wrote:Hey everyone, so I know that this mod started as a sound mod which may make this request kind of pointless, but is there any way to put the original Doom sounds back into the game while still using this mod? I love the balance changes that this mod supplies, but I feel like the change in sounds takes away from what makes it Doom. Also, I may be crazy, but are the blood splatters in this mod different from the original Brutal Doom? If so, is it possible to somehow get the original blood splatters back as well?

I don't mean to sound ungrateful at all, I really do love this mod and I feel like a fantastic job has been done here. The only thing keeping me from choosing this mod over the original brutal doom without any second thoughts are the sounds and blood splatters, so if there is a way to bring those back in I'd be super excited.
Yep this is the reason why I requested a file for his chainsaw and bfg secondary fire but the way he set up his version it is different from the original brutal doom so I cant use it with the original.

EDIT- Ive got all the chainsaw sprites and secondary fire swing sounds in the SNDINFO file to work for the original v19 brutal doom but not the secondary wall sparks sprites and spark sounds for the chainsaw. I guess I'm missing something. :roll: Anyone more experienced making these who can help me out? If not not having the wall sparks and sounds is not a big deal for me.
Massive Roberto

Post by Massive Roberto »

Anyone know how I can change the assault rifle to fire full auto when in zoomed mode again? I can easy take the rifle file from BDv19 and replace the SE version but it causes sound problems. Love this version of Brutal Doom but prefer full auto for the rifle in zoomed mode. Might change the plasma to the new BDv19 version graphics too but can't be bothered changing that right now.
Massive Roberto

Post by Massive Roberto »

Scratch that people, just saw the addons. I am a dick.
Skrell

Post by Skrell »

Any chance this mod will ever be worked on again? It's still my favorite Brutal Doom version and i've tried ALL of them!
Hellstorm Archon
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them

Post by Hellstorm Archon »

Skrell wrote:Any chance this mod will ever be worked on again? It's still my favorite Brutal Doom version and i've tried ALL of them!
Most likely when Brutal v20 gets released.
Skrell

Post by Skrell »

lets hope! :)
SigFloyd

Post by SigFloyd »

Hellstorm Archon wrote:
Skrell wrote:Any chance this mod will ever be worked on again? It's still my favorite Brutal Doom version and i've tried ALL of them!
Certainly. I have far, far less free time these days, but I'll try to get SE v20 out as soon as I can once BD v20 drops. I'm also looking into rebalancing the Plasma Gun in addition to the long list of things I'm going to add and fix.
Skrell

Post by Skrell »

SigFloyd wrote:
Hellstorm Archon wrote:
Certainly. I have far, far less free time these days, but I'll try to get SE v20 out as soon as I can once BD v20 drops. I'm also looking into rebalancing the Plasma Gun in addition to the long list of things I'm going to add and fix.
Awesome!!!! Can't wait man!!
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

Nice, glad to hear you're going to cover BD20; I enjoy your version of BD way more than the default.
RikohZX

Post by RikohZX »

-Ghost- wrote:Nice, glad to hear you're going to cover BD20; I enjoy your version of BD way more than the default.
Honestly, every time I see Brutal Doom discussed elsewhere, everyone recommends this version over the base one thanks to the tweaks, improvements and other factors. Gotta say I agree with 'em.
SigFloyd

Post by SigFloyd »

In preparation for SE v20, I've been looking over some of the standard weapon sounds that were kind of lacking. Specifically, the rifle, shotgun, and minigun sounds. I've redone the rifle, retouched the shotgun, and replaced the minigun sounds with the alternate ones with some additional tweaks (such as mono for consistency with other sounds). The sounds for the SSG and MP40 have also been touched up a bit. For those of your who play with stock SE, I'd like to hear your thoughts on them, and whether or not they're worth putting into the update. Depending on how you have your soundcard set up, I think it might be a bit too much, though.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/g52ie ... vision.pk3

Be sure to load it after everything else. If you play with no recoil, this can interfere with that. The no recoil addon for the alternate sounds pack should be fine if it's loaded after this. Also, I greatly recommend having pitch randomizations turned off, since it can screw with the sounds lining up with the animations.
Last edited by SigFloyd on Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Skrell

Post by Skrell »

SigFloyd wrote:In preparation for SE v20, I've been looking over some of the standard weapon sounds that were kind of lacking. Specifically, the rifle, shotgun, and minigun sounds. I've redone the rifle, retouched the shotgun, and replaced the minigun sounds with the alternate ones with some additional tweaks (such as mono for consistency with other sounds). The sounds for the SSG and MP40 have also been touched up a bit. For those of your who play with stock SE, I'd like to hear your thoughts on them, and whether or not they're worth putting into the update. Depending on how you have your soundcard set up, I think it might be a bit too much, though.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/g52ie ... vision.pk3

Be sure to load it after everything else. If you play with no recoil, this can interfere with that. The no recoil addon for the alternate sounds pack should be fine if it's loaded after this.
I'll check em out ASAP! This is exactly why SE rules, bc of your amazing attention to detail!!!
DarkDemonXR69

Post by DarkDemonXR69 »

Hi all, my first post ^^U. Sorry for my bad english. Is not my mother language.

Well Im using gzdoom with this mod and on some levels is unplayable. I dont know if its caused by smoke (provoqued by mancubus) or the excesive blood on the floor. Level 16 on Doom 2 for example, when you go to the stairs surrended by toxic and pick up the blue skull if I remember well. On that moment you have a lot of monsters spawning and its imposible to aim well with 13 or 15 fps. I tryed brutal doom alone on that level and it laggy too but not like on this edition. I play the game on the third difficulty. I cant imagine how laggy are that levels on hardest difficulties.

I hope you'll continue improving this mod because I love it. I love the sounds and the new skins.

Btw... My computer specs are:
i7 2600
7870XT 2Gb
8Gb ram
SigFloyd

Post by SigFloyd »

I don't know if this helps, but the third difficulty has the same spawns as UV, but you take less damage. You could try the one before that. There should also be an addon that makes the Mancubs fireballs act like the older ones and not create so many additional lights and fire effects.
Massive Roberto wrote:Anyone know how I can change the assault rifle to fire full auto when in zoomed mode again? I can easy take the rifle file from BDv19 and replace the SE version but it causes sound problems. Love this version of Brutal Doom but prefer full auto for the rifle in zoomed mode. Might change the plasma to the new BDv19 version graphics too but can't be bothered changing that right now.
Sorry for late reply, but there is an addon that give the RIfle full auto in ADS. It's called Original Rifle Secondary in the addons pack.
DarkDemonXR69

Post by DarkDemonXR69 »

Ok, thanks. I'll try that but its a little sad deactivate that mancubus effects. Anyway, sometimes the games still lags only with blood, when the smoke effects are gone. Idk maybe its all together that lags. Hope v20 will optimice more, and this edition have even more optimization.

thanks again ^^

Return to “Gameplay Mods”