[WIP/Release] Brutal Doom SE

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Naitguolf

Re: [WIP/Release] Brutal Doom SE

Post by Naitguolf »

But m4lmaster, your link goes to edit? Please, can you check it?

Anyway, im just looking the pkg, no dying loop sound, so i fear it uses original pain sound for dying enemies (except when burning zombies)
m4lmaster

Post by m4lmaster »

son of a bitch XD didnt check my own link! http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=37705 THERE! that should work better :D
Naitguolf

Post by Naitguolf »

oh yes, yes! Thanks! :)

Edit: By the way, anyone was able to merge Brutal Doom SE with PFEnh? I really like the particles, and i miss those on Brutal SE (i was unable to merge messing with the pk3)
Patriot1776

Post by Patriot1776 »

Naitguolf wrote:oh yes, yes! Thanks! :)

Edit: By the way, anyone was able to merge Brutal Doom SE with PFEnh? I really like the particles, and i miss those on Brutal SE (i was unable to merge messing with the pk3)
Yes please! ^^ I never have enough time on my hands to try doing it myself!
gjk2014

Post by gjk2014 »

I don't know if it was asked in this discussion but can the creator or someone give me a pk3 or zip file of the se edition chainsaw for the original brutal doom. I was able to pick through the sperglord edition pk3 file and put it on the original brutal doom but I couldn't get the secondary chansaw swing and wall and floor sparks sounds right. And SGtMarkIV recently released a video of the upcoming brutal v20 of his chainsaw and I prefer the se edition over his. SGtMarkIV might still be testing it though.

brutal v20 chainsaw https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PewF8pZBXSo

And if anyone can convert the manqubus arm cannon and bfg to the original brutal doom that would be great because I like the secondary fire.
Skrell

Post by Skrell »

also, is there any MODS that allow for player sprites with crouching animations that are compatible with BrutalSE? This would help out greatly in coop play.
Cryomundus

Post by Cryomundus »

What are you talking about, you've always been able to crouch. Unless you mean custom sprites when you're crouched, then you'd prolly have to do that yourself.
m4lmaster

Post by m4lmaster »

Cryomundus wrote:What are you talking about, you've always been able to crouch. Unless you mean custom sprites when you're crouched, then you'd prolly have to do that yourself.
they are out there, but only compatable with BD before v19
Cryomundus

Post by Cryomundus »

Do tell, I'm curious. (And I do mean it, I've literally never heard of this, and googling "brutal doom MODS that allow for player sprites with crouching animations" got me nowhere.)
m4lmaster

Post by m4lmaster »

Average

Post by Average »

SigFloyd, I was just wondering if you're still tweaking this? The reason I ask is that I have a couple of suggestions if you're interested.

The first would be; Is there a way you could tweak the blood on the walls with switches so that the switches can still be seen? As it stand sometimes the switches can get completely obscured. Perhaps even having the blood 'drip' or fade away if it's on a switch? I dunno, I'm pretty ignorant with this coding malarky!

The second would be to have an option to switch off the voices of the bot allies. Sometimes it drives me mad hearing waffle on about flying skulls and addresssing other nonexistent marines!

And a bonus third thing would be to change the water splash sound/code to that from Cosmetic Doom:

http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f= ... metic+doom

I just feel that the splash sounds in BD make it sound like DoomGuy is tap dancing in the water! Cosmetic Doom seems a bit more refined to me.

Thanks for all your hard work regradless of what you make of my above suggestions. This is still my preferred flavour of BD. :)
Skrell

Post by Skrell »

m4lmaster wrote:http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=24210 theres the link for that
this is not compatible with BrutalSE. Correct me if i'm wrong here.
m4lmaster

Post by m4lmaster »

Skrell wrote:
m4lmaster wrote:http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=24210 theres the link for that
this is not compatible with BrutalSE. Correct me if i'm wrong here.
i dont think its compatable with GZDoom anyway. the original post was from Zandronum forums
Freezing Alone

Post by Freezing Alone »

Hey everyone, so I know that this mod started as a sound mod which may make this request kind of pointless, but is there any way to put the original Doom sounds back into the game while still using this mod? I love the balance changes that this mod supplies, but I feel like the change in sounds takes away from what makes it Doom. Also, I may be crazy, but are the blood splatters in this mod different from the original Brutal Doom? If so, is it possible to somehow get the original blood splatters back as well?

I don't mean to sound ungrateful at all, I really do love this mod and I feel like a fantastic job has been done here. The only thing keeping me from choosing this mod over the original brutal doom without any second thoughts are the sounds and blood splatters, so if there is a way to bring those back in I'd be super excited.
Cryomundus

Post by Cryomundus »

You could probably use slade to re-insert the old sounds, tho I never noticed the difference between the sounds in this and vanilla doom. Well, beyond the explosions and weapon sounds.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”