‌‎‎‎‎‏‏‏‏Fractal Doom v0.2.4b

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Nash

Re: ‌‎‎‎‎‏‏‏‏Fractal Doom [original post is lost]‪‪‪‪‬‬‬‬‭‭‭

Post by Nash »

neve tnod i siht si tahw
Attachments
Untitled-1.png
LostSkull

Post by LostSkull »

Nash wrote:neve tnod i siht si tahw
Happened to me too man D:
The Zombie Killer

Post by The Zombie Killer »

Nash wrote:neve tnod i siht si tahw
What in the world?
LostSkull

Post by LostSkull »

Alright, so I finally came around playing this thing. It's simply awesome and hilarious. Too bad OP decided to go the way he choosed, I wished he would instead work on this.
Last edited by LostSkull on Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ed the Bat
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Ed the Bat »

http://www.wad-archive.com/wad/06c7f506 ... ae647bd158
In case anyone wasn't aware it's there.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Thanks, Ed, I've added that link to the original post so that hopefully this won't be lost.
wolfman

Post by wolfman »

This post has working links.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

Added that link as well.
Marrub

Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Operating System Version (Optional): Arch Linux
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Marrub »

Scroton's still working on fractal doom and has admitted and apologized for his mistakes, might his unbanning be in order?
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

Marrub wrote:Scroton's still working on fractal doom and has admitted and apologized for his mistakes, might his unbanning be in order?
Not for a long while.
scroton

Post by scroton »

Updated OP with latest info. Here are the release notes for the last two updates:
scroton wrote:Fractal Doom has received an update. I was going to wait and release these as part of a larger update but the difference a slight change made to the way the pistol, shotgun, SSG, and chaingun altfires work is significant enough that I decided to release it sooner rather than later.

Rather than a starburst of 24 projectiles dealing individual damage, the altfires now have a couple of points of their total damage dealt through a miniature marathon-style explosion (where damage is constant throughout the radius.) This is approximated in the Zandronum 1.2 version. The starburst projectiles remain, but are now only cosmetic.

The fists now have proper sounds, which change when the player has a berserk pack.

The berserk pack also now has more flavor; in addition to the 75% damage reduction that was present for 45 seconds after first picking up the berserk pack, the player will also be immune to radius damage, move at 2x speed, deal a small amount of radius damage with their punches, hear a flavor heartbeat sound effect, their screen will tremor, and they will be unable to use any weapon other than the fist for those 45 seconds. Additionally they will be able to spawn minimarines with the fist altfire without losing any health, and even if they have less than 30 health. After the 45 seconds these effects will stop and the berserk pack will afterward function the same as a vanilla berserk pack.

The blur sphere now confers a 10% damage reduction in addition to its partial invisibility effect. If people think it's a good idea I'll go with my original idea in later updates and have the blur sphere not affect the aim of non-hitscanners, the idea being that it is actually easier to dodge projectiles when they don't have random aim.

The radiation suit in the Zandronum version no longer disappears after being picked up, and instead remains available for other players to use.

The ShopVac isn't quite as loud as it was before.

Weapon skins in the Zandronum version now function correctly, including crouch sprites.

There are two Zandronum versions this time around, 1.2 and 2.0, since the berserk tremor and marathon-style explosions both function better in the 2.0 version, though they are approximated fairly closely in the 1.2 version.

OP has been updated accordingly.
scroton wrote:Fractal Doom has received another update/bugfix. All version have been updated. Like with the last one, this was gonna be released as part of a larger update, but since there is a bugfix included I figured I'd release it now instead.

A lingering crash-causing bug has been tracked down and finally solved; turns out the mini archviles could theoretically (but not in practice) cause an infinite loop and this was occasionally causing crashes.

A minor oversight involving A_BossDeath has also been fixed.

A minor oversight preventing mini archviles from resurrecting other mini archviles has been fixed.

Additionally, the way Fractal Doom handles useless objects like hats, non-resurrectable corpses (such as archviles and cyberdemons) and some (but not all) mini corpses has been changed to cut down on the number of actors the engine and/or server thinks are important. The only visible gameplay change will be that half of most types of mini corpses will not be resurrectable by archviles or mini archives.

OP has been updated accordingly.

As always, I welcome feedback/suggestions/bug reports.
Larger update will be forthcoming "some time after TSP 1.3 comes out."
Abba Zabba

Re: ‌‎‎‎‎‏‏‏‏Fractal Doom v0.2.4b

Post by Abba Zabba »

Sounds great man. I just hope there's a carry or put away option for mini marines so you can bring them to other parts of a level.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”