‌‎‎‎‎‏‏‏‏Fractal Doom v0.2.4b

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Abba Zabba

Re: [Released] Fractal Doom

Post by Abba Zabba »

Love the plans; possible idea for mini fatsos? Give their shots a dribble or bounce to them. The Mancubus is about chaos, right? Shooting a pair of shots every which way while not being too quick to chase the player. Would encourage the player to seek higher ground. Just a thought.

All the mini marine plans: awesome, especially the charge bar for throwing. Didn't even know I could throw them farther, let alone how far I was actually capable of throwing. Mini marines jump down? I'd say go for it, since you're going to add the ability to pick them up.

Shootable cyberdemon rockets? Yes, when referring to the attack where he shoots directly at you that has the other ten or so branch off the center. Shoot the center one and it all ceases. Give it reasonable health (3 shotgun blasts?) and definitely make it and the branched ones deal damage once they're shot down.

I don't understand the shopvac bit, doesn't it just shoot red gibs? Or are you going to give it some kind of inventory that keeps track of each things it sucks up? It would definitely be neat to have little blue bits fly out now and then.
yoshi314

Post by yoshi314 »

scroton wrote:I looked the mini zombie sounds and couldn't find anything that sounded off, though I did find a couple of other mini monster sounds I should probably go back and replace with better ones. Are you sure it was the mini zombies? (I may just be deaf, though.)
hum hard to say, i think that was when multiple sounds overlapped. i haven't noticed it since.
Also are you playing the monsters only version or either the zdoom/zandronum version? The monster only has no increased ammo limits while the other versions have significantly (doubled in most cases) ammo carry amounts, though maybe I should increase those. What particular ammo type did there seem to be a dearth of?
the zdoom one. are there different variants (new to this mod). i pretty much run of all ammo altogether, esp when there are lots of pinkies, as they tend to always spawn mini versions.
--Mini obituaries
if that means "player was humiliated by pipsqueak zombie" messages or something, i am all for it.

one cool thing - ability to use some of the mini weapons, mostly as a joke. imagine the doomguy holding a mini minigun with two fingers and trying to shoot it (for smaller damage than the real thing) ;) or holding two mini-miniguns like he does with pistols.

or ability to pick up mini ammo, for smaller ammo boost.

btw it would be nice if you could integrate that mod that splits pickups into smaller pieces, if they are bigger than you need (i forgot the name, will search for it). not only it would improve ammo management/health pack management but it fits right with the theme of the mod.
--Giving the mini marines the ability to jump down; right now the mini marines won't jump down to follow targets, this might prevent them from pursuing some targets but it also prevents them from getting stuck places.
actually i saw this happen. map 2 of "doom2 the way id did" wad, by the elevator. it doesn't happen always. i also saw them jump off some edges into the water to attack some monsters. but they do usually stick to the high ground.
scroton

Post by scroton »

‌‎‎‎‎‏‏‏‏‏‪‪‪‪‪‬‬‬‬‭‭‭‭‮‮‮
Last edited by scroton on Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Abba Zabba

Post by Abba Zabba »

scroton wrote: Let me know if you find the name.
Here you go
chronoteeth
Preferred Pronouns: It/Its

Post by chronoteeth »

I still lose it over the fucken videos
scroton

Post by scroton »

scroton

Post by scroton »

scroton

Post by scroton »

scroton

Post by scroton »

LostSkull

Post by LostSkull »

Cacobabies, so cute! :wub:
yoshi314

Post by yoshi314 »

one more thing that popped into my mind - it should be much more likely to gib small enemies with shotguns (and maybe some other strong weapons).

so far it seems you can only gib normal size zombies with some lucky shots, but smaller ones are rather likely to die normally.

btw, did anyone play this mod on wolfenstein levels yet?
Abba Zabba

Re: ‌‎‎‎‎‏‏‏‏‏‪‪‪‪‪‬‬‬‬‭‭‭‭‮‮‮

Post by Abba Zabba »

Why was this deleted? My only copy of this was on a flash drive, and that's 40 miles away atm.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: ‌‎‎‎‎‏‏‏‏‏‪‪‪‪‪‬‬‬‬‭‭‭‭‮‮‮

Post by wildweasel »

Lava Grunt wrote:Why was this deleted? My only copy of this was on a flash drive, and that's 40 miles away atm.
Because Scroton decided to be irritating by blanking all of his posts. Incidentally, this is also a major reason why he is now banned from the forums.
Triple S

Re: ‌‎‎‎‎‏‏‏‏Fractal Doom [original post is lost]‪‪‪‪‬‬‬‬‭‭‭

Post by Triple S »

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/330 ... .3c.wad.7z

Reuploaded. Someone reupload it somewhere else so my dropbox doesn't get buttfucked, please
Viscra Maelstrom

Re: ‌‎‎‎‎‏‏‏‏Fractal Doom [original post is lost]‪‪‪‪‬‬‬‬‭‭‭

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

here's a Mediafire mirror off of my account for now.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”