BD Enhanced Edition v19g (UPDATED 25 oct 2014)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Hexereticdoom
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: BD Enhanced Edition v19g (UPDATED 25 oct 2014)

Post by Hexereticdoom »

VJ RAVEN wrote:Hi HexereticDoom

Thank you so much for the Sound Patch Friend !!! :D :D :D

In my opinion, Brutal Doom must have the sounds from this patch :wink:

Speaking about Brutal Doom V20 being buggy.... I have noted a point (a very important one though)
The Hell Baron's quick triple plasma ball attack has been replaced with a longer to charge widespread attack (a new attack which is a good addition to the Baron's attacks)
But ever since losing the quick triple plasma ball attack (you will never know when he will use this quick attack making him potentially dangerous), the Baron has become a sort of easy enemy to deal with (In my opinion even easier than the V20 Zombie man ).....

This has kinda made me lose a little bit interest in playing Brutal Doom V20 when my favorite enemy has been made weak... :( :(

Either the triple ball quick attack must be retained or the new widespread attack must be a quickly charged one like the triple ball attack...

What is your opinion regarding this HexereticDoom ???

Can you add this important point to the changes you gonna make and release as Brutal Doom V20A ??? (I pray so :) )

Also I think you are the best person to finish the long pending Recurring Nightmare Map for Brutal Doom :) :) :) (Which I am wondering when will it be released)

Awaiting your reply

Cheers and Thanks
VJ Raven
Hi there VJ RAVEN,

Not a problem about the new Baron attack changes,for sure it shall be easily fixable. The old triple-ball throwing can be added again, along with the slower new widespread movement, for giving it even more attack variety. So do not worry about, your suggestion will be implemented in future release of BDEEv20 by all means. :yup:

Respect from the Recurring Nightmare project, I hope it can be released soon, 'cause it's looks really good! He he... :D

By the way, it has been announced the standard BD will be updated in a few weeks with v20b, for correcting several bugs still present in current release. So, keep awaiting more fresh 'n' good news... :wink:

See you next time, and keep having nice doomdreams! 8-)
cem26 wrote:I heard v20 but it looks lie...
Like what? :?
VJ RAVEN

Post by VJ RAVEN »

Hexereticdoom wrote:
VJ RAVEN wrote:Hi HexereticDoom

Thank you so much for the Sound Patch Friend !!! :D :D :D

In my opinion, Brutal Doom must have the sounds from this patch :wink:

Speaking about Brutal Doom V20 being buggy.... I have noted a point (a very important one though)
The Hell Baron's quick triple plasma ball attack has been replaced with a longer to charge widespread attack (a new attack which is a good addition to the Baron's attacks)
But ever since losing the quick triple plasma ball attack (you will never know when he will use this quick attack making him potentially dangerous), the Baron has become a sort of easy enemy to deal with (In my opinion even easier than the V20 Zombie man ).....

This has kinda made me lose a little bit interest in playing Brutal Doom V20 when my favorite enemy has been made weak... :( :(

Either the triple ball quick attack must be retained or the new widespread attack must be a quickly charged one like the triple ball attack...

What is your opinion regarding this HexereticDoom ???

Can you add this important point to the changes you gonna make and release as Brutal Doom V20A ??? (I pray so :) )

Also I think you are the best person to finish the long pending Recurring Nightmare Map for Brutal Doom :) :) :) (Which I am wondering when will it be released)

Awaiting your reply

Cheers and Thanks
VJ Raven
Hi there VJ RAVEN,

Not a problem about the new Baron attack changes,for sure it shall be easily fixable. The old triple-ball throwing can be added again, along with the slower new widespread movement, for giving it even more attack variety. So do not worry about, your suggestion will be implemented in future release of BDEEv20 by all means. :yup:

Respect from the Recurring Nightmare project, I hope it can be released soon, 'cause it's looks really good! He he... :D

By the way, it has been announced the standard BD will be updated in a few weeks with v20b, for correcting several bugs still present in current release. So, keep awaiting more fresh 'n' good news... :wink:

See you next time, and keep having nice doomdreams! 8-)
cem26 wrote:I heard v20 but it looks lie...
Like what? :?

Hey again HexereticDoom

Thanks for taking my suggestion regarding the Hell Baron's triple ball attack friend

Some more requests my friend :)

Say do you feel the Shotgun's recoil is kinda the same as in most of the Brutal Doom versions?? :| (It has become so boring to see the same recoil again and again). The same goes for the Rocket Launcher's sprites :|

Can you implement in Brutal Doom V20A, the shotgun's recoil and rocket launcher's sprites from the below link showing the video footage of SgtMark1V's old Brutal Doom V20 gameplay???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mn2J4Loe57g

That would be kinda a nice and refreshing change... :D :D

Also finally, let the maximum original and the backpack ammunition capacity of all the weapons remain the same as in Vanilla Doom... otherwise I feel that the game will become very very easy !!!!!

Awaiting your reply regarding these points my friend :)

Cheers
VJ Raven
Hexereticdoom
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Hexereticdoom »

VJ RAVEN wrote:Hey again HexereticDoom

Thanks for taking my suggestion regarding the Hell Baron's triple ball attack friend

Some more requests my friend :)

Say do you feel the Shotgun's recoil is kinda the same as in most of the Brutal Doom versions?? :| (It has become so boring to see the same recoil again and again). The same goes for the Rocket Launcher's sprites :|

Can you implement in Brutal Doom V20A, the shotgun's recoil and rocket launcher's sprites from the below link showing the video footage of SgtMark1V's old Brutal Doom V20 gameplay???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mn2J4Loe57g

That would be kinda a nice and refreshing change... :D :D

Also finally, let the maximum original and the backpack ammunition capacity of all the weapons remain the same as in Vanilla Doom... otherwise I feel that the game will become very very easy !!!!!

Awaiting your reply regarding these points my friend :)

Cheers
VJ Raven
Hello VJ RAVEN,

Yeah you're right, those weapon sprites were present in some BDv20 beta versions but Sgt. Mark IV replaced them in final release for some reason. It's a pity because I liked them, but if I manage to get over there one of these beta versions, I could rip and implement them in future BDEEv20. I'll try it...

Also, I'll take into account your suggestion about the normal ammo/backpack ammo capacity. I'll have to study which tweaks for them are or are not necessary, but don't forget there is also a possibility to make an addon to modify it according to your tastes... :wink:

Cheerio, see you next time! 8-)
VJ RAVEN

Post by VJ RAVEN »

Hey HExereticDoom, speaking of Recurring Nightmares

Sgt Mark IV as uploaded the Demo Beta Version...

Check it out in the below link

http://www.moddb.com/mods/recurring-nig ... 6#comments

(Sigh :( Wish it was the complete version :( )
Nickelbawker

Post by Nickelbawker »

Two things I liked about this mod was that it made the higher difficulty levels more playable across any wads because of the drops

And the rifle. EDIT Just got it working in bf 20b. Super simple. So the rifle is primarily unchanged location and animation wise from 19.

Project Brutality and the myriad of other release never interested me

Also looking forward to any BD EE 20b releases.

Looking to remove
Modern
Classic
Random

Soon.

Also my personal changes;
PC Classic pickup sound effect.
Custom Secret sound, DooM64 EX Health vial sound with the pitch lowered.
PSX Tracks in-game player, Fubar with Xeltecon_DoomRemix_v3 and DooMMetalvol4 on a playlist.
Brutal DooM logo ripped and Changed back to a hires version of DooM
Difficulties renamed to Original / Wolfenstien and DooM64 EX names for the extra ones.
Extra features like Roll ect. Unbound. Primarily just a Aim Down sights shooter with Kick being used rarely, my playstyle.
GRUARRR

Post by GRUARRR »

Hi !

Have you thought about making a v20b version of Brutal Doom Enhanced Edition?
With Cvars to avoid lag?

It would be great!

Return to “Gameplay Mods”