BD Enhanced Edition v19g (UPDATED 25 oct 2014)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
cortlong50

Re: Brutal Doom v0.19 Final Test Modified (Updated 21 oct 20

Post by cortlong50 »

where are you hearing about this brutal doom release...ever since the whole BD page got shut down im rather out of the loop haha
RiboNucleic Asshat
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Brutal Doom v0.19 Final Test Modified (Updated)

Post by RiboNucleic Asshat »

Hexereticdoom wrote:
PermaNoob wrote:As a request, could you add the nazis from the last test version that had them? I really hate the giant smurfs.
I'm really sorry my friend, but after several tries, I haven't been able to make the old nazi sprites work...

Perhaps Sgt. Mark could have changed the code in some manner, and replacing sprites it's not sufficient. And I'm not an advanced-coder, unfortunately... :(

However, if someone of this forum is interested and try & can make to work the old nazi sprites, it would be way cool...
Yeah, the nazis were actually a new actor, they had special behavior and everything. That's why I wanted them.
I suppose I could just tear it still beating from the old brutal doom myself, but I'm a lazy ass and I've got other (secret!) things to work on.
There's some old utility named DecX that could help with that, but every link has disappeared off the face of the internet.
Sergeant_Mark_IV
Location: United Communist Nazi Republic Dictactorship of Banana Land (Brazil)

Post by Sergeant_Mark_IV »

You just need to copy the NAZIS lump to make their code work (and include it on DECORATE's loaded lumps), and the sound files that belongs to them. Now don't ask me where I put their voice sounds.
Hexereticdoom

Post by Hexereticdoom »

Another new version is uploaded!

This one includes some cosmetic changes, I hope you enjoy it... :wink:
Sergeant_Mark_IV wrote:You just need to copy the NAZIS lump to make their code work (and include it on DECORATE's loaded lumps), and the sound files that belongs to them. Now don't ask me where I put their voice sounds.
Ohhh, greetings big GrandMaster! Image

EDIT: Yay!!! At last, finally I did it!

Many thanks for the tip! That's where I was failing... Now the things are working as expected! Image
Last edited by Hexereticdoom on Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Morter

Re: Brutal Doom v0.19 Final Test Modified (Updated 25 oct 20

Post by Morter »

Jawesome! I love love LOVE the sawed off SSG. It was a shame that it was made weaker in WW's version. Thanks a million :D

Edit: Also, the Revanent alt-fire has unlimited ammo???
Hexereticdoom

Post by Hexereticdoom »

PermaNoob wrote:Yeah, the nazis were actually a new actor, they had special behavior and everything. That's why I wanted them.
I suppose I could just tear it still beating from the old brutal doom myself, but I'm a lazy ass and I've got other (secret!) things to work on.
There's some old utility named DecX that could help with that, but every link has disappeared off the face of the internet.
Good news my friend! Finally I have fixed it. Yeah! :yup:

The old Nazis are back at last, check up the first post!
Morter wrote:Edit: Also, the Revanent alt-fire has unlimited ammo???
Yes, for the time being...

Don't forget this is based on a test release, and some bugs haven't been fixed for now, but if all things are going OK (hopefully) the 31th day of this month we'll have in our hands the final version of Brutal Doom 19.

And yes... If the things go really OK, there will be also a modified version based on BD19 final! :wink:
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

Silentdarkness12 wrote:This DOES NOT work with Original DooM. Spits out an Animdefs error.
Here a quick well known workaround : Load the Doom 2.wad in as added wad. Since the Brutal Doom archive is a pk3 and not a wad it should work fine. Well it works for me so it should work for you as well.
TheUnbeholden

Re: Brutal Doom v0.19 Final Test Modified (Updated 27 oct 20

Post by TheUnbeholden »

Theres no regeneration mutator for v19, and the old one doesn't work. Any chance for it to return?
Also for some reason Sergeant Mark thought it was a good idea to disable the One Liners, anyway to get it to work again?
Hexereticdoom

Post by Hexereticdoom »

TheUnbeholden wrote:Theres no regeneration mutator for v19, and the old one doesn't work. Any chance for it to return?
Well, actually there is available a generic regeneration mutator that I'm using these days when playing WADs. It works on all versions of Doom, and should work with Heretic, Hexen and Strife (have not tested personally at the moment, but sure it will work). If you configure it correctly, you won't miss the old BD regen mutator. :wink:

You can download it here:

http://www.wad-archive.com/wad/regeneration2.wad
Endless123 wrote:Here a quick well known workaround : Load the Doom 2.wad in as added wad. Since the Brutal Doom archive is a pk3 and not a wad it should work fine. Well it works for me so it should work for you as well.
Well, that's not necessary now from this day, because the final version of Brutal Doom 19 is here and works well with Ultimate Doom (tested personally).

BRUTAL DOOM 19 FINAL - DOWNLOAD LINK

Don't forget, Modified Version based on it is on the way! Keep an eye on this thread... O-)
Yutrzenika

Post by Yutrzenika »

I know this probably isn't the best place to ask, but Taunts do not work for me in the new version of Brutal Doom. What's up with that?
LegendaryFalco

Post by LegendaryFalco »

well i found sarges changelogs on his FB page just click the spoilers

changelogs
Spoiler:
about taunts
Spoiler:
Yutrzenika

Post by Yutrzenika »

That doesn't make any sense, why would he remove the taunts and use the old weapon sprites at all, why have them as mutators? The new sprites are visually much nicer, and don't take up any more or less screen space than the old ones, and then the taunts... It's not like you have to use them if they're there, but they seem weird to have something like that as a mutator. All the stuff he took out to have in the mutator pack is just very minor stuff that can be easily ignored in the game.
Darkpl

Post by Darkpl »

Anyone has a working link for the Doom Metal Soundtrack v4? The one on Moddb is not working atm

EDIT: nvm it's working now
Morter

Post by Morter »

Glad to hear the actual Brutal Doom is being worked on, but I like the sawed-off SSG too much to go back to the actual mod >_>
RiboNucleic Asshat
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Post by RiboNucleic Asshat »

Hexereticdoom wrote:
PermaNoob wrote:Yeah, the nazis were actually a new actor, they had special behavior and everything. That's why I wanted them.
Good news my friend! Finally I have fixed it. Yeah! :yup:

The old Nazis are back at last, check up the first post!
Children_cheering.wav

Return to “Gameplay Mods”