BD Enhanced Edition v19g (UPDATED 25 oct 2014)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Average

Re: Brutal Doom v0.19 Final Test Modified (Updated 27 oct 20

Post by Average »

Hey, is there an alternative download for the new release? ModDB doesn't work for me over here regardless of which VPN I use... :(
TheUnbeholden

Post by TheUnbeholden »

Hexereticdoom wrote: Well, actually there is available a generic regeneration mutator that I'm using these days when playing WADs. It works on all versions of Doom, and should work with Heretic, Hexen and Strife (have not tested personally at the moment, but sure it will work). If you configure it correctly, you won't miss the old BD regen mutator. :wink:

You can download it here:

http://www.wad-archive.com/wad/regeneration2.wad
No... the commands don't work
set regen_maxhp, set regen_step, set regen_pause and set regen_freq, whether through the console or editing the source file. Meaning that the health will regenerate very quickly to 100 making it way to overpowered. We'll just have to wait for Sergeant Mark to give us the say whether he'll do it.
Hexereticdoom
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Hexereticdoom »

Average wrote:Hey, is there an alternative download for the new release? ModDB doesn't work for me over here regardless of which VPN I use... :(
Sure, here you have it...

http://www.filedropper.com/brutal19
http://www.myupload.dk/showfile/1ZbL95rYJ.zip

(Sorry, I can't upload now to Putlocker, server is out of response at this moment in my country. Hope the above mirrors work for you...)
TheUnbeholden wrote:No... the commands don't work
set regen_maxhp, set regen_step, set regen_pause and set regen_freq, whether through the console or editing the source file. Meaning that the health will regenerate very quickly to 100 making it way to overpowered. We'll just have to wait for Sergeant Mark to give us the say whether he'll do it.
Oh, I see. An important tip I just ommited before... :?

How are you loading the regen WAD? Because in my case, I had to include it in my ZDOOM.INI autoload section for make the commands work. In fact, you need to load this regen WAD before any PK3/WAD extension for DOOM, like Brutal Doom or some custom HUDs. Only this way the custom configuration commands will get to work.

Also, I recommend you the use of the parameter archivecvar instead of set, this will make the changes of regen WAD's values permanent, because with set parameters the custom values get lost when you restart ZDoom/GZDoom.
Hexereticdoom

Re: Brutal Doom v19 Enhanced Edition (Updated 1 nov 2013)

Post by Hexereticdoom »

New release based on Brutal Doom 19 Final! Check out the first post...

Enjoy it, everyone! :wink:
Average

Post by Average »

Thanks Hexereticdoom for the alternative dl link. :)

Also @ Uninstall; If you see this would you mind updating your 'no weapon kickback' version and sharing again? Thank you very much if you do... If you don't thank you for the previous build anyway!
coolster

Post by coolster »

any chance for getting a version of this based on v19 with ability to gib/destroy corpses? Cause the v19 final simply doesn't allow that (well it doesn't work for me at the very least)
Slax
... in rememberance ...

Post by Slax »

Some wishes.

Remove crosshair when aiming with the assault rifle. It just gets in the way. (Some test version or BD mod had this. Very snazzy.)
One of my favorite features got removed and it makes me sad. Bring back corpse shooting!
Where'd the taunts go? They're gone. GOOOONE! (Please bring them back.)
Hexereticdoom

Post by Hexereticdoom »

coolster wrote:any chance for getting a version of this based on v19 with ability to gib/destroy corpses? Cause the v19 final simply doesn't allow that (well it doesn't work for me at the very least)
Slax wrote:One of my favorite features got removed and it makes me sad. Bring back corpse shooting!
Yes, Sergeant Mark IV removed the feature on final version of BD. Along with the taunts. And... Yes. I do not consider it a success either. :|

However, it was still present in previous v19 tests, so might be a small chance to bring the feature back...

Anyway, I'm not pretty sure if it will be possible to restore the feature. Personally gonna try it, but as you can expect, it could take me some time. (And I can't guarantee 100% to make it work, so if I'm not able to achieve it, please don't blame me...) :oops:
Vict

Post by Vict »

The removal of shootable corpses seems to have improved the performance dramatically though, I've noticed a huge performance increase on my older machine.

They can still be hit by explosives and certain weapons though, but if someone's going to bring it back maybe make it a optional add-on?
Cryomundus

Post by Cryomundus »

Vict wrote:The removal of shootable corpses seems to have improved the performance dramatically though, I've noticed a huge performance increase on my older machine.

They can still be hit by explosives and certain weapons though, but if someone's going to bring it back maybe make it a optional add-on?
Actually, it seems that most corpses, sans human enemies, still have a hitbox. It's about a pixel in size though, and it makes chainsawing mancubus and revenants extremely annoying. The ones that still seem to have hitboxes are

Pinkies
Mancubus
Revenant
Arachnotron
Pain elemental (after fatality)

There might be some others, but those are the ones that I've encountered.
ultimategamerxtreme

Post by ultimategamerxtreme »

Yutrzenika wrote:That doesn't make any sense, why would he remove the taunts and use the old weapon sprites at all, why have them as mutators? The new sprites are visually much nicer, and don't take up any more or less screen space than the old ones, and then the taunts... It's not like you have to use them if they're there, but they seem weird to have something like that as a mutator. All the stuff he took out to have in the mutator pack is just very minor stuff that can be easily ignored in the game.
While i'm not sure about the taunts and combat rolls, i remember him leaving a comment on youtube saying that he didn't think the sprites he had for the minigun and rocket launcher fits the vanilla weapons.

Edit: Found why he removed the taunts. People kept spamming them in multiplayer games...is it weird that i don't feel surprised by that?
Last edited by ultimategamerxtreme on Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SyntherAugustus

Post by SyntherAugustus »

I enjoyed this custom build of Brutal Doom. Before making any mutators I'd like to suggest looking into CVARs like samsara does. In samsara they work really well and would prevent the file juggling people would have to put up with like in earlier versions. A good start for a cvar would be the game to load the non-reload versions of the guns.
Crudux Cruo

Post by Crudux Cruo »

Hexereticdoom wrote:
coolster wrote:any chance for getting a version of this based on v19 with ability to gib/destroy corpses? Cause the v19 final simply doesn't allow that (well it doesn't work for me at the very least)
Slax wrote:One of my favorite features got removed and it makes me sad. Bring back corpse shooting!
Yes, Sergeant Mark IV removed the feature on final version of BD. Along with the taunts. And... Yes. I do not consider it a success either. :|

However, it was still present in previous v19 tests, so might be a small chance to bring the feature back...

Anyway, I'm not pretty sure if it will be possible to restore the feature. Personally gonna try it, but as you can expect, it could take me some time. (And I can't guarantee 100% to make it work, so if I'm not able to achieve it, please don't blame me...) :oops:
I would be very appreciative if you somehow did that :)
LegendaryFalco

Post by LegendaryFalco »

what i want to know is if it is possible to edit the code to get masterminds to infight each other like they did in vanilla.. some maps rely on masterminds getting into fights with each other like a couple in memento mori 1
Cryomundus

Post by Cryomundus »

One potential way would be to remove their invulnerability to splash damage. Since their shots now create explosions on impact, and are no longer hitscan, it might be the best option.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”