As some of you will know, I created some days ago a slightly modified version of one of the last Sgt. Marks IV's BD v0.19 final tests, just for fun and... Yes, for improving some things that are missing in the original. But, since recently the Brutal Doom official thread has been closed for various reasons, I'm not able to offer you the last update just there, so I have opened a new thread instead.
Then before you post here, I request a small petition for all of you: please DON'T continue with the off-topic talked about there in this thread. If you want to do it, you'll have to wait until the forum moderators/administrators re-open again the official BD thread, OK?
Well, once that is said, here you have the list of changes of this modified version (from now called Brutal Doom v19 Enhanced Edition):
- Replaced the old v0.18 Minigun and Rocket Launcher sprites for the new v19 ones published in previous test releases.
- Replaced Rifle, Shotgun and SSG sprites by the respective DoomNukem's Weapon Pack versions. (They're even cooler than the original ones, don't you think so?)
- Restored the old v0.18 Tomb Raider's "Find-a-secret" sound. (No more hearing the ZDoom's ugly standard sound!)
- Increased back the max-bullet ammo from 200 to 300. (Yeah, because 200 it's way TOO LOW. Long life to old Brutal Doom times!)
- Increased Revenant's Hell Missile Launcher max ammo from 50 to 120 (240 with backpack). You know, HML's new rate of fire on this version wastes more ammo than usual, and you run out of fire too rapidly in a similar way like the 200/400-bullet minigun. So doubling the max capacity mitigates this problem...
- Increased Mancubus' Flame Cannon max ammo from 30 to 60 (120 with backpack). Now you can roast hordes of imps and pinkies without worrying about running out of
- Increased Shotgun/SSG max ammo from 50 to 100 (200 with backpack). Yeah, if you like to use this versatile weapons, why have you to conform with Vanilla's so-low
ammo capacity? Now, shut up and bring them on!
- Increased Plasma Rifle/BFG9000 max ammo from 300 to 400 (800 with backpack). That's right. The new Plasma Flamethrower wastes A LOT OF AMMO. Don't you hate this thing? Yeah, me too. So if you can pick more cells, the fun lasts more time. Hehehehe!
- Doubled the Hell Missile Launcher and Flamecannon damage to enemies. As they're pretty rare-to-find weapons, their efficacy with enemies should be greater. Nowadays, who wants a weak rare weapon apart from collectors?
- Now picked up Backpacks will increase the ammo for Hell Missile Launcher and Flamecannon.
- Updated the new Brutal Doom title screen header with a 'Enhanced Edition' subtitle. (Previous Credits Page was removed by the author, so it keeps missing in this
- The old v0.18 Nazis and their MP40s are back! (Beware, they are MORE dangerous than the Vanilla's giant smurfs!)
- Fixed a bug with special weapon MP40 related with Alt-Fire and zoom mode. (Previously, when you tried to reload the MP40 with full clip reserve, the zoom was not
restored to normal mode.)
- Removed forever that emetic-hateful aberration called J. Bieber. Lil' old Commander Keen rules! (Well, actually in original Brutal Doom v19 was also removed, but
not in the previous modified version.)
Recent changes for version 0.19a (minor updates):
- Shooting Chainsaw is now integrated in this version (Endless123's original addon). Just press secondary fire and have a nice bullet feast!
- Fixed a strange graphic bug when you were chainsawing a mancubus corpse and the sprite wasn't updated correctly. Now it works with no problems, I hope.
- Tweaked a bit the ammo pick amounts for Hell Missile Launcher and Flame Cannon: now if you pick up a HML or FC in the floor, you will receive 10 shoots from each one (instead of previous 4 HML shoots and 12 FC shoots.) Same with backpack, if you pick up one, you will also receive 10 shoot for each monsters' special weapons. (Normal weapons amount keep unchanged).
DOWNLOAD BRUTAL DOOM V19a ENHANCED EDITION
Well... Still do you prefer the original Brutal Doom v19? Well, if you want it anyway, remember you can get it from here:
I wish you all a really happy doom-killing! HE HE HE...