This is a slightly modified version of Sgt. Marks IV's Brutal Doom v19, created and tweaked some time ago by me, just for fun and also for trying to improve some things that are missing in the original mod. Note that you DON'T have to load this with original Brutal Doom file! For the main list of changes, read the description below.
Here is the main list of changes respect from original Brutal Doom v19:
- Replaced the old v0.18 Minigun and Rocket Launcher sprites for the new v19 ones published in previous test releases. - Replaced Rifle, Shotgun and SSG sprites by the respective DoomNukem's Weapon Pack versions. (They're even cooler than the original ones, don't you think so?) - Restored the old v0.18 Tomb Raider's "Find-a-secret" sound. (No more hearing the ZDoom's ugly standard sound!) - Increased back the max-bullet ammo from 200 to 300. (Yeah, because 200 it's way TOO LOW. Long life to old Brutal Doom times!) - Increased Revenant's Hell Missile Launcher max ammo from 50 to 120 (240 with backpack). You know, HML's new rate of fire on this version wastes more ammo than usual, and you run out of fire too rapidly in a similar way like the 200/400-bullet minigun. So doubling the max capacity mitigates this problem... - Increased Mancubus' Flame Cannon max ammo from 30 to 60 (120 with backpack). Now you can roast hordes of imps and pinkies without worrying about running out of flames! Hahaha... - Increased Shotgun/SSG max ammo from 50 to 100 (200 with backpack). Yeah, if you like to use this versatile weapons, why have you to conform with Vanilla's so-low ammo capacity? Now, shut up and bring them on! - Increased Plasma Rifle/BFG9000 max ammo from 300 to 400 (800 with backpack). That's right. The new Plasma Flamethrower wastes A LOT OF AMMO. Don't you hate this thing? Yeah, me too. So if you can pick more cells, the fun lasts more time. Hehehehe! - Doubled the Hell Missile Launcher and Flamecannon damage to enemies. As they're pretty rare-to-find weapons, their efficacy with enemies should be greater. Nowadays, who wants a weak rare weapon apart from collectors? - Now picked up Backpacks will increase the ammo for Hell Missile Launcher and Flamecannon. - Updated the new Brutal Doom title screen header with a 'Enhanced Edition' subtitle. (Previous Credits Page was removed by the author, so it keeps missing in this version too.) - The old v0.18 Nazis and their MP40s are back! (Beware, they are MORE dangerous than the Vanilla's giant smurfs!) - Fixed a bug with special weapon MP40 related with Alt-Fire and zoom mode. (Previously, when you tried to reload the MP40 with full clip reserve, the zoom was not restored to normal mode.) - Removed forever that emetic-hateful aberration called J. Bieber. Lil' old Commander Keen rules! (Well, actually in original Brutal Doom v19 was also removed, but not in the previous modified version.)
* Changes for version 19a:
- Shooting Chainsaw is now integrated in this version (Endless123's original addon). Just press secondary fire and have a nice bullet feast! - Fixed a strange graphic bug when you were chainsawing a mancubus corpse and the sprite wasn't updated correctly. Now it works with no problems, I hope. - Tweaked a bit the ammo pick amounts for Hell Missile Launcher and Flame Cannon: now if you pick up a HML or FC in the floor, you will receive 10 shoots from each one (instead of previous 4 HML shoots and 12 FC shoots.) Same with backpack, if you pick up one, you will also receive 10 shoot for each monsters' special weapons. (Normal weapons amount keep unchanged).
** Changes for version 19b:
- FEATURING MAJOR CHANGE: now the enemies will release objects more often! This will allow you to survive a bit easier on those F***ING HARD Megawads/Difficulty levels. It's time to get some extra rewards for fighting with hordes of tough monsters, don't you think it? (In fact, I've tried to balance a bit the chance of enemies dropping items. That means, NOT ALWAYS the Zombiemen, Shotgun Guys or Chaingunners will release their standard weapons, but in change you gain a minor probability to pick from them a more rare item!) ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
DROP-ITEM DETAILS: + Zombieman: aprox. 80% chance to get a Rifle and 5% chance to get a BackPack. + Shotgun Guy: aprox. 80% chance to get a Shotgun, 20% chance to get a Super Shotgun (*), and 5% chance to get a BackPack. + Chaingunner: aprox. 80% chance to get a Minigun and 5% chance to get a BackPack. + Imp: aprox. 10% chance to get a Stimpack and 5% chance to get a Demon Strength Rune. + Demon: aprox. 5% chance to get a Medikit and 5% chance to get a Demon Strength Rune. + Spectre: aprox. 5% chance to get a Demon Strength Rune and 2,5% chance to get a Berserk Pack. + Cacodemon: aprox. 5% chance to get a Demon Strength Rune and 2,5% chance to get a Soul Sphere. + Pain elemental: aprox. 5% chance to get a Demon Strength Rune and 2,5% chance to get a Mega Sphere. + Hell Knight: aprox. 10% chance to get a Security Armor and 5% chance to get a Demon Strength Rune. + Baron of Hell: aprox. 10% chance to get a Combat Armor and 5% chance to get a Demon Strength Rune. + Arachnotron: aprox. 80% chance to get a Energy Cell, 20% chance to get a Energy Cell Pack and 5% chance to get a Demon Strength Rune. + Revenant: aprox. 5% chance to get a Demon Strength Rune. (**) + Mancubus: aprox. 5% chance to get a Demon Strength Rune. (**) + Archvile: aprox. 5% chance to get a Demon Strength Rune and 5% chance to get a Invulnerability Sphere. + Spider Mastermind: aprox. 80% chance to get a Bullet Box and 20% chance to get a Demon Strength Rune. + Cyberdemon: aprox. 80% chance to get a Rocket Box and 20% chance to get a Demon Strength Rune.
(*): This means you'll have a chance to get the SSG even on Doom 1 levels/episodes. (**): You still have to rip with Chainsaw the enemy corpses to obtain their special weapons, unless you're lucky and blast them into pieces with your Rocket Launcher or BFG9000. ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
- Old Brutal Doom v16 zombie sounds now integrated in the mod. Zombiemen, Shotgun Guys and Chaingunners will shout when they detect you're near. So be prepared, and don't let they scare you! - Recovered the Doomguy's ability to roll-side left or right like in older Brutal Doom releases. Please check the Customize Keys menu for using this feature! - Now the Shooting Chainsaw won't show that weird 'green-blood' effect when using secondary fire. (Thanks to Quaker540 for his help!) - Increased Rocket Launcher max ammo from 50 to 75 (150 with backpack). Time to get some more rockets and dispatch your evil foes! - Removed unused and obsolete Skulltag data (old weapons and enemies) from the mod.
*** Changes for version 19c:
- Reversion tweak: Rocket Launcher max ammo decreased from 75 to 60 (120 with backpack) and increased Mancubus Flame Cannon max ammo from 60 to 80 (160 with backpack). A bit less rockets than before, but more flames instead! - Removed the Minigun's annoying pull-upwards recoil from secondary fire. - Tweaked and improved some pick-up messages with minor changes.
this one is based on final tests8748 which is the newest version
what i did was open up slade and take the ammo code and weapon sprites from hex's modified BD V19 and placed it into 8748 i also restored shotgun ammo to former glory by making shotgunners drop 4 shells instead of 2 and on map shotguns give 8 shells instead of 4 (like vanilla doom)