This is a slightly modified version of Sgt. Marks IV's Brutal Doom v19, created and tweaked some time ago by me, just for fun and also for trying to improve some things that are missing in the original mod. Note that you DON'T have to load this with original Brutal Doom file! For the main list of changes, read the description below.
Here is the main list of changes respect from original Brutal Doom v19:
- Replaced the old v0.18 Minigun and Rocket Launcher sprites for the new v19 ones published in previous test releases.
- Replaced Rifle, Shotgun and SSG sprites by the respective DoomNukem's Weapon Pack versions. (They're even cooler than the original ones, don't you think so?)
- Restored the old v0.18 Tomb Raider's "Find-a-secret" sound. (No more hearing the ZDoom's ugly standard sound!)
- Increased back the max-bullet ammo from 200 to 300. (Yeah, because 200 it's way TOO LOW. Long life to old Brutal Doom times!)
- Increased Revenant's Hell Missile Launcher max ammo from 50 to 120 (240 with backpack). You know, HML's new rate of fire on this version wastes more ammo than usual, and you run out of fire too rapidly in a similar way like the 200/400-bullet minigun. So doubling the max capacity mitigates this problem...
- Increased Mancubus' Flame Cannon max ammo from 30 to 60 (120 with backpack). Now you can roast hordes of imps and pinkies without worrying about running out of flames! Hahaha...
- Increased Shotgun/SSG max ammo from 50 to 100 (200 with backpack). Yeah, if you like to use this versatile weapons, why have you to conform with Vanilla's so-low ammo capacity? Now, shut up and bring them on!
- Increased Plasma Rifle/BFG9000 max ammo from 300 to 400 (800 with backpack). That's right. The new Plasma Flamethrower wastes A LOT OF AMMO. Don't you hate this thing? Yeah, me too. So if you can pick more cells, the fun lasts more time. Hehehehe!
- Doubled the Hell Missile Launcher and Flamecannon damage to enemies. As they're pretty rare-to-find weapons, their efficacy with enemies should be greater. Nowadays, who wants a weak rare weapon apart from collectors?
- Now picked up Backpacks will increase the ammo for Hell Missile Launcher and Flamecannon.
- Updated the new Brutal Doom title screen header with a 'Enhanced Edition' subtitle. (Previous Credits Page was removed by the author, so it keeps missing in this
- The old v0.18 Nazis and their MP40s are back! (Beware, they are MORE dangerous than the Vanilla's giant smurfs!)
- Fixed a bug with special weapon MP40 related with Alt-Fire and zoom mode. (Previously, when you tried to reload the MP40 with full clip reserve, the zoom was not
restored to normal mode.)
- Removed forever that emetic-hateful aberration called J. Bieber. Lil' old Commander Keen rules! (Well, actually in original Brutal Doom v19 was also removed, but
not in the previous modified version.)
* Changes for version 19a:
- Fixed a strange graphic bug when you were chainsawing a mancubus corpse and the sprite wasn't updated correctly. Now it works with no problems, I hope.
- Tweaked a bit the ammo pick amounts for Hell Missile Launcher and Flame Cannon: now if you pick up a HML or FC in the floor, you will receive 10 shoots from each one (instead of previous 4 HML shoots and 12 FC shoots.) Same with backpack, if you pick up one, you will also receive 10 shoot for each monsters' special weapons. (Normal weapons amount keep unchanged).
** Changes for version 19b:
(In fact, I've tried to balance a bit the chance of enemies dropping items. That means, NOT ALWAYS the Zombiemen, Shotgun Guys or Chaingunners will release their standard weapons, but in change you gain a minor probability to pick from them a more rare item!)
+ Zombieman: aprox. 80% chance to get a Rifle and 5% chance to get a BackPack.
+ Shotgun Guy: aprox. 80% chance to get a Shotgun, 20% chance to get a Super Shotgun (*), and 5% chance to get a BackPack.
+ Chaingunner: aprox. 80% chance to get a Minigun and 5% chance to get a BackPack.
+ Imp: aprox. 10% chance to get a Stimpack and 5% chance to get a Demon Strength Rune.
+ Demon: aprox. 5% chance to get a Medikit and 5% chance to get a Demon Strength Rune.
+ Spectre: aprox. 5% chance to get a Demon Strength Rune and 2,5% chance to get a Berserk Pack.
+ Cacodemon: aprox. 5% chance to get a Demon Strength Rune and 2,5% chance to get a Soul Sphere.
+ Pain elemental: aprox. 5% chance to get a Demon Strength Rune and 2,5% chance to get a Mega Sphere.
+ Hell Knight: aprox. 10% chance to get a Security Armor and 5% chance to get a Demon Strength Rune.
+ Baron of Hell: aprox. 10% chance to get a Combat Armor and 5% chance to get a Demon Strength Rune.
+ Arachnotron: aprox. 80% chance to get an Energy Cell, 20% chance to get an Energy Cell Pack and 5% chance to get a Demon Strength Rune.
+ Revenant: aprox. 5% chance to get a Demon Strength Rune. (**)
+ Mancubus: aprox. 5% chance to get a Demon Strength Rune. (**)
+ Archvile: aprox. 5% chance to get a Demon Strength Rune and 5% chance to get an Invulnerability Sphere.
+ Spider Mastermind: aprox. 80% chance to get a Bullet Box and 20% chance to get a Demon Strength Rune.
+ Cyberdemon: aprox. 80% chance to get a Rocket Box and 20% chance to get a Demon Strength Rune.
(*): This means you'll have a chance to get the SSG even on Doom 1 levels/episodes.
(**): You still have to rip with Chainsaw the enemy corpses to obtain their special weapons, unless you're lucky and blast them into pieces with your Rocket Launcher or BFG9000.
- Old Brutal Doom v16 zombie sounds now integrated in the mod. Zombiemen, Shotgun Guys and Chaingunners will speak loud when they detect you're near. So be prepared, and don't let they scare you!
- Recovered the Doomguy's ability to roll-side left or right like in older Brutal Doom releases. Please check the Customize Keys menu for using this feature!
- Now the Shooting Chainsaw won't show that weird 'green-blood' effect when using secondary fire. (Thanks to Quaker540 for his help!)
- Increased Rocket Launcher max ammo from 50 to 75 (150 with backpack). Time to get some more rockets and dispatch your evil foes!
- Removed unused and obsolete Skulltag data (old weapons and enemies) from the mod.
*** Changes for version 19c:
- Removed the Minigun's annoying pull-upwards recoil from secondary fire.
- Tweaked and improved some pick-up messages with minor changes.
**** Changes for v19d:
NEW BRUTAL PISTOL DETAILS:
++ Counting with a clip of 15 shots, you can use the classic-primary fire (1 bullet per shot) or the more powerful secondary fire (3 bullets per shot). With this, you'll be able to dispatch your enemies in a slightly-similar way like Robocop! (The late 80's one, not the 2014 one!)
++ Updated sprites with the DoomNukem's Weapon Pack pistol ones. A cooler and more imposing look than the previous FreeDoom-aspect!
- Replaced the bit old BD skill level names with some new ones (you'll see them when you start a new game), and minor tweaking-improvements in difficulty for balancing some things.
- Updated and fixed the nazi's MP40 lump code; now it has the right-working 32 shots per clip. It won't have anymore the previous and strange Chaingun's behaviour! (Also fixed the casing-throwing issue when you achieve the weapon for first time.)
- Changed the Shooting Chainsaw's secondary fire sound. Yeah, not sounding more like the MP40 now...
- Some other minor tweaks and improvements, not worth to detail here.
[Many special thanks to Quaker540 and his valuable permission to use and update the weapons's code from his BD Sub-Mod. You're great, man!]
***** Changes for v19e:
DETAILS FOR NEW ALTERNATE ATTACKS (*):
+++ Rocket Launcher: Improved with an exclusive triple-rocket shot. When you press the button, the Launcher will spread three rockets at once, increasing significantly its destructive power. Try it with an incoming horde of monsters approaching to you in an open field! (Costs 3 units of ammo per shot.)
+++ BFG9000: The beloved Big Fucking Gun has gained now a powerful multi-plasma bolt shoot. Do you remember the old Plasma Rifle's secondary fire in Brutal Doom 0.18? This attack resembles it, but now is even better for dispatching strong enemies rapidly. Actually, this weapon could be named BFGover9000! (Costs 15 units of ammo per shot.)
+++ Mancubus Flame Cannon: It has been enhanced with a dangerous wide-shooting flamethrower. I won't give much more details about it, but when you get this demonic weapon in your hands, it will be a real nightmare to your evil foes for sure. Hold the trigger and have fun! (Costs 2 units of ammo per shot, holding fire it will decrease progressively in same amount).
(*): Note that these powerful attacks will slightly kickback the player (pretty like the SSG), so beware when using them in edges or slopes!
- Now included in Zip archive an optional and improved Brightmaps+ file, based on Z86's SBrightmaps and BDSE's improved brightmaps. (Tested OK with GZDoom last Dev builds).
- Fixed an issue present in previous version where the nazi's MP40 would spawn with an abnormal reduced size.
- Changed a bit the BDPistol's secondary fire sound.
- Minor tweaks and fixes.
****** Changes for v19f:
- Now the Brutal Pistol is semi-automatic, like most of your other weapons. No more pounding keyboard/joystick keys to kill your first wave of enemies, just aim and hold the fire button as usual!
- Improved the animation of Brutal Pistol secondary fire, now it shows more clearly the 3-bullet firing action.
- Restablished at last the advanced taunts and oneliners, sadly missing in original Brutal Doom v19 and BDEE previous releases. (Thanks to Brutaldoomisawesome user in Moddb.com for his help!)
- The Rocket Launcher secondary fire will now spread the three-rocket rounds a bit more randomly. That means it keeps shooting in same pattern as before, but the fired rockets direction may vary in some horizontal degrees.
- From now, the Arachnotrons will shoot red plasma bolts instead of blue ones. It's just an eye-candy tweak, the damage to player keeps unchanged. (Aside, I've always thought the plasma bolts in Doom games should be in different colour to distinguish the player attacks from the enemy fire, in a pretty similar way like the Star Wars saga fights, either massive laser gun skirmishes or the Jedi's lightsaber confrontations. You know: blue/green for goodies, red for baddies. At last in general terms...)
- Updated Help Screen Survival Guide (F1 key) with some new info text and snapshots, and also updated BD title header for autocrediting me someway. (Well, it was about time appearing myself after working hard improving this Mod for all of you, isn't right?)
- A few minimal polishments and fixes.
NEW HELP-SCREEN SNAPSHOT:
OLD PROMO TRAILER:
SOME NEW VIDEO WALKTHROUGHS (ALL BY YOUTUBE USER MARTINOZ O):
BRUTAL DOOM v19f ENHANCED EDITION
Well, that's all for now. Have a happy doom-killing! HE HE HE...