[1.9a] Insanity's Requiem Mk.2 | Updated Credits.

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
TiberiumSoul
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: [Release] Insanity's Requiem V2.0 Not so Final

Post by TiberiumSoul »

Ok thanks for the input I'm trying to think of good altfires

Some things have been changed:

The minigun behaves in a manner similar to the real thing IE barrels keep spinning till you shut em off with the altfire

Removed the "ohfuckme" monster That WAS a terrible idea but I wanted a way for the BFG spawned to fuck you over besides not giving you something

I will be tweaking the shields and spheres

And I'll give fixing the Double barrel shotgun one more go as well as tweaking the spawners there will be a 2/3 chance to get a weapon
TheMightyHeracross

Post by TheMightyHeracross »

Why are you making weapons not spawn? :?
TiberiumSoul

Post by TiberiumSoul »

It's a difficulty mod and if weapons have a chance of not spawning the game gets harder even then I'm bieng nice because it's a 2/1 chance if getting a weapon from a spawner

Plus if I'm going to have all the weapons handy I have to use spawners I also use spawners so that no two playthroughs will be the same
Bitterman

Post by Bitterman »

If it's a difficulty mod you should seriously nerf the health and armor.
TheMightyHeracross

And ammo. Difficulty mod? This is an overkill mod!
Basically, nerf the ammo/hp/armor to reasonable levels like everybody else said, take away that shovel altfire, and boost monster damage a bit, and then you could get a hard mod.
TiberiumSoul

Post by TiberiumSoul »

as of V2.1:
Spoiler:
and unless you do it on your own downloaded version

Ammo Counts wont be getting nerfed. EVER.
TiberiumSoul

Re: [Release] Insanity's Requiem V2.1

Post by TiberiumSoul »

pretty sure that this wont be stable enough to call final either but here goes...

Download: Insanity's Requiem v2.1
Dat wad noob

Post by Dat wad noob »

Remember when IR was difficult?.....yeah me neither. Seriously, that shield system REALLY needs to go. And the health shouldnt stack up to 1200. Up to 250 at the most. And some powerups are still a little too ridiculous ; I take for example the time freeze sphere. It lasts like 2 whole minutes, and you practically just wait for it to were off before you continue down the map. And of course, ridiculous ammo. Seriously, I managed to finish maps in scythe using the flak gun solely. Oh, and when I started a map, i got errors in the console;

Code: Select all

WARNING: Incorrect actor name in definition of skill normal:
Non-Existent class SoulHarvester is replaced by class DoomImp_Spawner
Skill replacement will be ingored for this actor.
WARNING: Incorrect actor name in definition of skill normal:
Non-Existent class Fire is replaced by class Bullet_Spawner
Skill replacement will be ingored for this actor.
Tib, just do yourself a favor. Play the mod throughout, no cheats, nothing, and ask yourself : Are you really satisfied with this?
TiberiumSoul

Post by TiberiumSoul »

No, I'm not satisfied with it that's why I'm still working on it

The shields aren't going anywhere but I'll nerf them some more and I'll halve the duration of powerups from 90 to 45 seconds

As for the ammo counts the bullets are staying as is simply because the minigun is an ammo eater
for everything else you give me some more balanced amounts and I'll plug them in to v2.2
TheMightyHeracross

TiberiumSoul wrote: As for the ammo counts the bullets are staying as is simply because the minigun is an ammo eater
Give the minigun its own ammo type. Sorta like what Weapons of Saturn does, regular bullets replace the clip and minigun bullets replace the ammo box.
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

Maybe instead of a really big shield you just go with a smaller one that regens faster? So a higher quality one has maybe a cap of like 200-300 and regens faster then a smaller shield with 100. That way you don't end up with huge amounts of shields that are hard to keep track of. You could do the same with damage reduction as well, maybe with the lower quality shields only block most of the damage, and the best shield blocking all damage till it's gone.
Doomguy5th

Post by Doomguy5th »

TiberiumSoul wrote:No, I'm not satisfied with it that's why I'm still working on it

The shields aren't going anywhere but I'll nerf them some more and I'll halve the duration of powerups from 90 to 45 seconds

As for the ammo counts the bullets are staying as is simply because the minigun is an ammo eater
for everything else you give me some more balanced amounts and I'll plug them in to v2.2
I'm not sure if this is the appropriate time to say this... but why can't you just make addons for Insanity Requiem? You could make an addon where the shields go bye-bye. :lol:
TheMightyHeracross wrote:And ammo. Difficulty mod? This is an overkill mod!
Basically, nerf the ammo/hp/armor to reasonable levels like everybody else said, take away that shovel altfire, and boost monster damage a bit, and then you could get a hard mod.
No shit... This mod is pretty overkill, especially that weapon that replaces the BFG and kind of nukes eveything. I do have to agree with the "boosting monster damage".
TiberiumSoul

Post by TiberiumSoul »

Ok I'll make a no shields addon that brings back traditional armor pickups in the respective 4 colors

I'll also boost the damage of the enemies think (and I cannot believe I'm saying this) brutal doom when I say "damage boost"

And I'll also make separate ammo types for several weapons now that I have the large power cell box template from amv2k9

Lose the overkill damage on the DM-REW9 altfire should I bring back the old shotgun altfire that you didn't have to charge

Furthermore the atlas cannon hasn't been in this mod since v1.9
TiberiumSoul

Re: [Release] Insanity's Requiem V2.2

Post by TiberiumSoul »

Well, Here we go everyone lets see how i did this time...

Download: Insanity's Requiem v2.2

monsters have been buffed so I don't want to hear any bitching that they're OP am I clear?
Biosyn

Re: [Release] Insanity's Requiem V2.2

Post by Biosyn »

Err.. shouldn't the download link be on the first page?

Return to “Gameplay Mods”