The Guncaster - 3.888b

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
DoomKrakken

Re: [Update] The Guncaster - 2.8a, all glory be

Post by DoomKrakken »

Even stranger... seemingly inefficient too. I don't see why it requires his hand to be out, if it's being launched from his mouth, unless it were being launched from his hand. Interesting, though...

Just curious... was the explanation supposed to justify why his hand was out during the launching of Scourgebreath, or was this behavior intended the whole time?
Zhs2
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support
Location: Maryland, USA, but probably also in someone's mod somewhere

Post by Zhs2 »

Yes.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

I left something out... I meant to ask if it was the explanation just created on the fly, or did you guys have that canon in mind all this time?
Wivicer
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Wivicer »

I don't know if this is actually a bug, or if it's just happening on my end, but the sounds for Cygnus's footsteps, movement etc. seem to override the sounds for his wings flapping every so often.
Spaceman333

Post by Spaceman333 »

Man, today I discovered that Project Brutality is not the bloodiest, goriest mod out there.

Corpseblast spell is quite something. :shock:

Morbidly enough, I'm having a lot of fun playing as a janitor, mopping up (read: blasting corpses en masse) the entire level after I'm done rampaging through it. Its like Viscera Cleanup Detail: Dragon Space God Supreme Edition. Besides that, I've really getting the hang of all the features this mod has to offer. I gotta say, I've been giggling like an absolutely madman, feeling like a super dragon god and drowing in overpowering amounts of dragonforce as I wipe out thousands of monsters with ridiculous overkill. I haven't had this much fun in a game for a very long time.

Gigantic props for making this mod and making me so happy for sharing it.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

Dude, if you corpseblast Brutal Doom monsters (if they were compatible with Corpseblast), then you'd get some gazpacho with a side of borscht.
shotfan

Post by shotfan »

I still think that Scourgebreath should be a permanent upgrade to Cygnis' breath. His natural one is nigh-useless (chiefly because it is so slow to come out). I would make it an another attack command, always accessible from its own button. He is a small dragon after all, so he should always breath fire (or red essence of pure death, in Scourgebreath's case) whenever he wants. Or give him a Tiberium-enhanced breath when he wears Derg suit, which costs the same amount of mana (20?) as the standard Firespit but drops a Mancubus right on the spot.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

Nah. Being able to access your ancestor's breath in addition to your own is way too badass to be changed. :D
shotfan

Post by shotfan »

Even then, the Tiberium Spit would make perfect sense, considering that B.A.D.A.S.S. is intended to be used by dragonoids. Also - melting everything in front of you with raw Tiberium coming out of your mouth would make you a mini-Godzilla of sorts :D
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

But that's what you have mini Dreadballs for... XD
shotfan

Post by shotfan »

You could say so, but a quick breath may sometimes seem more appropriate, when you find yourself up close and personal with a bunch of monsters. However, I have to admit that I cling to Tiberium Spit mostly because I find belching with liquified radioactive green rocks to be rather fun by itself :mrgreen:
rautamiekka
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by rautamiekka »

shotfan wrote:You could say so, but a quick breath may sometimes seem more appropriate, when you find yourself up close and personal with a bunch of monsters. However, I have to admit that I cling to Tiberium Spit mostly because I find belching with liquified radioactive green rocks to be rather fun by itself :mrgreen:
I'm too oldschool to use something like a firebreath in a pinch, I just spray-and-pray with my guns automatically.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

Firebreath has a small delay, unlike the Bishop's Tiberium cannon projectiles
Jack Mackerel

Post by Jack Mackerel »

PillowBlaster wrote:
Jack Mackerel wrote:Hey, I'm having an issue with Hexen (this might just be the recent SVNs, though). When I save or travel through portals, there's a chance it freezes and crashes. I'm using the October 20th version of the SVN.
Sounds like this again:
Rowsol wrote:The game loading slowly and taking a lot of RAM sounds like GL precaching is on, try turning it off.
Belatedly - the precaching was off by default.
Whitestell

Post by Whitestell »

I love you mod, i mean, really loved it!
[youtube]https://youtu.be/vKm1BQSQ6qU[/youtube]

Return to “Gameplay Mods”