The Guncaster - 3.888b

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
shotfan

Re: [Update] The Guncaster - 2.8a, all glory be

Post by shotfan »

PillowBlaster wrote:
chronoteeth wrote:eyyy gratz bein on vinny vinesauce's stream!

by proxy it was nice seeing my sprite work on stream too hahaha
Aye, I'm happy to hear that myself! :P

And considering that I kinda ran out of steam to work on Caster... or rather, things to work on, because feature-wise, it's already way over the planned span - I guess that means it'll land in development hell. You kids keep on reporting bugs, and I'll squash them. Otherwise, there's still new Cauterizer and melee weapon missing. COME ON DOOMS I NEED YOUR MIGHTY POWERS TO FILL IN THE GAPS~
RIP AND TEAR, UNTIL IT IS DONE!

(it was pretty bad, was it not? :lol: )
erni945

Post by erni945 »

I found a serious bug in Doom , when I use asbestos suit , philosopher 's tome and berserk pack and for this I have put themselves in array spell Flamewave I can not then attack with his fists because instead use spells and it regards the primary fire and seconadary fire , on both happening same
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

erni945 wrote:I found a serious bug in Doom , when I use asbestos suit , philosopher 's tome and berserk pack and for this I have put themselves in array spell Flamewave I can not then attack with his fists because instead use spells and it regards the primary fire and seconadary fire , on both happening same
Oh heh, I fixed that in regular fists, but forgot about midas mode. Will be fixed.
erni945

Post by erni945 »

PillowBlaster wrote:
erni945 wrote:I found a serious bug in Doom , when I use asbestos suit , philosopher 's tome and berserk pack and for this I have put themselves in array spell Flamewave I can not then attack with his fists because instead use spells and it regards the primary fire and seconadary fire , on both happening same
Oh heh, I fixed that in regular fists, but forgot about midas mode. Will be fixed.

even forgot to tell you about one bug, concerning asbestos suit even though it is not so serious when I founded it and shoot with Longhorn is a moment shows up simple hand like I had assumed asbestos suit
Tesculpture

Post by Tesculpture »

Just wanted to say that I love this mod and thank you for making it. Between this and Trailblazer, I haven't had this much fun in an FPS since TimeSplitters: Future Perfect. Can't wait to see where you take this thing next (though I won't mind if you decide it's finished either - it may have some niggles, but it's pretty damn close to perfect!)
JimpArgon

Post by JimpArgon »

Tesculpture wrote:Just wanted to say that I love this mod and thank you for making it. Between this and Trailblazer, I haven't had this much fun in an FPS since TimeSplitters: Future Perfect. Can't wait to see where you take this thing next (though I won't mind if you decide it's finished either - it may have some niggles, but it's pretty damn close to perfect!)

I have to second this. PillowBlaster, you make GOD TIER mods man..... Seriously one of the reasons I got into the Doom scene is between Russian Overkill, and GunCaster.

You seriously are the best.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

I humbly "third" this... if it's at all possible. :)
Spartan of Approval

Post by Spartan of Approval »

Anyone having issues dling the mod? Everytime I click the download button on that Mediafire site it keeps refreshing the page and I don't get a queue of any sort for the download.
Rowsol

Post by Rowsol »

Link shows up fine for me. You see the green download button?
Zhs2
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support
Location: Maryland, USA, but probably also in someone's mod somewhere

Post by Zhs2 »

I hate Mediafire. Whenever the download button fails to appear I view page source (Ctrl+U) and slap that there embedded download link right into my address bar.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Including that, lag problem, ad appears when clicking download button, can't delete or upload files and can't download in a single click etc... It gone awkward recently.
Spartan of Approval

Post by Spartan of Approval »

Damn download button is still broken.

Everytime I click the download button, all it does is refresh the page and pop-up ads appear. No download appears.

I think the mod needs to be re-uploaded.
erni945

Post by erni945 »

Pillow , I have to you just one question when it is provided for the next update?.Because the I admit that this error of the Philosopher's Tome of which you reported is quite annoying and employs me the game , of course, wants you to know that I'm not going to rush you so . just simply I ask , in advance thank you for your answer
wpninja

Post by wpninja »

Some reason I can't run this version of guncaster at all, I tried multiple versions of GZDoom. But the strange thing is when I try to run it I don't get any error messages at all. After it runs through the scripts it just shutsdown GZDoom completely. I have never had any mod do this before, usually when a mod doesn't run it freezes on the the error scripts to show you whats wrong atleast.

Just for a test I ran the latest versions of RO and TrailBlazer and those played just fine.
JimpArgon

Post by JimpArgon »

wpninja wrote:Some reason I can't run this version of guncaster at all, I tried multiple versions of GZDoom. But the strange thing is when I try to run it I don't get any error messages at all. After it runs through the scripts it just shutsdown GZDoom completely. I have never had any mod do this before, usually when a mod doesn't run it freezes on the the error scripts to show you whats wrong atleast.

Just for a test I ran the latest versions of RO and TrailBlazer and those played just fine.
I had the same issues as well, play it on Zandronum 3.0 (Devoloper version) works just fine.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”