The Guncaster - 3.888b

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
EddieMann

Re: [Update] The Guncaster - Stuff and Stufferations

Post by EddieMann »

PillowBlaster wrote:

Well, I hope I'll be done with this update before 2016!
Absolutely smashing, Pillow! I expected the revolver to have an execution bar what when filled up, you can hold down right click (or some other button iunno) and pass the targeting reticule over any enemies in the immediate area to mark them, and when released cygnis automatically shoots them, but this update also blew me away (like a quadshotgun to the face).

Oh and by the way, thanks for the easy dosh mate! :cheers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ON-7v4qnHP8
Ribo Zurai

Re: [Update] The Guncaster - Stuffs and Stufferations

Post by Ribo Zurai »

The balls part in the near end made my entire year. You're a genius.
EddieMann

Post by EddieMann »

Ribo Zurai wrote:The balls part in the near end made my entire year. You're a genius.
I literally never saw that coming, I fucking loved it.
comet1337

Post by comet1337 »

minigun to flak cannon?
i see nothing wrong with this

also roboderger
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

HOLY SHIZ... THIS IS TOO AWESOME. :D

LOL Philosopher's Tome... love that pun. :D OOH! And a money magnet! For when I can't get to a load of money that's severely lagging my CPU! YUS!

I'm so going to have fun with that new tomed Thunderstruck. :) Also, about that previous conversation about whether or not the actual invisible lightning summoner projectile should have the +NOINTERACTION flag, I can still hit monsters in the middle of crowds as you suggested with ease,even with the flag removed. And the monsters still fly away hilariously.

New spell augmentations are awesome.

Pulverizer Stratocaster looks stupidly fun to fool around with. Definitely looking forward to that! :D
Spoiler: Freeing up a bit of real estate. Read on, if you dare...
P.S.: I NEED A PICTURE OF DAT ARMOR. I MUST DRAW IT. :D
Last edited by DoomKrakken on Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
zrrion the insect

Post by zrrion the insect »

This is fantastic! Every time you update you add something that I can't live without. Keep it up comrade.
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

I don't care how long it takes, I want power armoured dragon-man, or is it man-dragon?
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

I forgot to mention how I love that thumbnail screen... showing Cygnis there like he's on the cover of a magazine. I just gotta say...

IT'S.

TOTAL.

FREAKING.

GENIUS. :D
Gideon020 wrote:I don't care how long it takes, I want power armoured dragon-man, or is it man-dragon?
Man-shaped dragon. :)
zrrion the insect wrote:This is fantastic! Every time you update you add something that I can't live without. Keep it up comrade.
I second this. :D
lemur616

Post by lemur616 »

PillowBlaster, you sir are a GOD. From now on i will raise an altar to your everlasting glory amongst all the gods from the DOOMMODDERS HEAVENS.
EddieMann

Post by EddieMann »

DoomKrakken wrote:HOLY SHIZ... THIS IS TOO AWESOME. :D

LOL Philosopher's Tome... love that pun. :D OOH! And a money magnet! For when I can't get to a load of money that's severely lagging my CPU! YUS!

I'm so going to have fun with that new tomed Thunderstruck. :) Also, about that previous conversation about whether or not the actual invisible lightning summoner projectile should have the +NOINTERACTION flag, I can still hit monsters in the middle of crowds as you suggested with ease,even with the flag removed. And the monsters still fly away hilariously.

New spell augmentations are awesome.

Pulverizer Stratocaster looks stupidly fun to fool around with. Definitely looking forward to that! :D

I have an idea for the Cauterizer Stratocaster... maybe it can fire a stream of lightning similar to the lightning from Russian Overkill's Powercube. Short/medium range, very powerful, but eats up ammo like a pack of Pinkies with a severe case of the munchies. I think I could probably do that right now...

Not sure about the Sovereign Stratocaster, though... I thought it would just launch one bundle of Dynamite and then revert back to its old firing mode, and then you can load another bundle of Dynamite. This actually seems too OP... :\

But now, I just got an idea... maybe make it so that while he's in Dynamite mode, he can fire one at a time, but he has to reload another bundle of Dynamite after each shot.

I also got other ideas. An ammo nerf and a damage buff.

In my personal version of Guncaster, I had modified the Strucker so that it deals as much damage as the vanilla Super Shotgun (20 pellets, 5 damage each, times 1d3, with the strat fire doing 10 pellets of 5 damage each per shot), modified the Pulverizer (as it felt kinda weak) to deal 8 damage per bullet (to match Trailblazer's FMG), and modified the Ironblast slightly to fire four extra Ironblast Projectiles (for a total of 24, though it doesn't seem to do much, as it still kills Barons in two shots instead of one... but seriously, what's 20 divided by 8?).

I rely on the Ironblast, Strucker, and Pulverizer too much in Guncaster, as I get assloads of ammo from the Hammerspace Backpacks (however... this has absolutely nothing to do with the damage buffs I did in my version). Now, I absolutely love the Hammerspace Backpacks' ability to expand ammo capacity, but I feel the maximum amount of shotgun shells and Pulverizer bullets are too much at the end of each game. To nerf this, I feel that Cygnis should be able to carry 100 shotgun shells default max (200 backpack max), changing shotgun shell belt pickup to 24 shells, obtaining 16 shells from the Ironblast, and having 200 Pulverizer bullets default max (400 backpack max). I have implemented these changes in my version of Guncaster, but I think it'd be cool if this was implemented in the original version.

I think the two together will balance out quite nicely.

What do you guys think?

Could I see your drawings? :3
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

EddieMann wrote:
DoomKrakken wrote:P.S.: I NEED A PICTURE OF DAT ARMOR. I MUST DRAW IT. :D
Could I see your drawings? :3
Right here, bro. :D

EDIT: I drew a little something a couple months ago... :)
Spoiler: Anyone ever wonder why some mods aren't compatible with each other?
Last edited by DoomKrakken on Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zhs2
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support
Location: Maryland, USA, but probably also in someone's mod somewhere

Post by Zhs2 »

Not pictured: Cygnis and Malcolm giving each other an epic high-five, or maybe even a brohug.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

I can draw that... :D

Not a brofist, though... that's gonna hurt.

I actually had plans to make a (personal) mod where you could play as the Guncaster or the Trailblazer, in the same mod. What a coincidence!

EDIT: It'd be cool if there was yet another weapon that could be used here... some sort of powerful, Unmaker-type weapon (although not demonic in origin, please).

EDIT 2:
Spoiler: This regards Stratocasters. It's a bit long, so I put it into this spoiler so that I don't take up too much real estate on this page...
Shutting up now... :)
Last edited by DoomKrakken on Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Silentdarkness12

Post by Silentdarkness12 »

Looking forward to when the next update comes out. This looks like it's gonna be freaking sweet.

Always loving Guncaster. One of my absolute FAVS.
Zhs2
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support
Location: Maryland, USA, but probably also in someone's mod somewhere

Post by Zhs2 »

@DoomKrakken: I will agree with you that the Longhorn's strat doesn't seem like much of a helpful extra firing mode; something better is in the works. I can't agree that any of the other Stratocasters don't serve their purpose, however. Not even the Strucker: it enhances damage output at the cost of ammo chewing, and it's still very controllable. I can't help but imagine your hands just kind of flail around wildly every time you fire a gun with recoil or something.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”